West Ham Utd 1 Aston Villa 2 (16/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Half the issue is that he keeps swapping the strikers every game. Guarantee he won't start with that front 3 the next game, then he'll change it again the following and again and again and so on. We can't get a rhythm going. I'm fed up now. We seem to go out without a plan all the time.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

QN

Nor was it in the right areas....

Keane or Ba not both. (As much as I don't like the little arrogant Irish pillock he is the only one we have with a real football brain).

As much as Ba has bought to the team, we needed help in other areas too. Priorities is listing things in order of importance. We seem to still think that any buy is a good one. No matter if we need help in that area or not.

Since we have gotten those two, my guess is that we have had more rotations up front than we have had at the back. And that's saying something.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

hawkins_hammer wrote:That's horseshit and you know it.
Au contraire.

Have a look at the table from when he got that team and where they were 3 months later with Neill, Collins and Bellamy.......

5th to 17th.

Strange as it may seem - we're in our best run of form since those halcyon days......
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Just got home after a nightmare trip which rounded off a thoroughly miserable day.

We were shocking today, absolutely shocking. No fight, no passion - except perhaps Keane who ran his legs off I thought.
Also thought Cole tried hard to no avail

when did we become Wimbledon? Hoofing the long ball is not our tradition and we aint any good at it anyway.

Noble is a player I have long admired but he had a shocker today. What was he thinking of? All he had to do was kick the f*cking ball but no he had to try and be Pele.

Halsey had a shocker and the ironic cheers and applause he got midway through second half when he finally gave us a free kick spoke volumes of his performance and the linesman running alongside West Stand.

Would Parker have saved us today? Maybe, but I rather fear the weight of carrying the whole team is starting to take its toll.

I really dont know where we go from here, never mind the next two away games that most of us have already written off, I simply cannot see us winning all of our last 3 games now.

I am now preparing for life in the Championship.
Just got back and really can't be bothered to put an effort into writing about that awful, awful display. This pretty much sums it up for me :thup:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Upson is not even going through the motions anymore
did you see that useless ***t after he'd been GUBBED AGAIN second half and made to look like a school boy, and somehow got away with it...winced and held his calf as if it were an excuse-then realised no-one cares anymore, then just did his big chest strutty thing ....please leave you useless ****... england centre half? bahhhhhh!
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

bubbles1966 wrote:
Au contraire.

Have a look at the table from when he got that team and where they were 3 months later with Neill, Collins and Bellamy.......

5th to 17th.

Strange as it may seem - we're in our best run of form since those halcyon days......

We were 5th after three games which in the grand scheme of things means f*** all, curbs won two home (wigan and blackburn) games he should of big deal?he is still a boring prick who is still unemployed and in his best finish was 10th lower than Roeder and Zola and they were both crap. :lol:
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Hammer83 wrote: curbs
You seem strangely...quite weirdly, and a tad obsessively...fixated.

It ain't normal.
Hammer83

Post by Hammer83 »

Bubbs The same could be said for you re Zola :wink:
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Hammer83 wrote:Bubbs The same could be said for you re Zola :wink:
I don't think so.

Hawkins has started a conversation about Zola and Grant......

You, for some reason known only to you, have brought Curbishley into it.
smfc

Post by smfc »

Up the Junction wrote:Their lad took the ball. Big challenge though.
Week after week we see challenges like that penalised, often with a yellow card. I thought at the time he was going through the ball with deliberate intent to take the player too - and the more I see it the more convinced I am that was the case. It really shouldn't be enough to say you "took the ball" if you subsequently take someones head off or injure them enough the other player has to be stretchered off.

The ref today had a nightmare, absolutlely shocking decisions all over the pitch (that went both ways - nothing wrong with Bents goal at all, some would speculate that was evening up the fact Dunne should have got sent off for the push on Cole). Then Dunne again on Ba in the middle of the park right in front of the ref - should have been a yellow and he didn't even give a foul. Giving a free kick to Villa when young stood and tripped on the ball. Not to mention a dozen or so other shocking decisions but at least the assistants seemed accurate enough with the offsides.

I don't expect referees to be perfect but this season I just think the standard is shocking.
Hammer83

Post by Hammer83 »

I was only messing bubbs hence the smiley wink.

I am not in a good mood after today to be honest that's what losing a must win game does to me.BTW how many leads have we thrown away this season 7-8??? under Grant (and Upson as captain) where is the leadership?
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Had a 11 hour round trip to watch that dross today. My mate reckoned after 10 mins we'd lose 3-1. There's just no heart/fight/spirit and we (i.e. the manager??) seem to take great players and infect them with the same rubbish. What's happened to Hitz? At least Keane showed some spirit. But was it just me or did he end up playing just in front of the back 4? He's a strikes FFS.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

After we scored we did next to f*** all. It just didnt come as a shock that we lost the game.

Once again the 4-3-3 was what ****ed us up. I have backed Avram this season, he has the right kind of idea but just makes really bad decisions. We played this formation against Bolton and got punished. Petrov and Lee had all the space they needed and punished us. So we go and play the same formation against Villa and give Ashley Young acres of space and he rips us to shreds.

Why he brought Hines on i dont know...Piquionne didnt even come on... was he not fit? i see he was on the bench...

We had 4 forwards on the pitch at one point....just bad management today in my opinion. We were complete **** and lacked organisation. The first goal was inexcusable, dont know what the f*** Noble was doing...

bad bad day! :(
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Hammer83 wrote:I was only messing bubbs hence the smiley wink.

I am not in a good mood after today to be honest that's what losing a must win game does to me.BTW how many leads have we thrown away this season 7-8??? under Grant (and Upson as captain) where is the leadership?
It ain't leadership...it ain't tactics..... it's a lack of depth and Grant making bad substitutions.....

The team need an athletic central midfielder who they can throw on at 60 minutes or so quite frequently just to keep up the impetus and maintain control of the ball.....

It's stupid that we still don't have one.

I thought Keane, Hitz, O'Neil etc provided a very good example today.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

It's on Sky Sports 2 now if anyone's interested.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:It's on Sky Sports 2 now if anyone's interested.

cant quite face it tbh.....settling for real-barca .....
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

hawkins_hammer wrote:Under Grant we have seen significant investment...
QuintonNimoy wrote: Let's get it right. We saw meagre investment, a drop in the ocean . . .
Slightly off-topic here, but I don't think you can call blowing millions on any Prem club an investment . . . no chance in hell of earning your money back. It's certainly not an investment in financial terms.

How many Prem Clubs are making money? It's like calling a tenner you spend on the lottery an investment . . .

Anyhow, back on topic, we looked very poor today. Maybe we can nick a couple of wins and stay up -- there's still everything to play for. However, after seeing the way we played this afternoon, I'm now looking forward to coming back and seeing us play Championship football in a windswept half-empty stadium in Stratford. :|
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

The Gibbins wrote:After we scored we did next to f*** all. It just didnt come as a shock that we lost the game.

Once again the 4-3-3 was what f***ed us up. I have backed Avram this season, he has the right kind of idea but just makes really bad decisions. We played this formation against Bolton and got punished. Petrov and Lee had all the space they needed and punished us. So we go and play the same formation against Villa and give Ashley Young acres of space and he rips us to shreds.

Why he brought Hines on i dont know...Piquionne didnt even come on... was he not fit? i see he was on the bench...

We had 4 forwards on the pitch at one point....just bad management today in my opinion. We were complete sh*t and lacked organisation. The first goal was inexcusable, dont know what the f*** Noble was doing...

bad bad day! :(
4-3-3?? Granted the players swapped positions quite a bit, but taht was a 4-4-2 for me. Obinna clearly was sppsed to be playing wide not up top.
aLzDuDe!

Post by aLzDuDe! »

Watched this game from the bobby moore lower for the first time. Usually sit in the east and west stand. Seeing the game at eye level you can really see the lack of bolloucks in the whole team.. Noble was inexcusable today, as our longest serving player and in Parker's absence, mistake not to clear the ball aside, he hid behind the rest of the team for the entire game. Didn't show for the ball or take the midfield by the horns and get creating, left it all to Hitzlesperger who deserves a medal for single handedly playing CM by himself.

Upson, 'our captain' also went hiding the entire game, no commitment to win a header, I couldn't see or hear him bark orders all game and generally couldn't be bothered to even put himself about.. It is a farce that c**t is still our captain, he should have been stripped long ago.

The entire team did not show for the ball all game and did not take any initiative. We can moan all we want about tactics and personnel but at the end of the day, it's these mens profession to play for the team, and football is still football. No matter what the tactics it's 11 v 11 and it cannot be excused that the whole team doesn't bother to stand up and get out from hiding behind eachother, get the bir between their teeth and be proud of putting their all in no matter what. Have a bit of f***ing heart you complete pile of w**k. If the quality aint there then please just f***ing fight!
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Saw Mervyn Day as i came out today, anybody know who he is working for now?