Chelsea 3 West Ham Utd 0 (23/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Re: Chelsea FC v West Ham United FC Match Thread

Post by simon hammer »

ageing hammer wrote:We could have won that game if we took our chances. :x
Story of our season.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I've seen Mourinho do the same to other teams subs.....does it mean anything?
xerxes

Post by xerxes »

I went to the game. We were well beaten. Losing to Chelsea is not what will get us releagated it is that the team is simply not good enough.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Thought it was a fair shift given the quality of the opposition and that they're top of the form table at the moment, never thought for one moment that we'd come away with any points but hoped that we'd keep it down to 1-0 to help with the goal average, it's hard enough having to beat Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland without having to do it by big scores....

Was a fair shift though and if we put in shifts like that then we are likely to pick up points from those games, two goals shipped in the closing minutes could be costly though as it might well go down to goal average in the final reckoning :crest:
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

smuts wrote:I've seen Mourinho do the same to other teams subs.....does it mean anything?
Not without knowing the full story no
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

DagenhamHammer wrote:Mourinho, if we got him, the greatest club manager in the world, he is very pally with lots of players, because he knows them, and has probably managed them. I dont think its a big a deal as people are making out! Especially when its torres, its hardly a hated enemy!
The difference being that Mourinho is professional enough to not go and put his arm round the oppositions player when he's being subed on. Seriously...would Mourinho ever have taken Chelsea to Old Trafford and, after 75 mins, have gone over to Rooney as he was getting ready to come on and put his arm round his shoulder and wished him luck? f*** no...he'd have been 100% focused on his own team.

****ing disgrace imo...I've lost all respect I had for him after that. Shows a lack of professionalism in his job, and a complete lack of respect for his employers, his players and us fans. Total and utter fraud, failure, joke...the sooner this **** ****'s off the better imo. IF he wants to get all pally with Chelseas players, then he can f*** off back to Chelsea for all I care.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

squatski wrote:couldn't find a thread, no really much need I guess? was just wondering why wayne bridge didn't shake hands with john terry anyone know why?
Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:terry shagged his bird... did you seriously not know that :lol: ?
No...Terry shagged Bridges EX MISSUS, several weeks/months after ex and Bridge had split up.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

We didn't deserve 3-0 but then we had at various points 6 strikers on the pitch and not one of them capable of scoring a goal, especially when we needed it and had decent chances when 1-0 down.
Ba, Cole, Sears, Keane, Piquionne, Obinna

I don't understand why Obinna isn't being played instead of sears. I know sears had an ok game (although he would have scored had he used his left instead of his right foot) but obinna's passing and energy when he came on had far more of an impact.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

3-0 flattered them and on another day we could have got something out of that game. How Keane didn't score is beyond me. And people slag off the manager, when we've got a bloke who's only job is to put the ball in the net, and he misses when it's there on a plate.

I still think we've got a chance. Despite being bottom, the league doesn't look that bad. I think two wins and a draw might even be enough.

As for this board, it's getting boring to read now with some of the crap that gets spouted. I used to really like the OLAS until it got to the stage where every writer was slagging off the manager/board every week. This messageboard is going the same way. It's hard to pick out good posters as they as swamped within so much crap.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

simon hammer wrote: The difference being that Mourinho is professional enough to not go and put his arm round the oppositions player when he's being subed on. Seriously...would Mourinho ever have taken Chelsea to Old Trafford and, after 75 mins, have gone over to Rooney as he was getting ready to come on and put his arm round his shoulder and wished him luck? f*** no...he'd have been 100% focused on his own team.

f***ing disgrace imo...I've lost all respect I had for him after that. Shows a lack of professionalism in his job, and a complete lack of respect for his employers, his players and us fans. Total and utter fraud, failure, joke...the sooner this c*** f***s off the better imo. IF he wants to get all pally with Chelseas players, then he can f*** off back to Chelsea for all I care.
So we all know he wished him luck do we now? Or did he say "I hope you fall on your arse you waste of £50 million?"
Limehouse

Post by Limehouse »

Great day out (apart from the result). We showed far more passion (on and off the pitch) but Chelsea had the class players to make their chances count. Keane scores and who knows? They were rocking. Great to see the 'fringe' players like Sears and Spector do the business and Gabbidon sorted Drogba (again). Oh - and that pitch was like a parks surface - but same for both sides.

The best it for me was the positive vibe we were giving a team that was clearly giving everything on the pitch. Said it all when Bobby Tambling was paraded around at half time and 3/4 of the home support didn't have a clue who he was. Yesterday showed again why we are West Ham. COYI.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

well done to everyone who went yesterday, what a show, although I was battered I dont remember hearing anything from them all game,

Superb effort well done, onto Manchester
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Chelsea's first goal:

..................................................................Green..............................................................

....................................................Da Costa...........Gabbidon...........Bridge
.......................................Sears
..................Jacobsen
Cole........................................Hitz
.......................................................Lampard

By the time Lampard struck the ball in the net, Sears was still in exactly the same position he was when the move started, Jacobsen should have been inside and Sears should have been with Cole. If you had watched Real Madrid the other night against Barca then you would have seen Di Maria almost at fullback when defending with Marcelo just inside him.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

nickkarkie wrote: If you had watched Real Madrid the other night against Barca then you would have seen Di Maria almost at fullback when defending with Marcelo just inside him.
lmfao
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

I thought we done alright and were unlucky. 3-0 was definitely flattering. Grant comes back and our performance improves.
jimjimminy

Post by jimjimminy »

hadleighhammer wrote: Grant comes back and our performance improves.
:lol:
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

Missed 80% of the match due to a wedding, and only could rely on Fotmob on the mobile. I have still not seen the goals, but let's just say that I was not surprised by the result.

Now it seems a straight fight between the B's and the W's down at the bottom. We are not yet down and out....and yes the Blackburn game now becomes the most important game of the season ...yes yet another one. The only trouble is that we all have to sit worrying about the results of the teams around us next week as I can not see us getting anything from City. The trouble is, if we still have something to play for after the City game, do the club have the balls to actually fight to the death against Blackburn, Wigan and Sunderland? We have to be honest, our record of ball showing this season is mimimal:

Semi Final of the League Cup with a 2 goal lead = Bottled it
Qtr Final of the FA Cup against a team we had murdered at the Boleyn = Bottled it.
Last Biggest Match of the Season v Villa = Bottled it.

As for the Grant picture. I could not care less if Grant was pictured on his knees sucking the whole Chelsea bench, my opinion of him could not really get any lower.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Pretty well played yesterday. Sears, Ba (who should be in the middle), Gabbs, Bridge and Spector are given golden stars in my book.
Hitz has haf some weak games now, as Jac (still fighting though) and Green is as we all now a good keeper, but yesterday too rooted at his goalline. Da Costa was not himself really, but he had cruches a few days back so.... Tomkins must still have a knock I suppose.

Grant can be Torres best friend if he wants to, I do not mind, and of course players move in the same circles outside the pitch. And see each other. But in that crucial moment of a game, having a manager not beeing focused on what's important for the team.... awful!
Why didn't all the team come up to Torres, hugged him and wished him all the best?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

hadleighhammer wrote:I thought we done alright and were unlucky. 3-0 was definitely flattering. Grant comes back and our performance improves.

so without Grant all season you think we'd be lower in the table?

oh, hang on a minute.........
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

simon hammer wrote: The difference being that Mourinho is professional enough to not go and put his arm round the oppositions player when he's being subed on. Seriously...would Mourinho ever have taken Chelsea to Old Trafford and, after 75 mins, have gone over to Rooney as he was getting ready to come on and put his arm round his shoulder and wished him luck? f*** no...he'd have been 100% focused on his own team.

f***ing disgrace imo...I've lost all respect I had for him after that. Shows a lack of professionalism in his job, and a complete lack of respect for his employers, his players and us fans. Total and utter fraud, failure, joke...the sooner this c*** f***s off the better imo. IF he wants to get all pally with Chelseas players, then he can f*** off back to Chelsea for all I care.
smuts wrote:So we all know he wished him luck do we now? Or did he say "I hope you fall on your arse you waste of £50 million?"
Totally missed the point mate. REGARDLESS of what he said, it's thoroughly unprofessional during a match to put your arm round the oppositions striker as he's about to enter the field of play. Shaking his hand and a quick "well played" AFTER the final whistle is fine...but during the match? Nah...bang out of order in my book.

And anyway...where did I say that Grant wished him luck anyway? I was using Mourinho and Rooney in a purely hypothetical situation. Feel free to interpret it anyway you wish though :wink: