Chelsea 3 West Ham Utd 0 (23/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Re: Chelsea FC v West Ham United FC Match Thread

Post by Hammer Matty »

GideaParkHammer wrote:Missed 80% of the match due to a wedding, and only could rely on Fotmob on the mobile. I have still not seen the goals, but let's just say that I was not surprised by the result.
Trust me mate, apart from the first 15 minutes, we near enough matched them for chances and probably had the better chances ourselves. To be fair the goals wern't comedy errors like we're used to however the Torres goal you just have to laugh at.

Goal 1 - Sears fails to track Cole, but how many times this season will he have to track a full back like Cole?

Goal 2 - Ball played through Gabbidons legs, Torres takes it wide and Da Costa tracks him covering the goal, only for the ball to get stuck in a puddle and leave Torres with a free shot from 8-10 yards

Goal 3 - Torres plays a pass, which I don't think was intended for Malouda but made it to him and he smashed it top corner from 20 yards
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

hadleighhammer wrote:I thought we done alright and were unlucky. 3-0 was definitely flattering. Grant comes back and our performance improves.
chalks wrote:so without Grant all season you think we'd be lower in the table?

oh, hang on a minute.........
Still Chalks look on the bright side, we have improved...

Oh, hang on.....
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

I think Avram's reaction to Torres' goal was more telling than the other pic.

DagenhamHammer

Post by DagenhamHammer »

simon hammer wrote:Totally missed the point mate. REGARDLESS of what he said, it's thoroughly unprofessional during a match to put your arm round the oppositions striker as he's about to enter the field of play. Shaking his hand and a quick "well played" AFTER the final whistle is fine...but during the match? Nah...bang out of order in my book.

And anyway...where did I say that Grant wished him luck anyway? I was using Mourinho and Rooney in a purely hypothetical situation. Feel free to interpret it anyway you wish though :wink:

I'v just got back from a Sunday league game, during the game, several incidences of players laughing and joking with each other, the manager happens to know a few of the other players in the other side and when one came on he was taking the right piss out of him...

Mean that he wants to win the game any less? No i dont think so!

There are bigger problems than that!
jimjimminy

Post by jimjimminy »

But we have improved since Zola. It was impossible not to he was that awful. The trouble with this season under Avi is we're infuriating. If you were a neutral watching that game yesterday you would have no idea how West Ham could be bottom of the league. Yet any savvy West Ham fan will know that we'll probably be gutless fannies again away to Man City. It's slow torture this season for sure. At least last season under Zola we were constantly ****.
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

simon hammer wrote:Totally missed the point mate. REGARDLESS of what he said, it's thoroughly unprofessional during a match to put your arm round the oppositions striker as he's about to enter the field of play. Shaking his hand and a quick "well played" AFTER the final whistle is fine...but during the match? Nah...bang out of order in my book.

And anyway...where did I say that Grant wished him luck anyway? I was using Mourinho and Rooney in a purely hypothetical situation. Feel free to interpret it anyway you wish though :wink:
You certainly implied it with your Rooney getting wished good luck by Mourinho.

Honestly...who gives a f***? If we were safe no-one would have said a word about it. I'm not a Grant fan by any means but people are making a mountain out of a molehill.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

GideaParkHammer wrote:I think Avram's reaction to Torres' goal was more telling than the other pic.
:lol:
smuts

Post by smuts »

Look at the one almost asleep in the bottom right corner of that pic :lol:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

smuts wrote:Look at the one almost asleep in the bottom right corner of that pic
John Terry's bird, isn't it? :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

simon hammer wrote: No...Terry shagged Bridges EX MISSUS, several weeks/months after ex and Bridge had split up.
No, Terry shagged the Mothe rof his Child..

Ex Missus & Ex Bird is irrelevent, Mother of your Child is where people lose multiple Limbs..
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Sorry, errr anyway, i thought we played alright to be honest..

We created much more than i thought we would & we were in teh Game much more longer than i thought we'd be..

The third Goal was tough to take though, for Gola Difference aswell as how the Game would look as it wasn't a 3-0 Game..

T'was all about that Robbie Keane chance & i said to my Pal if it could have fell to anyone in the Squad that chance, i would have chosen it to be him so..............

Sh*t happens & so does relegation but look on the brightside, we'll win more Games 3--0 next Year than we'll lose 3-0.. :thup:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

jimjimminy wrote:But we have improved since Zola. It was impossible not to he was that awful. The trouble with this season under Avi is we're infuriating. If you were a neutral watching that game yesterday you would have no idea how West Ham could be bottom of the league. Yet any savvy West Ham fan will know that we'll probably be gutless fannies again away to Man City. It's slow torture this season for sure. At least last season under Zola we were constantly sh*t.
Because being bottom of the table is an improvement on what?

No idea how we are bottom? well our finishing and our defending are pretty big clues don't you think?
jjwred7

Post by jjwred7 »

JUST watched the PREMIER LEAGUE REVIEW show on Fox Soccer Channel here in the USA, They were showing the highlights of the Chelsea match and then they showed Grant on the sidelines (the pic that everyone saw) when Torres was coming on (it was 1-0 at the time) and CLEARLY he has his arm around him and is JOKING with him as he is coming on!!!

UTTERLY DISGUSTING!!! Even if he was saying DONT break your duck against US, it was DISGUSTING the HUGE SMILE on his face when the game is still 1-0 and considering the man never smiles and more importantly our DIRE situation.

I actually thought it might have been a doctored photo, but CLEARLY it was NOT and in fact the actual VIDEO was worse than the pic even!!!

Totally disgusted with that man!!! Headbanger

If I didnt know better I would look at the pic and think Grant was the Chelsea' Manager!!!
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Wasnt at the game but by all accounts a decent showing by some in the C&B. Why oh why cant we show some balls every game.
But i did enjoy my visit to Laddies yesterday to collect my winnings for what for me was THE football bet of the season. Thank you Torres you ****.
Was inclined to stick a ton on us to go down too - eases the pain a little.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

jjwred7 wrote: UTTERLY DISGUSTING!!! Even if he was saying DONT break your duck against US, it was DISGUSTING the HUGE SMILE on his
Totally disgusted with that man!!!
!!!
Ridiculous overeaction........if John Lyall had done it I would neither be upset or suprised. In fact I don't give a monkeys about it.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Same here DC.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

davids cross wrote:Ridiculous overeaction........if John Lyall had done it I would neither be upset or suprised. In fact I don't give a monkeys about it.
DC - if John Lyall had done it I would have been very surprised!

There is no doubt given the circumstances that Grant was wrong to do what he did, but I agree some of the reactions have been ridiculous.
jjwred7

Post by jjwred7 »

I dont necessarily think it is an overreaction, for a couple of reasons. First of all, this is a guy who hardly EVER smiles, yet he finds it a proper time to finally lighten up by hugging and putting his arm around the opposition when we are in a serious relegation battle in a match with a hated rival at 1-0 in a match where even ONE point could be the difference between staying up and going down.

It isnt so much I object to the action, but the TIMING of the action. For me it shows his head isnt into West Ham or the Match the way it should be.

Just doesnt seem right to me considering the circumstances all around.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

jjwred7 wrote:I dont necessarily think it is an overreaction.
But it is. A ****ing massive one.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Up the Junction wrote: But it is. A f***ing massive one.
Yep but when Grant takes a job at Chelski in July and picks up weekly wage cheques from ourselves and Portsmouth as well, it will be an entirely appropriate response.

I don't think the bloke gives a flying f***.