Man City 2 West Ham Utd 1 (01/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Man City vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

the pink palermo wrote:We've struggled to shift tickets for this game for a couple of years now .I remember Romford started a thread on this one last year .The lack of transport makes the decision easy for many - bank holiday weekend , never going to be a winner in terms of turnout .
Last few Years though Pinks i can remember the 2-1 defeat Zamora was SKY on Sunday i believe, last Year was on a Monday nigth wans't it ?? I remember watching it in a Bar in SeaTac & changed a ****ing Plane cos of it..
roblo
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by roblo »

stubbsy07 wrote:All I ever hear is people praising up our support, when our home support is nothing short of comical and we have sold just 900 away to Man City in the penultimate away game of the season, when even a point could be crucial.
sjb958 wrote:I will be going Man City and Wigan thank you very much. Twat
Gordon Bennett keep your wig on.

Second bank holiday weekend on the spin, after spending a f*** load of money, kids off school/taken on holidays etc. This on top of a nightmare 4pm kick off on a Sunday afternoon bank holiday. With dreadful public transport.

Christ, anyone would think it's criminal to miss games. Some, unfortunately, are almost impossible.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

indiehammer wrote:Silva was great as ever and their main attacking supply, he doesn't like shooting much but it could be worth man marking him with Hitz or Specs.
EvilC wrote:Good job really, that shot that hit the post was superb.
It was and i didn't know he had that in his locker. Aslong as we keep them to shots outside the box, like we did at Chelsea, it can be a good day. Especially if Cole, Ba, Sears and Specs play well on the counter.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 446 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

the pink palermo wrote:We've struggled to shift tickets for this game for a couple of years now .I remember Romford started a thread on this one last year .The lack of transport makes the decision easy for many - bank holiday weekend , never going to be a winner in terms of turnout .
I'm not going. My Branch have booked train travel but the route is really bad due to engineering works. It's going to be too much hassle. Ironically, Bank Holiday Weekend is perfect for an awayday in the North's Capital - but you're screwed if you want to go by rail.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

900 is really poor, but why would you waste the money going to watch players that don't give a f***?
Not my opinion but I understand it
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

Its on sky sports too
Bobby Orangeboom

The Midfeild's down to Hitz, LBM, Kovac, Spector, Sears & maybe 20 mins from Collison it seems..

This is how they tore us to pieces at our Gaff earlier on in the Year because of the Midfield being vastly inferior..

I wonder if we should just park the Bus to try to keep the score down to below 2 to be honest, given how GD is gonna be very important..

How we do that i haven't a clue seeing's as we don't have a Left Back..

I fear the worst here, another 3-0..
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Espio »

Last reserve match of the season today and we have no midfielders... Time for Jack to step up :thup:
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

stubbsy07 wrote:All I ever hear is people praising up our support, when our home support is nothing short of comical and we have sold just 900 away to Man City in the penultimate away game of the season, when even a point could be crucial.
f*** off and support Manure then.
Singaporeiron

Post by Singaporeiron »

Leaving Parker for the final three ganmes if he's only 50-50 Id go

Green

Jacobson Tomkins Upson Gabbidon

Obina Spector Hitz LBM

Cole BA

Keane, Piq, Sears Collison, Kovac + 2 others
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 446 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:The Midfeild's down to Hitz, LBM, Kovac, Spector, Sears & maybe 20 mins from Collison it seems..

This is how they tore us to pieces at our Gaff earlier on in the Year because of the Midfield being vastly inferior..

I wonder if we should just park the Bus to try to keep the score down to below 2 to be honest, given how GD is gonna be very important..

How we do that i haven't a clue seeing's as we don't have a Left Back..

I fear the worst here, another 3-0..
Bridge isn't playing because he'd be facing his parent club?

What's happened to Noble? Is he injured? It'll be interesting to see what happens to him if you do go down. You'd bank on a Lad like that to stay and try to help get you back up at the first attempt - but he'd be a clever signing for Everton or Villa.
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

4-1-4-1 anybody?
god knows our back 4 need as much help as they can get, and im thinking spector running around in front of them could be a big help, especially to clog things up when their midfield moves forward
-------------------------green
jacobsen---tomkins---upson---gabbidon
------------------------spector
sears---parker/collison/kovac-----hitz---obinna
--------------------------ba

a point is crucial :crest:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I imagine that Parker will be selected if the results that precede our game require it.

Personally, I'd try Upson at left back. He did ok in the cup game.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3014 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Last few Years though Pinks i can remember the 2-1 defeat Zamora was SKY on Sunday i believe, last Year was on a Monday nigth wans't it ?? I remember watching it in a Bar in SeaTac & changed a f***ing Plane cos of it..
Correct on both Bob .
A shame really , especially as this year our second string will produce the best fighting , battling display for a point of the season .

I'd go

-------------------------Green---------------------------

Jacobsen----Tomkins-------Gabbs-----IUpson

Sears---Hitz----Spector-----Moncur-----LBM

--------------------------Obinna------------------------

Just run around and try and limit their goal tally
Last edited by the pink palermo on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 434 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Ilunga's not in the 25 man squad!

If we play one up front it has to be Ba for me: he's the kind of player who looks like he can get a goal from nothing.
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Upson will wait to see if Tevez is still out before declaring himself fit.

I'm sure I'm not alone in suggesting that Ba up front and centre is a complete no-brainer that the Baron for whatever reason just doesn't seem to fancy? I mean, we've even had like-for-like comparisons where he's swapped positions halfway through a game and looked massively more dangerous in the middle, yet we constantly push him out wide where he doesn't have the same threat and also weakens the defence a little. Gabbidon is in the papers complaining about the chances being created but not being put away, and yet we have our most sharp shooter being kept out by arguably our least reliable converter of chances in Barlton. Maybe Grant knows something I don't, but on the surface it doesn't make a lot of sense
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3014 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Ahhhhh

**** ! Good point !

Rethink time
roblo
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by roblo »

Ba has to play. He can create a chance out of nothing.

Drop Cole, as we have to flood the midfield.

Play Boa Morte, Sears, Spector for their energy. Struggling with injuries so Hitz will be there.

Either rush back Parker, or play a wide player (Dyer, Barrera, Faubert, some other **** ****) and play Boa tucked inside.

Keane, Obina, Pic, Cole all on the bench to throw on when we go one down, then two down, and have no other idea but to throw on attacking players.
myladswill

Post by myladswill »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote: f*** off and support Manure then.
How dare you - this man is going all the way to Manchester to watch a game of football. He is a hero, someone that we should all aspire to.
Bobby Orangeboom

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Bridge isn't playing because he'd be facing his parent club?

What's happened to Noble? Is he injured? It'll be interesting to see what happens to him if you do go down. You'd bank on a Lad like that to stay and try to help get you back up at the first attempt - but he'd be a clever signing for Everton or Villa.
I beleive so with regards to Bridge..

Noble has a suspected Hernia & may be out for the Season, if i had to bet my lif eon him staying or going in teh Summer i'd say staying..