West Ham Utd 1 Blackburn Rovers 1 (07/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: West Ham United v Blackburn: Match Thread

Post by e17 »

You're probably right Billy.. As an ongoing 'illness' it's not been short and it aint been sharp!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Tactics lacking, effort lacking, just overall ****

Thought Bridge did well done the left getting forward in the first half

If we see Ba/Cole/Keane/Piq put on the ****ing wing again I'm going to cry he keeps putting our first choice strikers on the wing

Next problem we put five strikers on the pitch but nobody to cross the ball in

I think he literally had no plan put five strikers on and that was it, Spector was lost where he was playing they was also confused.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

barlimanrob wrote:[

You presume wrong, my good man!

I honestly thought it was the money (Sullivan / Brady) who vetoed the move, I thought the football man (Gold) wanted rid.

I know there was a lot written about it at the time but I remember an 'insider' posting pretty much what I've just put. I'm afraid I can't remember who it was though........
Please don't patronise me and I cannot be bothered to answer any more of your shadowing to my posts. this is the last time I reply to you on any topic, so get your facts straight and look up the archives postings to last Januray about this. I am not, that is for you to do. I should imagine they are there somewhere. What on earth made you think it was Sullivan and Brady who still wanted him ? (Grant). Sullivan was the man who told Robbie Keane in transfer talks that Grant would no longer be with us and that is how the story about us being linked with O'Neill came to light, or have you conveniently forgotten that too ? Don't you remember Brady slagging Grant him off in her columns at the time ?
Der-Hammer

Post by Der-Hammer »

The worst I have ever seen West Ham play.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

** Blackpool have just scored. We are now all but down ** :lol:
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Piss-poor. We made it so easy for them.

Keane 3 in 3 games you toilet, we'd be better off with Ilan, Tristan, DDM, The Diamond, Dido or even BennyMac.

LBM mom for us today, standing ovation & chorus of Avram Avram you're a khunt when he was subbed. Shame some of the others didn't show half the bottle & effort he did.

Brighton, Brighton, here we come.

LUV IT!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Der-Hammer wrote:The worst I have ever seen West Ham play.
Brighton (H) 2005.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

e17 wrote:I'd still rate Roeder's relegation year & Zola's last below this one.
I wouldn't. I don't think Roeder is anywhere near as poor as Grant and, as much as last season didn't reach the heights of the Liverpool and Spurs games (LC isn't included; it costs extra), I don't think Grant has been an improvement on Zola.
Av it

Post by Av it »

Had us down for a 0-1 today. 1-1 was marginally better. I went into today's game with minimal hope or positivity. My mind has not altered, we were "down" before today. Now we are "out."
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Just got back and it was bloody rubbish.
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Please don't patronise me and I cannot be bothered to answer any more of your shadowing to my posts. this is the last time I reply to you on any topic, so get your facts straight and look up the archives postings to last Januray about this. I am not, that is for you to do. I should imagine they are there somewhere. What on earth made you think it was Sullivan and Brady who still wanted him ? (Grant). Sullivan was the man who told Robbie Keane in transfer talks that Grant would no longer be with us and that is how the story about us being linked with O'Neill came to light, or have you conveniently forgotten that too ? Don't you remember Brady slagging Grant him off in her columns at the time ?
Just trying to have a chat about things mate. There's no need to be so touchy, you're like a premenstrual old woman.

Like I said, I know what I read, the actual point is this.

We don't know what went on in the boardroom really, do we Puff?

So all your blustering assurance means precisely the sum total of nothing. Sorry to have to inform you of this.
BasingstokeIron

Post by BasingstokeIron »

who on earth would think we have performed better this season than last?

Grant is ****ing inept and should have been sacked after Liverpool away. All this 'give him time' **** is fine when we are winning the occasional game and pissing about mid table not when we are fighting for survival which we have been doing since August.Our performances bar a handful of games having been nothing short of disgraceful and my frustration has been compounded by having to watch a so called 'professional' like Upson masquerade as a captain and to see us pay the likes of Dyer etc a wage instead of ripping up their contracts and telling them to f*** off.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

**** parking before the game, **** game, **** manager, **** players, **** owners, **** traffic home, everything today was ****!

I couldn't work out in the first half what formation we were playing or who was playing were, the players looked lost. When Ba was in the middle we looked ok, then Ba was back on the wing. Green shouldn't be captain, how can a goalkeeper inspire the players, and instead of defending Da Costa when he was ranting at the ref, Green goes and has a go and Da Costa.

Have to say in credit to Blackburn, Christopher Samba was an absolute rock for them.

We won't stay up.
m-h

Post by m-h »

I thought we actually tried today with effort. LBM seemed to be getting tackles in, the first half i thought we had some kind of shape and formation in the side and a general idea as to what we were trying to do. Second half, i just don't know what that was ?. I know we scored and tried but it all just looked disjointed and stuttering, devoid of any creativity and just hoof it up top. But that seems to sum up the whole season, its almost like there is no defined way or style that we play or want to play, just a mismash of something thrown together at the last minute and thats after a full week of training as well. To be saying this after 36 games, really does leave me wondering, what if anything has been done this entire pre-season/season by the manager and first team coaches.

The expression that springs to mind is, effort without guidance is misguided effort.
Last edited by m-h on Sat May 07, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westhamerica
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Der-Hammer wrote:The worst I have ever seen West Ham play.
Haven't been watching much the last decade then.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

I have just got back from watching one of the most spineless ,inept, pathetic,gutless ****ing performances ive ever had the misfortune to watch in many a year.****ing embarrasing and ive seen some sh*t over the years, get this midfield ,spector boa ****ing morte hitz and the lightweight fred that aint even championship material. ****ing two left feet cole stick that on your twitter you c*nt and ba up front the rest aint even worth talking about.All yous going to wigan get your ****ing money back and spend it on something worthwile, your kids ,mothers the old woman,anice day out somewhere even an old brass, anything but that ****ing shower of sh*t
barlimanrob
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

:lol:

Sounds like you had a top afternoon, Steptoe old son. Lol.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

:lol: ****ing gawd elp us
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Out of interest, who was the bloke who was on the touchline in the shirt and tie? Was it Parker or one of the coaches?
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote: I don't think Grant has been an improvement on Zola.
Derrr!
Billydinho wrote:
Brighton (H) 2005.
I still think the Akinbiyi vs Ian Pearce game the season before was worse. I remember Don Hutchison looking round at the rest of the team thinking: "these guys cant play football" :lol: