West Ham Utd 1 Blackburn Rovers 1 (07/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: West Ham United v Blackburn: Match Thread

Post by hammer1975 »

Belgian Iron wrote:Mix of a a lot of players.
Up the Junction wrote: Yet the only one you didn't mention was the one culpable for losing his man, leaving Da Costa to mark two. Step forward, Mr Danny Gabbidon.
totally agree - i felt gabbidon was most responsible....miles out of position, not busting a gut to get back

what tomkins keeps doing in training for grant to drop him every other game I don't know
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

Billydinho wrote:He runs around and kicks people so some fans seem to like him.
Up the Junction wrote:Sounds like Julian Dicks.
:shock: dicksy was a great player - awesome spot kicks, great tackles, excellent passes & crosses. fantastic captain and true leader on the pitch
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

simon1982 wrote:As for Cole he has to be one of the most clueless footballers i have ever seen. If he had a brain he would be dangerous his body language is disgraceful and It was his lack of ball control and hold up play that led to their goal. He doesn't know how to run a channel, hold the ball up, open his body and turn a player.
Blackburns goal came though not from Cole giving it away but a very good crunching tackle by Boa Morte that spun away to a Blackburn player who was feebly hacked at by Hitzelsperger and was allowed to run about 3 miles unchallenged before laying their winger in. I don't see how you can blame Cole.

OUR goal came from excellent control, hold up play and an intelligent pass by Cole to Hitzelsperger. For all Ba's directness and willingness to shoot from anywhere and everywhere I thought he was worse than Cole yesterday.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Up the Junction wrote: Sounds like Julian Dicks. Not a fan of his either then, Bill?
Hardly the same. Dicks was a much better footballer and was no way seen as a creative outlet. LBM plays in the middle of the park and can't control a football. How can you play football nigh on every day of your life and not control a ball? Lower League footballers must watch Match of the Day and wonder what the f*** they have to do to play in the Premier League when people like him get a game.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I just checked; this thread is the 2nd most 'replied to' match thread in thehistory of the site.
jimjimminy

Post by jimjimminy »

The Sherriff wrote:After 32 minutes, a Blackburn player went down injured. Every West Ham player apart from Green ran to the touchline to take water on board. 5ft away stood AG saying nothing .....

A microcosm of our season and the disaster that is Grant .....

Players arent fit enough and Grant is a rabbit starring into headlights ..... he just doesnt have a clue.

You can throw on all the forwards you like but without supply its fruitless.
Yep saw that too, and was in no way shocked. It's indicative of him all season, walks to the touchline 3 times a game if he's feeling lively, says nothing, sits back down. He's ****ing embarrassing. The fact that it took right up until only yesterday for the fans to finally vent their anger at the piss taking idiot is a talking point too.
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

Denbighammer wrote:
OUR goal came from excellent control, hold up play and an intelligent pass by Cole to Hitzelsperger. For all Ba's directness and willingness to shoot from anywhere and everywhere I thought he was worse than Cole yesterday.
Didnt our goal come from a great through ball from Collison?
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

The Collector wrote:I'll think that we will probably draw, but not an easy draw.
I now predict that Osama Bin Laden will be found.
The Collector
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

Billydinho wrote:He runs around and kicks people so some fans seem to like him.
Up the Junction wrote:Sounds like Julian Dicks.

Sounds like John Moncur.
Rode one wrong

Post by Rode one wrong »

The Sherriff wrote:After 32 minutes, a Blackburn player went down injured. Every West Ham player apart from Green ran to the touchline to take water on board. 5ft away stood AG saying nothing .....

A microcosm of our season and the disaster that is Grant .....
That might have more to do with the players view of AG than AG's view about the players. But agree, either way its not a good look with only a couple of games to go.
Tarbs
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

My favourite moment of the match was in aproximately the 85th minute when Gabbidon had the ball in our own half, no Blackburn player withing in 20 yards, so he passes sideways to Spector. Now the nearest Blackburn player 25 yards away...best pass it back to Gabbidon...why not, keep possesion, thats what important here. I swear if the crowd hadn't errupted Gabbidon would have spun round and passed it back to Green.

Also, why the f*** did we continue to try long throws into the Blackburn penalty box when Samba was always going to win every ball? Why did we in training not practice short throws in anticipation of this? What the f*** were they doing to prepare for this game all week if they could even get their head around to basic fact that Samba was going to eat up every single long throw.

****ing ridiculous performance
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Tarbs wrote:My favourite moment of the match was in aproximately the 85th minute when Gabbidon had the ball in our own half, no Blackburn player withing in 20 yards, so he passes sideways to Spector. Now the nearest Blackburn player 25 yards away...best pass it back to Gabbidon...why not, keep possesion, thats what important here. I swear if the crowd hadn't errupted Gabbidon would have spun round and passed it back to Green.

Also, why the f*** did we continue to try long throws into the Blackburn penalty box when Samba was always going to win every ball? Why did we in training not practice short throws in anticipation of this? What the f*** were they doing to prepare for this game all week if they could even get their head around to basic fact that Samba was going to eat up every single long throw.

f***ing ridiculous performance
Was talking to my mate on Sunday about the lack or urgency we had a majority of the time we were 1-0 down. At one stage we had a corner and it ended up coming all the way back to Green. There was no movement or outlet for any passes to be made which is appalling. Grant had 6 days from Man City to Saturday in order to get ourselves sorted for the game. Surely he would have got a profile of some of the blackburn players including Samba. So Samba, who is probably one of the best aerial defenders in the league, should be played on his weaknesses. So that means the long ball option to a striker marked by him has to be ruled out. As soon as the line up was announced it was obvious this is what he was doing. Like the poster has said above, what the f*** was Grant doing to prepare for this?!...Why not tell the midfield to offer more in order to keep the ball on the floor?!...God knows how many time MDC lumped the ball up to Cole and Samba outmuscled/jumped him. Ridiculous tactics and is why we have been awful this season.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Denbighammer wrote:
miketheloop wrote: Didnt our goal come from a great through ball from Collison?

No, Cole held it up in the area and found Hitzelsperger arriving unmarked.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Self Preservation Society,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,COYI........
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Did anyone see the flag in the East Stand near the Bobby Moore stand? What did it say on it?
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

re Collins

I liked him but I would take Tomkins any day over him, decent in the air but gets caught out easy along the ground, suprised people think Da Costa is better than Tomkins, will be a good pairing next season I think but Tomka is the more complete player IMO
scott_the_rock

Post by scott_the_rock »

file:///F:/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5120138.JPG

misprint in the match programe