West Ham Utd 1 Blackburn Rovers 1 (07/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1307 likes

Re: West Ham United v Blackburn: Match Thread

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Out of interest, who was the bloke who was on the touchline in the shirt and tie? Was it Parker or one of the coaches?
Parker was up in a box with Upson.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

steptoe61 wrote:I have just got back from watching one of the most spineless ,inept, pathetic,gutless ****ing performances ive ever had the misfortune to watch in many a year.****ing embarrasing and ive seen some sh*t over the years, get this midfield ,spector boa ****ing morte hitz and the lightweight fred that aint even championship material. ****ing two left feet cole stick that on your twitter you c*nt and ba up front the rest aint even worth talking about.All yous going to wigan get your ****ing money back and spend it on something worthwile, your kids ,mothers the old woman,anice day out somewhere even an old brass, anything but that ****ing shower of sh*t
I couldn't agree more, that was possibly one of the worst midfield performances I have seen in all my years watching this club. And how many times did we swap players on the left wing!!!!

This team would struggle in the Championship... FACT

Shower of *****!
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Parker was up in a box with Upson.
Where did you hear that?
Last edited by Essex 'Ammer12 on Sat May 07, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

They played like they have all year no urgency, passion or pride for the badge.
But I thought the atmosphere was ok in bits today and I think that as long as we keep our support will be ok.
COYI
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

vmixture wrote:We're down. We've been down before.

Hardly the end of the world is it?

Its what we do, get relegated, come up as champs, struggle and go down again.

Maybe the odd season of doing well.

Get over it lads, even if we do stay up its much of the same next year.

You wont find me crying come the end of the season.
This.

However....

Today was a disgrace, relegation, whilst the worst feeling in the world, doesn't really bother me, as long as we go down with a bit of spirit and fight.

Today we had none of that, where was the urgency in our play apart from the last 15 minutes? It's like the team hadn't been told that today was a near must win game.

Hats off to LBM who despite all the **** he gets on here seemed to be the only player who actually got stuck in.

Going down won't be a bad thing apart from about 4 players I'll be glad to see the back of the rest, relegation gives those that want out the excuse to go.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

We're going down and we fully deserve to.
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 382 likes

Post by Phil S »

steptoe61 wrote:I have just got back from watching one of the most spineless ,inept, pathetic,gutless ****ing performances ive ever had the misfortune to watch in many a year.****ing embarrasing and ive seen some sh*t over the years, get this midfield ,spector boa ****ing morte hitz and the lightweight fred that aint even championship material. ****ing two left feet cole stick that on your twitter you c*nt and ba up front the rest aint even worth talking about.All yous going to wigan get your ****ing money back and spend it on something worthwile, your kids ,mothers the old woman,anice day out somewhere even an old brass, anything but that ****ing shower of sh*t
as a matter of interest, who would you have played in midfield today?
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

As an aside, seeing Collison back out there put a brief smile on my face. We instantly started passing and moving, Blackburn were forced to respect us more and went deeper as we were doing more than just lump it. JC was non-stop clapping and encouraging.

If we are going to come back up next year we are going to need class in the middle and if we keep him and Noble we will be tasty.
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread (I would hope so) but why why why was we hitting soooo many long balls? Samba pissed all over us. Anyone who knows anything about football would have told the team to keep it on the deck against these lot. FWIW he is a beast, if we had him instead of Upson this year we wouldn't be anywhere near the relegation area!

We needed to knock it around and take control of the game, as much as Collison looked unfit, I thought we played a lot better once he came on, he was everywhere, offering for the ball in the middle of the park constantly....we have missed him this season. I'ld be tempted to chuck him in the starting line up next week, even if he's not fully fit.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3014 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I am away and have not seen the game . However we got a point and it ain't over yet .

COYI
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

hawkins_hammer wrote:As an aside, seeing Collison back out there put a brief smile on my face. We instantly started passing and moving, Blackburn were forced to respect us more and went deeper as we were doing more than just lump it. JC was non-stop clapping and encouraging.

If we are going to come back up next year we are going to need class in the middle and if we keep him and Noble we will be tasty.
:thup: We have to keep hold of this lad, he is going to be a star, even not fully fit he looked like our best player. We have sorely missed him this season.

If we go down we need to keep Collison, Noble, Tomkins & Sears whatever the cost. This is the spine to our new team imo.
polar
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by polar »

my main memory of the game will be our four forwards in the middle of the pitch all within 10 yards of each other waiting for the ball to hoofed in their general direction. It was embarrasing to watch at times today and quite frankly we need to be out out of our misery.
daniel

Post by daniel »

the pink palermo wrote:I am away and have not seen the game . However we got a point and it ain't over yet .

COYI
:eh:
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Romford_Iron wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread (I would hope so) but why why why was we hitting soooo many long balls? Samba pissed all over us. Anyone who knows anything about football would have told the team to keep it on the deck against these lot. FWIW he is a beast, if we had him instead of Upson this year we wouldn't be anywhere near the relegation area!

Yep I mentioned it earlier - complete joke but its happened so many times this season it came as no surprise. Blame our clueless manager. Cole is terrible in the air yet we carry on lumping it up to him! Piquionne should have been played up front if we wanted to beat Samba in the air...
Last edited by Irrons on Sat May 07, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Wont comment on the performance by the team, but great to see Collison back, and the team minus a Scott Parker lacks fight.

Atmosphere generated by the fans from where I was, was much better than before, and the team cant say we wasnt behind them.

The Grant hecklers have started in the stands aswell now, did anyone else hear the boo's when the ball got near Grant, to be honest im surprised it hasnt started earlier, when we f*cked up a move, there was no shouts from Grant as to 'hey dont do that, pass it to x person or try running at player' he just stood there like he was waiting for the bus. :|
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Romford_Iron wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread (I would hope so) but why why why was we hitting soooo many long balls? Samba pissed all over us. Anyone who knows anything about football would have told the team to keep it on the deck against these lot. FWIW he is a beast, if we had him instead of Upson this year we wouldn't be anywhere near the relegation area!

We needed to knock it around and take control of the game, as much as Collison looked unfit, I thought we played a lot better once he came on, he was everywhere, offering for the ball in the middle of the park constantly....we have missed him this season. I'ld be tempted to chuck him in the starting line up next week, even if he's not fully fit.
thought it was a shame when a few boos rang out a couple of times when he passed it back to gabbs and MDC in order to keep possession...understand that people were frustrated but there were many times this season we could have done with some patient build up retaining possession
Der-Hammer

Post by Der-Hammer »

Grant is delusional, he still thinks we have the best team in the bottom half
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1307 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Parker was up in a box with Upson.
Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Where did you hear that?
I watched the game on TV. They showed him a couple of times, and Upson was sat on the row of seats behind him. Parker was talking to his kid and pointing at things. Presumably pointing out who all our rubbish players were.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

im speechless. i rationed myself to one beer in the black lion. got home tried to sleep, but burned in my mind was the repeated image of da costa strolling ten yards out from his 18 yard box, and lumping it , kind of , towards the blackburn goalie...repeat to end

Im sure that wasnt in the game plan, and it certainly isnt the west ham way. Get rid of this ****ing fraud of a manager, team and set-up.

ive been disappointed and let down by this club many times over the last 40 years, but this lot are truly not even worthy of comment, I hate the fukcing lot of them. :crest:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 756 likes
Total likes: 3479 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

steptoe61 wrote:boa ****ing morte
Best player on the park today IMO.
fmgod wrote:Thought Bridge did well done the left getting forward in the first half.
And I thought he had a shocker (bar one good first-half cross to the far post).

Kean openly admitted in the pressie that they were targeting our left side.
Hammered in Singapore wrote:Keane fluffed his lines from the type of positions he was we took on loan to score from.
I said if he scored four goals before the end of the season it could be the difference between staying up and going down. Sadly, it looks like I might be right.
Essex 'Ammer12 wrote: youngsters getting more chances...
Only if they can get in ahead of the 2012 equivalents of Jeremie Aliadiere and Wayne Quinn...
Essex 'Ammer12 wrote: Don't care about anything else, why should I care if we're playing f***ing arsenal or Barnsley? All I care about is WHU.
Hear hear.