West Ham Utd 1 Blackburn Rovers 1 (07/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: West Ham United v Blackburn: Match Thread

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Going with my Dad. His first game since the late 80's when we played (i think) Oxford. Looking forward to a day on the lash with him.

We have decent record against Blackburn at home these past few years, I'm pretty sure we'll win. 1-0.
NH Hammer

Post by NH Hammer »

2-0 for us.
1-1 vs Wigan
and a 1-0 home win vs Sunderland keeps us up.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by roblo »

Scrappy 2-1.

Wigan lose at Villa.
Blackpool lose at WHL in the tea time game.

We'll be out of the relegation zone on Saturday night, but just as the hangovers are kicking in Sunday morning, Wolves scrape a point in the noon kick off at home to West Brom. Leaving all four sides on 35 points only separated by goal difference going into the penultimate matches...
hoopsta
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by hoopsta »

Going for a nervy 2-0 hitz and ba to score

Taking the Ex to her first game :lol: anyone else travelling down from the Northampton area?
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

This is the one where we'll really see if they're up to it.

I reckon it'll be a draw (1-1) but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose it. :(

As you can tell, I'm not awfully optimistic about us staying up.

A big, big game.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Honestly think we should drop Hitz, he is too static for what we need at the moment ask him to play a thousand yard pass he can but apart from that he's not very mobile, get Spector in the middle, hussle, blood and guts and maybe knick a goal.
Lord Snuffsbury

Post by Lord Snuffsbury »

fmgod wrote:Honestly think we should drop Hitz, he is too static for what we need at the moment ask him to play a thousand yard pass he can but apart from that he's not very mobile, get Spector in the middle, hussle, blood and guts and maybe knick a goal.
Hitz has been disappointing lately, which is, in my opinion, down to Parker not being in the side. With Parker in the side, Hitz looks twice the player than he has done in the last few games. We'll see him return to form if Scotty returns to save us!
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

fmgod wrote:Honestly think we should drop Hitz, he is too static for what we need at the moment ask him to play a thousand yard pass he can but apart from that he's not very mobile, get Spector in the middle, hussle, blood and guts and maybe knick a goal.
That's a bit bonkers.
Who would you replace him with? Kovac?
Hitz will be better with Parker but he is still a quality player that we can't do without - he did set up the goal on Sunday
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He is good at playing passing but is very static, what we need currently is 100% running for everything, blood and guts, not someone who can ping a pass a thousands yards with perfection, he is quite a luxury player and in our current predictment we need 11 parkers
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

roblo wrote:Scrappy 2-1.

Wigan lose at Villa.
Blackpool lose at WHL in the tea time game.

We'll be out of the relegation zone on Saturday night, but just as the hangovers are kicking in Sunday morning, Wolves scrape a point in the noon kick off at home to West Brom. Leaving all four sides on 35 points only separated by goal difference going into the penultimate matches...
This outcome is quite likely. But more importantly this will leave Blackburn on 38 points with their next game being man utd who will stick out the big guns in what will be a must win game for them. Meaning Blackburn will go into the last match against wolves still in the relegation mix!

I'm still quite surprised that after 5 losses on the spin we can climb out of the bottom three this weekend! Infact based on the remaining fixtures most of the pundits give us a better chance then the other bottom 4 even though were 3 points adrift.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Ok if we lose this game I want to know who I can boo, the players, the manager, the ref, the board, the groundsman, OS, bubbles, or the fan next to me :|
UptonHammer

Post by UptonHammer »

Blackpool's last 3 games are man utd, filth and bolton, I can't see them getting anything out of those games, they're down for me
Wigan have Villa, us and Stoke away- I can see them maybe getting a point of us and Villa making them go down
Wolves have west brom and blackburn at home, and Sunderland away, I can see them getting at least 7 points out of those games
Blackburn have us, Man utd and wolves away, I can't see them getting anything out of those games,
Meaning Blackburn, Wigan and Blackpool are going down :raver:

Come on lads!!!!!!!!
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Am I right in saying we could well be relegated if we lose this and other results don't go our way? Or is that just paper scare mongering?
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Am I right in saying we could well be relegated if we lose this and other results don't go our way? Or is that just paper scare mongering?
If Blackpool won they'd go onto 38, Wolves 37, Wigan 38, Blackburn 41. Don't think so...but will be practically relegated. Unless we won our last two and the other 3 all lost their last two.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by James P »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Am I right in saying we could well be relegated if we lose this and other results don't go our way? Or is that just paper scare mongering?
We can't be relegated this weekend but we could be relegated before we played Wigan as others play on the Saturday.
Boleyn Bound
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 74 likes

Post by Boleyn Bound »

Not quite, but 6 points away from safety and 2 games to play wouldn't give us much hope.....
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

UptonHammer wrote: Starting XI:
----------------------Green-----------------------
Jacobsson----Tomkins----Da Costa----Gabbidon
Sears ------Spector*--------Hitz------------LBM
-------------Keane----------------Ba------------------
-
Definately agree with this starting lineup, both LBM and Spector deserve their places and to be honest will no doubt provide bottle in the midfield in case Parker isn;t fully fit and Hitz has another 'quiet' game.

This allows either Sears to go forward into a 4-3-3 or Keane to drop back into a 4-5-1. Getin their my son

Sears, Keane ,Ba (3)

Samba (1)
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

f*** it.

2-0 win to us, Parker with the first, & the Irish lad on loan from Spurs off the bench in stoppage time.

Leading to a false dawning, before it goes massively tits up at Wigan. :lol:

COYI
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

If we lose this i fear we will be relegated at Wigan which won't be fun at all with our huge following that day.
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

I'm Just praying that the Brady bunch dont turn this game into some cringeworthy Happy Clapper/Wear your scarf type carnival.
This is serious now. The fans will be up for it.