Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

screech wrote:firstly how have I treated people badly?
Secondly if you don't like me or anyone else that's your problem and no one else's people don't need to behave in a manner that's suitable to you but in a way that they see suitable to themselvesFinally if you read my post at the top of this page to steptoe you will see that what happened with me was an accident and never took part in what went on after
Accident or no accident, the World would be a much better place if people did behave like Romford suggests & not how it seems that is suitable to others which, after reading this Forum for virtually the whole of today, is generally pretty cnutish.. :thdn:
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

brownout wrote:Well said Romford.
It was the same at Boro in the cup a couple fo years ago.
Free coaches, beer and lads who don't know how to behave.
West Ham never had a reputation for trashing grounds, trains etc - our reputation was for other matters.
I won't be classed in this group thanks I have been to many away games this year and have paid full price for tickets and paid full price to independently travel to and from the grounds
I have never been arrested at football nor have I acted in any way to get me arrested at a match
The reputation you speak about I gather is for football violence, is this deemed ok as to a few people smashing a toilet up?
screech

Post by screech »

So bobby is it ok for me to get dug out for an accident?
I could have stayed quiet on the whole subject but am man enough to point out mistakes but as I have already said what happened was an accident on my behalf
Bobby Orangeboom

screech wrote:So bobby is it ok for me to get dug out for an accident?
I could have stayed quiet on the whole subject but am man enough to point out mistakes but as I have already said what happened was an accident on my behalf
Accident or not, i bet you'd still get found Guilty with your description of events.. :lol:

In my very honest opinion, you shouldn't have put your hand through the fcukign Ceiling ( & the Ba Song isn't an excuse for doign so either ) & i don't care whether you're 5'8 or 6'5, that's a really silly thing to do for lots of reasons that have been mentioned, & others that haven't..

If it was an Accident like you say, it was still a really silly thing to do..

I bet you a Tenner that Romford's bigger than you & he has never put his hand through a Ceiling Tile at an Away Ground ??
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

screech wrote: firstly how have I treated people badly?
Secondly if you don't like me or anyone else that's your problem and no one else's people don't need to behave in a manner that's suitable to you but in a way that they see suitable to themselves
Finally if you read my post at the top of this page to steptoe you will see that what happened with me was an accident and never took part in what went on after
So you can't see my problem...

I suggest you read my posts again.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

screech wrote:So bobby is it ok for me to get dug out for an accident?
So because you admitted you done it makes it ok ?

What did you think when Wall smashed up the toilets in the away end ?
screech

Post by screech »

We will have to agree to disagree then cause I'm not getting into a cyber war with someone who has a different opinion to me
What is done is done you can't change the past
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

screech wrote: I won't be classed in this group thanks I have been to many away games this year and have paid full price for tickets and paid full price to independently travel to and from the grounds
I have never been arrested at football nor have I acted in any way to get me arrested at a match
The reputation you speak about I gather is for football violence, is this deemed ok as to a few people smashing a toilet up?
Our reputation amongst most other fans is pretty respectable...the violence thing is a poor attempt as a smokescreen fella

Even when football violence was at its height....we never lowered ourselves to smashing up things like other clubs (Chelsea, Leeds etc)
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

screech wrote:We will have to agree to disagree then cause I'm not getting into a cyber war with someone who has a different opinion to me
What is done is done you can't change the past
I don't want a cyber war...i want you not to think that smashing up toilets is a laugh.

Many people on this site will be upset at your "antics"

If you did that on one of my trips...you wouldn't find it funny
screech

Post by screech »

Once again never smashed up the toilets nor thought it was funny
This is getting boring now
Also what do you mean by if it was on your trip I wouldn't find it funny?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

screech wrote:Once again never smashed up the toilets nor thought it was funny
This is getting boring now
Also what do you mean by if it was on your trip I wouldn't find it funny?
If you smashed up the toilets on one of my trips (boat, tours etc) then i think you'd find yourself in a spot of bother (or swimming in the Thames)

I have been to thousands of games and never needed to smash ceiling tiles....and when i started going it was a lot tougher than these days.

If you think that because you admitted to it means its ok...i'm afraid your mistaken
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

I wasn't saying that violence was right, but that when hooliganism was at its height from the mid 70s to mid 80s, West Ham's reputation was for fighting other firms and taking home ends, not smashing up trains or picking on innocent supporters. Not that it didn't happen occasionally, but it wasn't and still shouldn't be a West Ham way to behave.
In the same way as when we sell cheap tickets for cup matches it isn't right to abuse the supporters of lower division teams who we have no rivalry with, but this seems to happen too often too.
screech

Post by screech »

So your saying you would react with violence?
This makes you no better than the points you have made today
No one is whiter than White you have just proved that
brownout

Post by brownout »

screech wrote:So your saying you would react with violence?This makes you no better than the points you have made today
No one is whiter than White you have just proved that

Er, no I don't think I am.
screech

Post by screech »

Brown that was a post between posts that was in reply to Romfords last post
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

The way I Iook at it, is that it was a very childish thing to do, and I bet if you ask the culprits (I was in the toilet at the time and there were blokes in there 40s getting involved) I am pretty sure they would feel pretty foolish looking back on it. But in there defence I could see a need a need to vent some anger when 1000s of northerners are taking the piss after your team has just been relegated, its easy to stand back now and have a pop at the culprits but you have gotta think about the heat of the moment.

And no I wasn't a culprit.
brownout

Post by brownout »

What I did think was wrong was to allow Wigan fans unrestricted access to the pitch. It rasied tempers at our end and could have led to serious trouble. Also there was very little protection for our players as they left the pitch.
However at least it meant we could walk back to the station without meeting the mouthy little northerners who looked like they were stuck in the 1970s.
Bobby Orangeboom

BARKING IRON wrote:The way I Iook at it, is that it was a very childish thing to do, and I bet if you ask the culprits (I was in the toilet at the time and there were blokes in there 40s getting involved) I am pretty sure they would feel pretty foolish looking back on it. But in there defence I could see a need a need to vent some anger when 1000s of northerners are taking the piss after your team has just been relegated, its easy to stand back now and have a pop at the culprits but you have gotta think about the heat of the moment.
And no I wasn't a culprit.
I still wouldn't smash up a Toilet & i'd hope none of my Pals wouldn't neither..

Wouldn't there be much more sense of satisfation if, whilst on the subject of their defence, they went & smashed up some if not all of them 1,000 Notherners instead of a fcukign Toilet ?? :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

brownout wrote:What I did think was wrong was to allow Wigan fans unrestricted access to the pitch. It rasied tempers at our end and could have led to serious trouble. Also there was very little protection for our players as they left the pitch.However at least it meant we could walk back to the station without meeting the mouthy little northerners who looked like they were stuck in the 1970s.
Did you think the same when we played Cambridge on teh last day of the South Bank when we got promoted, or on teh last day of the North Bank when we drew 3-3 with Southampton ??
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Anyone heard what the deal with Jacobsen was yesterday? Don't think he was injured but didn't even make the bench