Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

By the way, did anyone else see the state of the toilets at the end? Was one of the last out and went for a piss. Completely trashed. Pissed-on insulation all over the shop, and it looked like one of the pipes had been pulled down too.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

The toilets got trashed.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

When Fulham went 2-0 up I knew our lot would manage to f*** it right up. Highlights was our great support and the Millwall plane, the low bit was watching it in work with a Millwall supporter........
Me ol china

Post by Me ol china »

Was glad i went in the end the support was different class as per usual, i thought we were lucky to be 2 up at half time & Wigan were well worth the 3 points if we are honest but i must admit i went there today thinking we were already down but when we were 2 up & Fulham went 2 up i foolishly started to believe again

Spence played well & i thought Gabbs had a good game but this just wrapped up our season in one game, we not only deserve to go down but we deserve to finish bottom

The next managerial appointment is as big a decision that has had to be made at West Ham for a very long time, i would love it to be MON but i don't think he would join us in the Championship so i would love to go for a young manager on the up in the same way we went with Pardew
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

Sad to see West Ham fighting West Ham at Euston :thdn:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

coxy wrote:Sad to see West Ham fighting West Ham at Euston :thdn:
Standard these days. Only place we ever seem together these days is in the stands at away games.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Got up at 1am to watch it live.........what a waste of f*cking time that was, same old West Ham eh.!

Well done to all of you nutters that travelled, came across loud and clear over the box, absolute legends.

Shame about most of those professional athletes though, although I'm not surprised. Wigan have battled most of the season and we have choked in the games that count. So seeing Wigan bag three second half goals came as no shock.

I'll say it now, I was a supporter of Grant but I'm glad he's finally gone. I'll also stick my neck out now and state we will not come back up at the first attempt. There are teams currently in the top of the championship that will also do a job on us unless we get our back line sorted out with some consistency.

We also lack a creative midfielder, if we can keep Ba, he'll certainly be good for at least 20 odd goals providing he gets the service.

However, I fear most of the first team will be gone come August.

Sold or out of contract:

Green
Upson
Bridge
Jacobsen
Ilunga
Parker
Hitz
Dyer
Noble
Ba
Keane
Piq
Cole
Obinna
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Just got in, can't be bothered to talk about the game

The atompshere in the Red Robin, when we strolled off a mini-bus was amazing, three hours before kick off and it was rocking and continued to do so

Then in the ground was brilliant, through he game at the end was top class

We are one of a kind, we are a credit to the club, just a shame they aren't a credit to us sometimes.
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

****!
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

just how early did some of you get into the Red Robin at? I strolled in at 1pm and it was already packed :lol:
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

The hour before the game in the concourse was the ****ing bollolx, the place was jumping! :lol:

The Wigan fans are proper pony, doing a pitch invasion even though they're still in the bottom three?!

It's a shame we couldn't do it but the season as a whole we deserve to go down. Too many leads thrown away.

Saw a fire just off the M25 on the way back, unfortunately I don't think it was the team bus.

Roll on Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Swansea, Palace, Brighton, Pompey, Saints away days next year.

'><'
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Essex bill wrote:
Saw a fire just off the M25 on the way back, unfortunately I don't think it was the team bus.
Saw that aswell, a load of hay stacks on fire near a farm, thought it summed up the season
beckton

Post by beckton »

JonG86 wrote:A season in microcosm

And why we deserved to go down and can have no complaints.

Those asking who came over at the end of the game, I saw Parker, Green, Hitz, Tomkins and Hines.

Green must have stood in his goal a good few minutes after the final whistle facing the pitch, he seemed stunned.

Hitz had to dodge a plastic bottle, whoever threw it had a Rory Delap like throw.

Fair play to Millwall, the plane flying over with the banner was the highlight of the second half.
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

Up the Junction wrote:I didn't think those c***s could make me feel any angrier - then they concede a third goal that not only f***s us but gives Wigan a f***ing lifeline.

Think a little bit of fresh air is in order...

Exactley what we did.... 2 minutes after the game ended we were strolling along the clifftops in silence (well apart from the word c*** being used every 3 seconds) before a few beers in the local....couldnt even stick up for us, just had to agree with everything that was being thrown at me :evil:
screech
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:As usual a great day out, plenty of streamers and inflatables about. Thought the hoardings getting taken apart was funny as well.
Bring on next year and more great away days
Hahaha most of the streamers were me and the inflatable hammers and big balloons
screech
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:By the way, did anyone else see the state of the toilets at the end? Was one of the last out and went for a piss. Completely trashed. Pissed-on insulation all over the shop, and it looked like one of the pipes had been pulled down too.
Sort of started that as well :oops:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Yea Why Not wrote:We'll probably lose. N'Zogbia is better than anything we have and will no doubt cause us problems

Looking at this Wigan team it just shows how sh*t we are that we are below them after 37 games
Just as I said^

He is far too good to be playing for shitty Wigan. To think we finished below this team after a full season of football is simply unbelievable
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

N'Zogbia's a good player but a real idiot, also he turned down Birmingham due to money, the bloke is just horrid and will always be moving most probably.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Essex bill wrote:The hour before the game in the concourse was the f***ing bollolx, the place was jumping! :lol:

The Wigan fans are proper pony, doing a pitch invasion even though they're still in the bottom three?!

It's a shame we couldn't do it but the season as a whole we deserve to go down. Too many leads thrown away.

Roll on Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, Swansea, Palace, Brighton, Pompey, Saints away days next year.

'><'
Twenty points from winning positions.....................
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

Watched via internet stream over here in the US and couldnt have been more proud of the fans. Absolutely brilliant today, showed the world what west ham are all about. I'm coming to study abroad at Kent next year and can't wait to be part of that. Looked and sounded incredible.

Well done fans, you are the most deserving in the world.

Big thanks to Scotty and Greeno!

Excited to see Spence, Tomkins, Sears, Collison, Noble next season in the Championship. At least we will have players to be proud of!

Onwards (Downwards) and then upwards!

IRONS :crest:

PS- having hines in at the end of the game really hurt us IMO. wouldnt mind seeing him in claret and blue in the fizzy pop, though. lacking o'neil, noble, and parker really hurt us at the end of the season. very poor build up, and us playing the long ball these last few games has been a bit laughable.