West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

PrinceH

Re: West Ham Utd v Sunderland: match thread

Post by PrinceH »

I'm happy Birmingham is out too, but scared to death that we'll get McLeish now...
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Puff Daddy wrote:How many times this season have we conceded 3 goals in a match ? Quite a lot, I know that much and if you do that and can't score at the other end, you have absolutely no chance of ever staying up in that league
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

PrinceH wrote:Awful. Of course. But Sears, Spence and Hines (why oh why did Keen choose to keep Piq??) was the only three I saw some energy from.... They did ok. Would like to see younext year. (Collison was not match fit and Hitz had something else in mind. The defence was awful.)
Disagree with that - Hines looked woeful yet again today.

I've gradually gone from a 'keep', to a 'give a one year contract and see what happens' to a 'hmmmm' to a 'if we get so much as a £450k offer for him I suggest we take it'

I'd like to keep Hitz for his free kicks alone, but he has seriously gone off the boil the past few months. If you watched that match with a myopic man, of the three blonde midfielders we played today he'd definitely think Hitz was the worst of them.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Don't understand this all about playing people who want to be here..Understand Bridge we have had a nightmare at left back...

Why oh why bring on Obinna...

Piq was absolutely shocking (again....) Ba, abdominal, Cole, neck...bolleaux..Parker Achilles more than likely the more painful...shows up..

Anyone who wants Keen...take two steps backwards...
scousehammerette

Post by scousehammerette »

Did Greeno and Parker get a good send off after it ended, anyone know? Or did the whole lot get booed to hell and back?
Last edited by scousehammerette on Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

smuts wrote:Sack everyone tomorrow apart from Carr.

Clear it out from top to bottom and get people in with fresh ideas and some b***ocks.
That would need new owners too...
m-h

Post by m-h »

West Ham caretaker boss Kevin Keen: "The 3-0 scoreline might not enhance my chances of getting the job full-time but it hasn't dampened my desire for it. The young players at this club can take the club forward and we have a bright future. Things didn't go for us today, a little bit like out season. The scoreline flattered Sunderland but they deserved the win."

With all due respect, it was nothing different from our entire season, and it wasn't/isn't good enough.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

miami-hammer wrote:West Ham caretaker boss Kevin Keen: "The 3-0 scoreline might not enhance my chances of getting the job full-time but it hasn't dampened my desire for it. The young players at this club can take the club forward and we have a bright future. Things didn't go for us today, a little bit like out season. The scoreline flattered Sunderland but they deserved the win."
beg to differ Keen. If things don't seriously change this club is going nowhere but down.
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

just got in from the game, if thats what it was. absolute gash from start to finish, spineless gutless, clueless. cant believe alot of fans were staying behind! why. the board didnt get it in the neck, neither did the players. fans seemed happy enough over there today. you can be sure i wasnt going to give the rats leaving our sinking ship a goodbye. cole not there ba injured ha ha ha. i wont be popular on here but i couldnt give a toss about parker now, his off when the chips are down, bye bye. me personaly thinks that the likes of martin, bonds, brooking, devo and many others are true west ham legends, they were west ham through thick and thin, footballers today just dont have thier class.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Anyone see that pug-nosed gimp Bruce wildly celebrating the third goal with a big windmill arm spin? He really doesn't like us does he? :lol:
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Oh well, Chelsea losing to 10-man Everton means we'll be having Mr.Ancelotti next year. Right?
Nolovelost

Post by Nolovelost »

And like my dreams...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

and as somebody said at kick off time after looking at our line up today ~ That team would struggle in the Championship too and I make them right about that
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

smuts wrote:Sack everyone tomorrow apart from Carr.

Clear it out from top to bottom and get people in with fresh ideas and some b***ocks.
'64 '75 '80 wrote:That would need new owners too...

That would be a good thing
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Aceface wrote:Anyone see that pug-nosed gimp Bruce wildly celebrating the third goal with a big windmill arm spin? He really doesn't like us does he? :lol:
nope, we should have bowed down and let them win the title obviously. Fat ****
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Aceface wrote:
I'd like to keep Hitz for his free kicks alone, but he has seriously gone off the boil the past few months. If you watched that match with a myopic man, of the three blonde midfielders we played today he'd definitely think Hitz was the worst of them.
Hitz is a good player but nothing special.

I'll miss Jonny Spex more.... :(
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

But they saved us from administration..But they saved us, without them we would have had a points deduction and be in the Fizzy Pop next year...

Oh wait.................................................................
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

Parker and Green got a good send off, bit of an anti climax at the final whistle no lap of dishonour no pitch invasions.
Second half atmosphere was brilliant congas from the East Stand and TBL and all 4 stands singing. Also stewards are jobsworth letting down beach balls.
Keep the faith boys
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

Is Kevin Keen taking the piss? The score didn't flatter Sunderland, but our lack of performaqnce did.

He said they trained like it was their Cup Final. Presumably he meant the FA vase, because performances like that would see us relegated again next season.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Hammer83 wrote: That would be a good thing
It'd be bloody brilliant. But who will want it? Look how hard it was last time and who we ended up with...