West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Sunderland: match thread

Post by upton girlie »

Asamoah Gyan left the Boleyn after the match and went straight into the cab office in Castle street. He then got absolutely mobbed by tons of kids until a little Fiesta turned up to cart him away... :lol:
smfc

Post by smfc »

Up the Junction wrote:"I love the club. I played for the club for nine years, I've come back and I've coached the club for nine years. It's in my blood; I feel I can really take the club on and contribute. I feel it's time for me to go on and be a manager, possibly. I can coach players well; if you ask any of the players about respect and if they would like me to take the job I think you'd get a big affirmative from the majority of the players."

Kevin Keen's post match press conference, in full: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A cross between one of Grants press conferences and a supporter who won a competition to manage West Ham for the day. Dear god please don't let this guy be anywhere near our club next season, in any capacity.
Rode one wrong

Post by Rode one wrong »

smfc wrote:A cross between one of Grants press conferences and a supporter who won a competition to manage West Ham for the day. Dear god please don't let this guy be anywhere near our club next season, in any capacity.
"That's all hypothetical, all for the future - let's wait and see. I hope to be given the opportunity, if I don't let's see who comes in and let's see what happens. If Barcelona or Real Madrid want me to be their manager maybe I'll have to consider it... But as I say, with my record of zero wins in two, i don't think that's going to happen."

I'm sure he's a thoroughly lovely chap but he does seem to have a whiff of the Roeder about him. Proven non-track record who bigs himself up for the job. Of course our previous owners didn't fall for it last time so sure our current ones won't this time.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

great pics, hammersgirl7573 ! :thup:
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

Did anyone see Steve Bruce give it some after the final whistle? He hates us so much :lol:
joyful

Post by joyful »

Did anyone see Steve Bruce give it some after the final whistle? He hates us so much
I don't doubt that -- thought he was going to keel over on the touchline he was so pumped up. But in fairness this gave them an unexpected top half finish which may well trigger bonuses etc. The only result that could have done that was a draw at Newcastle vs West Brom so perhaps he was just happy.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Bruce was asked if he hated West Ham in the post-match presser. Laughed it off, said the Ludo game was 'nearly 25 years ago'.

I also think he was fibbing...
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

joyful wrote: I don't doubt that -- thought he was going to keel over on the touchline he was so pumped up. But in fairness this gave them an unexpected top half finish which may well trigger bonuses etc. The only result that could have done that was a draw at Newcastle vs West Brom so perhaps he was just happy.
The Baggies equaliser also meant that Sunderland finished above Newcastle

I couldn't help thinking the massive windmill Bruce did was as a response to that piece of news.
If it was purely as a result of beating us, he really is a bitter and twisted man!
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Green is an absolute legend in my eyes, sad to see him leave. I remember blackpool away this season when the blackpool fans behind his goal were slating him… a couple of minutes later we start chanting greeno after a good save, he acknowledges us and puts 3-1 up to the blackpool fans who start going mental.
sinic

Post by sinic »

Coops wrote:
Me too. I see a lot of posts by people thinking we will bounce straight back either next season or the season after, I just don't share their optimism. I really hope the board don't share this optimism either and that they don't make the same mistake as last summer by not selecting the right manager and not investing in the team. Sunderland are sh*t but we made them look good, we were by far the worst side in the Prem this season and we are about to lose some of our better players.
To be fair Sunderland aren't ****. They've got something like 11 injuries and had their whole striker force injured for months. I don't think Bent leaving helped either.

Sunderland looked good.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

"I don't really want to comment on West Ham at all. I don't think it's my right to. They're a big football club with a huge, passionate support. A few are not very nice at times, I have to say, but they're a great club and I wish them well..."

Steve Bruce post-match presser, in full: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Up the Junction wrote:"I don't really want to comment on West Ham at all. I don't think it's my right to. They're a big football club with a huge, passionate support. A few are not very nice at times, I have to say, but they're a great club and I wish them well..."

Steve Bruce post-match presser, in full: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
everyone is a gem in the sunderland crowd i'm sure. dickhead
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Dyl wrote:dickhead
Me or Bruce..?

Actually, don't answer that...
Dyl