West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Coops
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 588 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Sunderland: match thread

Post by Coops »

JerseyHammer wrote:I´m more worried about staying the in Championship (i.e. not getting relegated again)
Me too. I see a lot of posts by people thinking we will bounce straight back either next season or the season after, I just don't share their optimism. I really hope the board don't share this optimism either and that they don't make the same mistake as last summer by not selecting the right manager and not investing in the team. Sunderland are **** but we made them look good, we were by far the worst side in the Prem this season and we are about to lose some of our better players.
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by Aceface »

I reckon things today went as well as they should for us in the circumstances. I don't want a nice finish to this season - we want it to be as raw as possible so everyone concerned in fixing it knows just how much work there is to do.

On top of that, Blackburn and Wolves stayed up - Venky's would bankroll Rovers way back to the prem, and Wolves' side would barely change if they went down, so we're better off with neither of them competing for promotion. And by the sound of it, Brum and Blackpool will both be playing Europa league games next season which isn't going to help them one bit
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

miami-hammer wrote:West Ham caretaker boss Kevin Keen: "The 3-0 scoreline might not enhance my chances of getting the job full-time but it hasn't dampened my desire for it.
Great player for us, & probably a good coach, or something, but that kind of sums up his decision making with those subs today. All "me me me". That was as depressing as I've seen all season.

Didn't need someone trying to pass a job application today, we needed a team that would thank the poor ****ers who paid to watch THAT ****.

Felt like a horrible hangover of the Grant reign, the players, asides from Sears & Spence, looked like they were completely lost as to what the f*** was gonna happen next.

Totally changed my earlier opinion, to be honest, in that it was so horrible, I actually do not think Carr would be sensible as an option now, either. Romantic? Aye. But ****ing hell, Keen's selection choices and lack of tactics has actually made me re-think Sam ****ing Allarcyce.
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

Piq plays like he's on Mogadon and has done all season, he is everything we don't need in the Championship.
D C
Has liked: 1120 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by D C »

miami-hammer wrote:West Ham caretaker boss Kevin Keen: "The 3-0 scoreline might not enhance my chances of getting the job full-time but it hasn't dampened my desire for it. The young players at this club can take the club forward and we have a bright future. Things didn't go for us today, a little bit like out season. The scoreline flattered Sunderland but they deserved the win."

With all due respect, it was nothing different from our entire season, and it wasn't/isn't good enough.
Give him the head of PR role.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Coops wrote: Me too. I see a lot of posts by people thinking we will bounce straight back either next season or the season after, I just don't share their optimism. I really hope the board don't share this optimism either and that they don't make the same mistake as last summer by not selecting the right manager and not investing in the team. Sunderland are sh*t but we made them look good, we were by far the worst side in the Prem this season and we are about to lose some of our better players.
Exactly. And with the way this club is now run, we´re hardly an attractive option for any players with the required skill needed to get us back. I suspect this is just my depressive state after that game at the end of the worst possible outcome to a season.

Even worse, Wigan didn´t drop.
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

happydaystoytown wrote:Piq plays like he's on Mogadon and has done all season, he is everything we don't need in the Championship.
Most of the team's played like it's been on a 5am come down on MDMA all season!
geordieirons

Post by geordieirons »

we were a blight on the premiership this season. parker was the obvious exception
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

im glad its over, that was so painful today and all season. im very concerned for next season and what may happen. we have no right to come straight back up as some people seem to think. its going to be along season next time out. todays game was awful and im glad i didnt stay behind too clap anyone of them, unlike others.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Was interesting to see Hitz given the Captaincy over Green. So staying or shop window due to there is no relegation out clause in his contract ?. Anybody know if Noble was at the ground today. Any players go over and thank the support. Just interested like.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

From O/S:

"The players gather with Keen in the centre circle and applaud the home fans for their support this season. Collison, Sears, Parker, Boa Morte, Spence, Green and Gabbidon then head off for an impromptu lap to thank the supporters in all four stands."

So we can gather from this that they will be staying, staying, offski, staying, staying, offski and offski respectively?
Kevin Lock

Post by Kevin Lock »

"Most of the team's played like it's been on a 5am come down on MDMA all season!"

That is so right. Esp. When Hitzlsperger took the first corner today. He was flapping his hands at the BML like he was well high.
Tonythehammer

Post by Tonythehammer »

All this about not playing Tombides - was he actually in the 25 man premier league squad? Its not as if he was needed in January after signing Keane and Ba, so I would be surprised if he was even elegible to play. Which would explain why he didn't come today.

Just a thought.

also - what a load of crap. We deserved relegation
morrisey is a hammer

Kevin Lock wrote:"Most of the team's played like it's been on a 5am come down on MDMA all season!"

That is so right. Esp. When Hitzlsperger took the first corner today. He was flapping his hands at the BML like he was well high.
:lol: i thought he was trying to hail a taxi out of there.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Tonythehammer wrote:All this about not playing Tombides - was he actually in the 25 man premier league squad? Its not as if he was needed in January after signing Keane and Ba, so I would be surprised if he was even elegible to play. Which would explain why he didn't come today.

Just a thought.

also - what a load of crap. We deserved relegation
Doesn't matter - can have unlimited kids in addition to the 25
somerbymoore

Post by somerbymoore »

So AG got one thing right, we did only need 7 points from the last three games. Ah well onwards and upwards
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

its the best thing that could happen to us, the result today.

maybe the board will wake up and actually see the mess we are in ......33 points....an utter abysmal disgrace, lost 7 out of last 8

4 of first 5 ..............14 times we've conceeded 3 or more in a game ....you dont need the opta stats to see where we've gone wrong,

stick to the dildos, your out of your depth
morrisey is a hammer

so does anybody know why cole was awol?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1960 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Think he's 17 and any player under 21 during a specific date can play at any time and doesn't need to be registered.

Doubt Spence was ever registered but he's played twice...Sears too....Of course Karren didn't know and was worried about him no being able to play...
scousehammerette

Post by scousehammerette »

morrisey is a hammer wrote:so does anybody know why cole was awol?
Neck injury apparently.