West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Re: West Ham v Sunderland

Post by Het-Field »

Give the forgotten men of Upton Park a chance.

Lets see what Barrera can do against a team which has been in defensive free-fall for a number of months.

Give a send off to Parker, Ba and Green. All three deserve a hero's send off. Although I have been critical of the man, I would also use the occasion to wish Carlton Cole well. He was a useful striker for us during a very difficult period of upheavel in the club.

The rest of our journeymen, and money men can take a running jump. I dont care about any nostalgic feelings they have.

I really dont care about the result. We are guaranteed relegation, and guarantee bottom spot. I would rather use my win on Leinster in the European Cup final on Saturday.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: Sunderland Match Thread

Post by ageing hammer »

Giddy Up Park :thup:
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

I can´t imagine what the lap of ´honour´ is going to be like
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Trap1 wrote:Should be a squad of youngsters.
Agreed but no point in booing them they are not to blame,it's the senior players ( bar a few) who deserve the booing and Grant but they will not be there so we should party and raise the roof to encourage our new team in advance for next season. :think:
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Would like to show my respect for a few of the players (Parker, Green, maybe Ba).at the Sunderland game and my complete contempt for most of them? But can't quite figure out how to manage to do both.

Boo everybody who touches the ball except them? Probably don't have the energy to keep it up for 90 minutes. :?

Any better ideas?
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

GreenIron wrote:Would like to show my respect for a few of the players (Parker, Green, maybe Ba).at the Sunderland game and my complete contempt for most of them? But can't quite figure out how to manage to do both.

Boo everybody who touches the ball except them? Probably don't have the energy to keep it up for 90 minutes. :?

Any better ideas?
Nah just treat it like a pre season friendly or kill them with sarcasm
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I bet there will be a few players with "niggles" this week who won't set foot in the ground again.
Maefteda

Post by Maefteda »

If we play with a side combined of players we'd like to thank + players who will be our spine next season. How could you boo them?

West Ham need us, hell, we are West Ham, and booing will only make matters worse. Gullivan and Brady should already know that we blame them for being in this pile of ****, why bring us down even more by booing? I for one thought the praises of our support meant something. Luckily its not the boo boys in here who attend football matches.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

GideaParkHammer wrote:Sorry guys, why are you posting f***ing team lists. I personally could not give a flying f*** who plays Sunday. I will be turning up with a minute to go before the game and leaving a minute after the final whistle. Apart from a few exceptions, the whole squad have been a collection of inept, gutless, talentless arsehats. I am going because I am West Ham, and going because I am going to have a party for the last game....the team are irrelevant.

Same here GPH, might be so pissed before the game that i might fall up the steps again.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

----------------Green-------------
Lars----Upson----MDC----Gabbidon
Dyer----Kovac----Obinna
Keane---Cole----McCarthy

:crest:

I'd love to give them a send off.
mascherano

Post by mascherano »

i'm a season ticket holder who hasnt missed a game in 8 years but im gonna give next sunday a miss, i really cant be ****ed to watch that bunch of thundertcunts again this season
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I'm really up for this game.
GideaParkHammer

I would love a, pissed up or sober, 90 solid minutes of "We Are West Ham's Claret and Blue Army"...and then at the final whistle, not a sound, not a boo, just everyone walking silently out of the ground.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Green

Spence
Da Costa
Tomkins
Bridge

Collison
Hitz
Parker

Sears
Ba
Cole

Don't really like playing Ba and Cole together and although Cole ****ed up today, he still cares about West Ham from what I can tell so I'd like to see him play his last game for us. As for the others, there is no one in the team I would consider a **** e.g keane, upson, mcarthy ect.
GideaParkHammer

stu1 wrote:Green

Spence
Da Costa
Tomkins
Bridge

Collison
Hitz
Parker

Sears
Ba
Cole

Don't really like playing Ba and Cole together and although Cole f***ed up today, he still cares about West Ham from what I can tell so I'd like to see him play his last game for us. As for the others, there is no one in the team I would consider a c*** e.g keane, upson, mcarthy ect.
Headbanger
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

I think the atmosphere next week will depend on what the owners say ,if they come out with the wrong things then the crowd will turn on them.
Also the announcement of next season ticket prices will either inflame or damper the anger towards them.
There will be a lot of known resntment towards certain players and once again they will be told not to come to the game or made to play and hung out to dry.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Seeing as Kevin Keen hasn't been part and parcel of Chelsea - does that mean we can actually just play 4-4-2?
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

2 teams with nothing to play for. Cat A prices. What a Joke. We should all be given our frikkin money back.

Me and my mates will all end up in Brick Lane sh1tfaced. Booked Monday off work.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Have never cared less about a game. Little more than an inconvenience before the reform.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Los Martillos wrote:2 teams with nothing to play for. Cat A prices. What a Joke. We should all be given our frikkin money back.
Honestly, I find that more offensive than anything else G&S have done. Thought at the time it was announced it was disgustingly opportunistic, and would probably end like this. £62 to see this game? Yeah, f*** that. They should offer a chance to return your tickets, seriously. I think 85% of non-ST-holders would give them back. Nobody should have to pay some of the highest prices in world football for what they're going to see on Sunday. :thdn: