West Ham Utd 0 Sunderland 3 (22/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

Re: West Ham Utd v Sunderland: match thread

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

fmgod wrote: Hines - Wouldn't look out of place in League one
Bear in mind he was out for ages and put straight in at the deep end. Get a pre-season behind him and drop a league and he'll be useful. We've seen enough good from him to know he can offer something going forward.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Bear in mind he was out for ages and put straight in at the deep end. Get a pre-season behind him and drop a league and he'll be useful. We've seen enough good from him to know he can offer something going forward.
Good, when has he been good? He is just not good enough, we need to face the facts, he is not good enough, if we start with him upfront in the Championship I'll bet we bottom half.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

fmgod wrote:[
Good, when has he been good?
He absolutely destroyed Villa and Liverpool last season.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

bubbles1966 wrote: He absolutely destroyed Villa and Liverpool last season.
Faubert was amazing against Everton and has more better games than Hines, can we keep him
Two good performances in how many, even in the cup against lower league opposition he looked crap, he's not good enough
Scaloni Is The Messiah

fmgod wrote: Good, when has he been good? He is just not good enough, we need to face the facts, he is not good enough, if we start with him upfront in the Championship I'll bet we bottom half.
Before his injury.

People are so, so quick to forget on this site. It's ridiculous. Three or four poor games, on the back of an injury, and it's 'f*** him off he's useless'. :thdn:

Ashton, Gabbidon, Bellamy, Noble... list goes on and on. And then as soon as they're out the door, they're 'exactly what we need'. Value what you've got. The grass isn't always greener. He's a young player who's put in some good performances for us over the past two or three years. A lot of calls to cut off our nose to spite our face this afternoon. We need to keep hold of players like Hines and let them develop. Maybe he'll never be a top player, but I'm sure he'll be at the very least a Championship-quality player if he can stay fit, and we are now a Championship club.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

fmgod wrote:[
Two good performances in how many, even in the cup against lower league opposition he looked crap, he's not good enough
Some dopey ****wit asked when he was good......
romfordneil
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by romfordneil »

I've never rated Hines, if we are relying on him to get us back up, we'll be in for a long stay in the Championship.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

He's not even a Championship player currently, he is technically crap, relies on pace, shouldn't be anywhere near our first team, maybe on loan but no where near the starting eleven.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

romfordneil wrote:I've never rated Hines, if we are relying on him to get us back up, we'll be in for a long stay in the Championship.
We'll have at the very least 48 games next season, probably more than 50. We'll need a reasonably large squad.
Jofwhufc

Post by Jofwhufc »

In my opinion the fact that Keen brought on Obinna instead of Tombides shows he perhaps doesn't have the strength to lead the club - instead of throwing on a hungry youngster in a game that means nothing he throws on the more experienced player who without a doubt has no future at the club.

Was really hoping that we would use this as a chance to put a side together who mainly will be at the club next year and almost use it as a practice match. How wrong I was!
All on their sunbed's already I think...

Piq was not interested in the slightest he needs to go.
Boa tries hard but is still frustrating at times
Collison will be important to us next year, I'm hoping Sears will be too. Hines concerns me - not sure he is champ or prem standard.

I think seeing who sayed and applauded the fans speaks volumes. Parker, Green and Gabbidon although probably leaving feel something for the club and wanted to say thanks. The younger players showed thanks too, the likes of Bridge, Obinna etc was no suprise!

We need a strong manager to take us forward and some experienced pros to build around what we have.

Thanks for your service Green and Supper Scotty! :crest:
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

to be fair to bridge and Obinna they got booed at points can hardly imagine they were buzzing to clap us
NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

It was good to see that they couldn't even raise their game for a truly insignificant match. All this talk of who we should keep, who will do a good job in the Championship etc just tickles me. Get rid of the ****ing lot and start again. Can't wait to see the back of mediocrity like LBM, Spector et al.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

NE hammer wrote:It was good to see that they couldn't even raise their game for a truly insignificant match. All this talk of who we should keep, who will do a good job in the Championship etc just tickles me. Get rid of the f***ing lot and start again. Can't wait to see the back of mediocrity like LBM, Spector et al.
And replace with who? Players like that are essential in the Championship. Both will be big players for us next year if they stay.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

quote]

And replace with who? Players like that are essential in the Championship. Both will be big players for us next year if they stay.[/quote]

Sorry SITM but I can't see it myself, LBM is way way past his best and I'm struggling to think when he last made a worthwhile contribution in a game, I don't think anything will change as a result of stepping down a league. I look at Spector and sometimes wonder how this bloke ever made it as a professional. In terms of replacements I guess that largely hinges on who we can offload, will certainly be an interesting summer.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

"See you next season in the prem Scott"..................
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

amazing shot UG :crest:
Hammer_Chicadee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Hammer_Chicadee »

Great picture, UG :thup:
scousehammerette

Post by scousehammerette »

upton girlie wrote:Image
Think I'm gonna kidnap Green for my own evil purposes.

D'ya think my fella will notice if I quietly keep Greeno in our basement?
Hammer_Chicadee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Hammer_Chicadee »

scousehammerette wrote: Think I'm gonna kidnap Green for my own evil purposes.

D'ya think my fella will notice if I quietly keep Greeno in our basement?
I'm afraid I already have him drugged and tied up in the boot of my car...