Doncaster Rovers 0 West Ham United 1 (13/08/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Re: Doncaster Rovers vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by the oldham stripper »

[quote="cockney hammer"]Good man! How about a babe a goal throughout the season? (if it's a win of course)

quote ch sounds good

quote ch: and can they all have big tits please ch :wink:
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

hammerdivone wrote:1 shot on target, 1-0 win, 3 points - I'm happy with that
The West Ham way - Alive & well

(Kidding. Totally agree with you)
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

DICAN10 wrote:ye do numb nuts because he and everyone at the club said we need to hit the ground running... that running is a f***ing walk atm. which is why i said we need to improve. the only reason people are so happy is because of other events today... if we were the only game on today and that was the performance everyone on here would be saying what i'm saying.
So because people have pulled you on yor view you've called them a plant pot and dumb nuts, can't wait for my name :lol:

We won, most of us are happy we will improve, get over it
Cookedskunk

Post by Cookedskunk »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:PM Hammer and get a few of his links

:wink:
Man, you really wanted it! :lolz:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1237 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by last.caress »

I'm well pleased. Don't know how anyone can be miserable, tbh. This division is like that: got mugged last week despite being the superior side, struggled this week but took the points. And "winning" is a mentality as much as it is a result, and it's a mentality we don't possess, just yet. When was the last away win? Of COURSE the first win or two (or three, or four) are going to be a bit nervy; we've forgotten how NOT to collapse, and everyone wants our scalp, now. We don't need to "hit the ground running", we have to learn how to run, all over again. And THAT begins by learning how to walk; by scraping past a "galliant"(!) Doncaster Rovers, 0-1.

:crest:
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

This will be the first of many 1-0 wins this season,and to be honest I am just glad to feel good after 5pm on a Saturday instead of wanting to explode with rage.Well done BFS and Nolan lets kick on from here :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1293 likes

Post by davids cross »

last.caress wrote:I'm well pleased. Don't know how anyone can be miserable, tbh. This division is like that: got mugged last week despite being the superior side, struggled this week but took the points. And "winning" is a mentality as much as it is a result, and it's a mentality we don't possess, just yet. When was the last away win? Of COURSE the first win or two (or three, or four) are going to be a bit nervy; we've forgotten how NOT to collapse, and everyone wants our scalp, now. We don't need to "hit the ground running", we have to learn how to run, all over again. And THAT begins by learning how to walk; by scraping past a "galliant"(!) Doncaster Rovers, 0-1.
Was gonna make every single point mentioned here, now I don't have to bother.... 8-)

Allardyce wants a winning mentality. You can't truly have it until you start to win games. At this moment it doesn't matter how they come.
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

After listening to the game on the radio and following the match thread I have decided that most of you are mental.
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

This will be the first of many 1-0 wins this season,and to be honest I am just glad to feel good after 5pm on a Saturday instead of wanting to explode with rage.Well done BFS and Nolan lets kick on from here :thup:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Hammer83 wrote:This will be the first of many 1-0 wins this season,and to be honest I am just glad to feel good after 5pm on a Saturday instead of wanting to explode with rage.Well done BFS and Nolan lets kick on from here
i think you may have mentioned this before :lol:
Oldun
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

I said quite a whIle ago, i think it was talking about BFS appointment that most dont really care about the performance as long as you win, i stand by that statement.
I have not celebrated a win since 5th March which is 10 games ago so tonight i am very happy, i have not seen the action, nor did i listen to the radio commentry, so i cant comment on the performance, all i can comment on is a 1-0 WIN.
mental hamster666
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

Nice finish by Nolan. :thup:
jevs
Has liked: 482 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by jevs »

Saw Donny v Brighton last week and Donny were no mugs...certainly a well organised side.

Thought a 1-0 win today was a top result...these really are the games we have to win.

Well done lads, onwards and upwards

:crest:
m-h

Post by m-h »

From the first two matches, i can see the 5 man subs rule having a big effect on results. The commentators
today made some valid points, its bad for teams like us as excludes youngsters getting on the bench, but good
for teams like Donny as help keep the costs down and bonuses to players etc. It could make the league
very tight this year amongst the top half of table teams. If you behind in game, then would want the ability of
having forwards or attacking midfielders on the bench. If you in the lead, perhaps takes away from the ability
for that extra defender or defensive midfielder.

Will be interesting to see who will be the first to roll the dice and leave a keeper out of the squad. Are you
allowed to do that ?.
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

Agreed about Nolan, that is him all over!

Clean sheet, away win, no goal scorer yet but a win is a win!

COYI
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

The 5 sub rule is a farce. If teams can't afford to pay players bonuses for being on the bench, then don't give them contracts that say they will in the first place. Also if we had the 7 sub rule, there is no penalty for only putting 5 on the bench if that is all a team can afford.

I would go without a keeper every time, (tempting fate now) when was the last time Green did not finish a game?
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

DICAN10 wrote:he jumped the turnstiles in a rush so the police shot him
That was Dennis... or maybe it was his brother, I forget.

One of The Menaces
m-h

Post by m-h »

hammerdivone wrote:The 5 sub rule is a farce. If teams can't afford to pay players bonuses for being on the bench, then don't give them contracts that say they will in the first place. Also if we had the 7 sub rule, there is no penalty for only putting 5 on the bench if that is all a team can afford.

I would go without a keeper every time, (tempting fate now) when was the last time Green did not finish a game?
Thats what i mean HD, we perhaps could have used a change up in midfield today. Both Jnr and Sears are not exactly
reknown for their tackling ability and the only other option on the bench was Faye. Keeping players fit this season will be crucial.
Also expect Managers to be more cautious in there substitutions and waiting longer in the match as possible. Terrible rule if
you ask me. Would Montano have gone on loan if it wan't in effect ?.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by sutts07 »

miami-hammer wrote:
Will be interesting to see who will be the first to roll the dice and leave a keeper out of the squad. Are you
allowed to do that ?.
Someone did last Saturday, can't remember who, it was a on Saturday an was mentioned on SSN
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Just seen the goal. Lovely cross from Collison :thup: