Watford 0 West Ham Utd 4 (16/08/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Gioseppe

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Gioseppe »

Can I see the goals online? It's not so easy to find them in this division. :(
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Re: Did anyone else see/notice

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

That b*stard parker , he even scored a goal when he could have passed to teammate.

Always looking after no 1 , probably buying a flat in Tottenham/Highbury/Stoke as we speak. Headbanger
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Nobody admires or supports Scotty more than me but after the first goal all of the team were mobbing Tomkins in the corner and Scotty was running back near the centre circle. It did look a bit strange tbh.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

So nobody else who was there noticed the 20 minutes in the first half where balls were being lumped up to Carlton or the passes being deliberately knocked down the line in the second half to win a throw in ?

Our passing around the edge of Watfords box was excellent when we got the ball that close to their goal , but at times our method of getting it there left a little to be desired .

I'm afraid despite the scoreline , I would say our perfromance was no more as a team than 6/10 .

We can, and will be, much better in the months ahead . We will certainly need to be .
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Cant grumble ,twas a good win.
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

read in to it what you will but many of a player haven't celebrated goals. the way people are making him out on here recently makes you think he'd gone on strike and refused to play. he's showed us the respect we deserve as fans by just getting on with the task in hand after that dismal last season now can we please cut the crap and start showing him the respect he deserves for the effort he has given and continues to give us.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Post by smuts »

davids cross wrote: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Quality!
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Hayden wrote:WHUTV... The first for highlights... After they've been looped on SSN and BBC News for 12 hours that is
I'm getting rid of it if the Highlights for last night are as poor as the last two games, pretty shocking how long it is taking too.. it's almost as if they wait for the bbc footage, download it and upload it to WHUTV :lol:
i signed up thinking extended Highlights might mean extended, almost like football first.. can't see why they don't offer that!
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Post by smuts »

Two away wins on the spin is good in anyones book...........rack up a home win against Dirty Leeds and we will be flying.

Hopefully Tomkins won't be out for too long.....the one thing we don't need is the injuries racking up.

With regards to Parker.....I'm sure he will be off before the 31st and will get his move.....to be honest, he probably thought that at least 6 prem teams would have been in for him before the season started.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

the pink palermo wrote:So nobody else who was there noticed the 20 minutes in the first half where balls were being lumped up to Carlton or the passes being deliberately knocked down the line in the second half to win a throw in ?

Our passing around the edge of Watfords box was excellent when we got the ball that close to their goal , but at times our method of getting it there left a little to be desired .

I'm afraid despite the scoreline , I would say our perfromance was no more as a team than 6/10 .

We can, and will be, much better in the months ahead . We will certainly need to be .
I agree Pinky about the direct balls and playing for set pieces but Ive accepted this will now be part of how we play. The difference in this game was that Cole was far more effective as a target man than Piq is and that Nolan played much further up the pitch. Rather than a 4-5-1 we saw against Cardiff, this was a clear 4-4-1-1 system.

Second half ,once we settled, we had them pinned back in their own half and enjoyed plenty of posession. I want to see more of that in this league,get teams on the back foot and dominate.

Personally Id like to see Cole hold a more central role, play it into his feet and build play from there.
Cardiff R33

Post by Cardiff R33 »

pennywisepeter wrote:Yeah, mentioned in the match thread. Good to hear.

Another Cardiff Iron?
For my sins :lol:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

We seemed to mix play up a lot. Something we haven't done for years. I also believe it is necessary whilst playing with one striker. To be honest although it resembles the Stoke / Bolton remit it is something that brings success and if done like yesterday I won't mind to much.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I'm pleased Parker jogged back and didn't face f*** the others.

He's Mr Super Efficient and gives off an air of confidence. 'We should be scoring, we should win and we are above this level' is what it said to me.

Pinky's called this one right again - if he is still with us after the transfer window's closed we will get the 110% Parker back.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

We've had a few seasons now on our own with Plan A. Neither Zola nor Grant appeared to know a Plan B.

Big Fat Sam is a man with a number of Plans. As has just been said, he's willing to mix things up as and when necessary.

He is growing on me by the hour...
pennywisepeter

Post by pennywisepeter »

Cardiff R33 wrote:For my sins :lol:
Seems there are a few of us around, always good to see new ones... I'm down in the Bay, whereabouts are you?
whufcspoon

Post by whufcspoon »

Is there a link to goal highlights?? :thup:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

stubbsy07 wrote:Who got players player of the year in 08/09?
Green
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

the pink palermo wrote:So nobody else who was there noticed the 20 minutes in the first half where balls were being lumped up to Carlton or the passes being deliberately knocked down the line in the second half to win a throw in ?

Agree, at times it looked like we were strolling. But your right we need to be more creative with our build up play instead of lumping it from the back up to the lone striker, we do not need to do this with the midfield players we have, our third goal proving that point as we appeared to walk the ball in!
HornchruchHammer

Post by HornchruchHammer »

Doc H Ball wrote:We've had a few seasons now on our own with Plan A. Neither Zola nor Grant appeared to know a Plan B.

Big Fat Sam is a man with a number of Plans. As has just been said, he's willing to mix things up as and when necessary.

He is growing on me by the hour...
Agree with apart from the Zola or Grant plan b bit...they didn't even have a plan a by the looks of it!

Was very anti-fat sam...but keep racking up the 4-0 wins and ill be more than happy! :crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

should not be down to sam to make them go and give the fans a clap they should always go over to the fans win lose or draw again a lack of respect to our fantastic away support. :crest: