West Ham Utd 2 Leeds Utd 2 (21/08/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Moth

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd: match thread

Post by The Moth »

Nah b*llocks to that!

If we play to our abilities well smash em! Onwards and upwards!
:crest:
TheGavnor
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by TheGavnor »

Tonks said in his interview on WHUTV that he should be fit for the weekend. Have a feeling myself though that this won't necessarily be the case
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ChristianDailly wrote:Well piss 'em!! 5-1
:crest:
We've beaten what will probably be two relegation contenders so lets not get too carried away.

Leeds have some decent players in Gradel, Howson and Snodgrass and have got goals in them , so will be a real test but here's hoping we can do the business and Carew can get amongst the goals.

COYI[/quote]

is Gradel not on a ban?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Hope the record books count for nowt ~ We have one ***** awful record against this lot
Rt Hon Tomas Repka

Post by Rt Hon Tomas Repka »

We need to establish some home form. Would be happy not to concede this Sunday.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Leeds are nowhere near being "contenders". It is only a big game because they have a decent history. We should be able to re-wallpaper the BM stand with their arses, but will probably struggle.

It will take more than two awesome away wins to get me out of years of West Ham pessimism :lol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Aceface wrote:Hope everyone keeps their heads down and doesn't get carried away - last year a worse team than was playing last night beat Man U 4-0 and look how that turned out afterwards. So a grim 1-0 would do me just fine on Sunday :thup:

In fairness, the win over ManU was a complete shock. Plus, the team was full of also rans. The likes of Joey O'Brien etc seem really anxious to play for WHUFC!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Master, Ken Bates , making friends and influencing people at Dirty Leeds

Morons

Whilst agreeing with him on his assessment of their fan base , I don't think he understands anything at all about sexual matters .

Unless what he is really trying to say is they are going to get ****ed over good and hard on Sunday by the supersoaraway riproaring Irons .
Parso

Post by Parso »

Every team that comes to Upton Park this season will up their game and put men behind the ball.

I don't see any changes apart from the obvious forced one, Tomkins for Faye.

This game will play out like the Cardiff game. We will see plenty of the ball again but obviously this time we need to be more clinical in front of goal. We know we can do that, I refer you to last night result.

2-0 West Ham. Another clean sheet would be great.
asealey

Post by asealey »

Will be there on Sunday. This will be the first time I have seen Leeds at UP since the 7th November 1966. The score that night?
The mighty Hammers 7 Dirty Leeds 0. Repeat please. Goalscorers by the way- Sissons 3, Peters 1, Hurst 3. What a night!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

asealey wrote:Will be there on Sunday. This will be the first time I have seen Leeds at UP since the 7th November 1966. The score that night?
The mighty Hammers 7 Dirty Leeds 0. Repeat please. Goalscorers by the way- Sissons 3, Peters 1, Hurst 3. What a night!
:thup: That is fantastic, hope you have a great game...have you just been released for murder or something?
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

the pink palermo wrote:The Master, Ken Bates , making friends and influencing people at Dirty Leeds

Morons

Whilst agreeing with him on his assessment of their fan base , I don't think he understands anything at all about sexual matters .

Unless what he is really trying to say is they are going to get f***ed over good and hard on Sunday by the supersoaraway riproaring Irons .
8-)
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

One thing that I have been impressed by is BFS comments on earning the right to play, if we do that, good players then play good football.

Earn the right to play and we will win the game.
Pepin

Post by Pepin »

Must target 3 points after the result from Watford.
Despite being aware of the fact, that Championship is a tough league and you can not take anything for granted.
It is awesome feeeling to look forward to the next game with excitement and expectations after last two seasons.
I believe that BFS is the right man for us and that he is able to deliver.
And I believe that in our case the relegation may be good in the long term perspective for the club as it has given us a chance to rebuild the club and build new competitive squad on the sustainable basis with the no nonsense manager.
By Mr. Dyer, Kovac, Ba, Hitzelburger........... Come on Mr. Nolan, O'Brien, Talor......
Hopefuly 2:0 for Irons on Saturday!
MATTD5677

Post by MATTD5677 »

Same team again for me as well only difference is Faye for Tomkins if he is injured.

My bench though would be Stech/Boffin, Tomkins/McCartney, Barrera, Sears / Stanislas, Carew
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

the pink palermo wrote:The Master, Ken Bates , making friends and influencing people at Dirty Leeds

Morons

Unless what he is really trying to say is they are going to get f***ed over good and hard on Sunday by the supersoaraway riproaring Irons .
Well that's put some disturbing images in my head. Cheers :shock:
beckton

Post by beckton »

It doesn't sound as if Carew will have much involvement in Sundays game, I've just received an email from the club saying he's going to be in the Legends Restaurant.

£49 plus vat. For that you get a ticket, a beer, a breakfast brunch and a chance to meet our new signing Carew . :D
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

beckton wrote:It doesn't sound as if Carew will have much involvement in Sundays game, I've just received an email from the club saying he's going to be in the Legends Restaurant.

£49 plus vat. For that you get a ticket, a beer, a breakfast brunch and a chance to meet our new signing Carew . :D
Doing this with my boy and my mum.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

beckton wrote:It doesn't sound as if Carew will have much involvement in Sundays game, I've just received an email from the club saying he's going to be in the Legends Restaurant.
Count your blessings it's not Faye .

They'd be nothing left .
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

the pink palermo wrote:Count your blessings it's not Faye .

They'd be nothing left .

Benni has gone hasnt he?