Millwall 0 West Ham Utd 0 (17/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Re: Millwall v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Sweeney Bod »

prophet:marginal wrote:
I've got the notches, Cold Blow and New Den.

Flex away, warriors.
I am sure many of us have done the same, so no need to get touchy. To me this is the one match I though of when we relegated. Other games may become more important this season, but this is one game that gets the old juices flowing
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 389 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by chappo59 »

I am sure many of us have done the same, so no need to get touchy. To me this is the one match I though of when we relegated. Other games may become more important this season, but this is one game that gets the old juices flowing[/quote]

COYI...... :thup:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

You mean more travelled for what was, for all intent and purpose, a cup final than a league cup game? I'm shocked...

When it comes to league games this is the one. Whoever we may or may not secure promotion against I don't think anyone could poredict nor give a **** who it is (unless it's wall of course, because that would be great).

Don't get your point of rubbishing this.

And I'm no warrior.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Sweeney Bod wrote:I am sure many of us have done the same, so no need to get touchy. To me this is the one match I though of when we relegated. Other games may become more important this season, but this is one game that gets the old juices flowing
Truce

It just worried and saddened me in equal measure that someone got stabbed outside The Boleyn last time we played these nut jobs. They've still got a nasty element and, as much as some might deride my 'pipe and slippers' approach, we just don't need that kind of nonsense going off outside our ground.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

chappo59 wrote:
COYI...... :thup:
That is the most important thing *clappy emoticon*
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

prophet:marginal wrote:
Truce

It just worried and saddened me in equal measure that someone got stabbed outside The Boleyn last time we played these nut jobs. They've still got a nasty element and, as much as some might deride my 'pipe and slippers' approach, we just don't need that kind of nonsense going off outside our ground.
Fair comment

It sickens me that on Hof, most of the talk is about picking off individuals. No class. I would think both clubs would accept two draws and not have to play the games
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

In terms of rivalry Millwall is our biggest game without doubt,but when it comes to our promotion push there will certainly be bigger games as the season goes on.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
Fair comment

It sickens me that on Hof, most of the talk is about picking off individuals. No class.
That's them though isn't it, it's what they're all about..

Allow me to turn your attention to them at Southampton a few Years back, it sums them up to a tee..

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/distric ... cared_boy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris_
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris_ »

Biggest game of the season for me. We need to smash them to bits. They will cause our defence problems, but I just can't see us not scoring.

I cannot put into words what exactly it would mean to me for us to completely destroy them.... I can't say that about beating any other team.

:crest:
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

IMHO, Milwall will always be a bigger rivalry than Spurs.

I hope we smash the **** out of them.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

1-5 West Ham

Yeeeeaaaaaaaa
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

My Week Social Study of HoF

Post by The Rebirth »

I've been reading this HoF board for the past week.

Observations

Openly racist full of knuckle draggers springs to mind for about 90% of them.

Anyway they start a thread about West Ham every day.

They seem to think that because we shipped in 3 goals at home (hello look at our away form you mongs) that we're ****. They will easily beat us blah blah

They refer to us as vermin yet they're the ones beside the biggest waste collection factory south of the river which would probably house most of the rats in South London (the rest congregate fortnightly over the road at the Den)

They are up in arms because Maneesh on the FLS said West Ham fans wouldn't like to be compared to Millwall fans... (which is true they're ****ing scumbags and we're nothing like them)

This is their cup final coming up but for our hardcore we just ****ing hate them that's it! They're scum but after that and we're out of this league we don't give a **** about them. They're just a small club from East London which had to move to the South East because nobody ****ing wanted em here.

They have some epic thread which I'm sure if they could have it inducted into the Millwall Hall of Fame (not much else will be in there) about that plane they got to fly over Wigan. With break downs of the times and events of the day and how it unfolded (it's over 3 paragraphs so most of their fans skip right to the end and just watch the videos)

They are looking for rucks for next Saturday and patrolling West Ham forums for any signs our lot will be in their ends (See Bobby's ticket thread)

They released a DVD when they beat us 4-1 which is probably their best result for the last 20 years (for them winning the FA Cup WOULD BE a lesser achievement)

They said we're all c**** in replica shirts on match days funny that most wear colours but not all the shirts?

They're either all hooligans or every single one of them is a ****ing keyboard warrior giving it large online.

Summary

For a team which originates from the same sorts of people ours did they're pretty ****ing dumb. They're immensely bitter too I mean it seems like they care a little bit too much about us yet they hate us but they're always watching what we're doing.

We're looking forward to playing them but do we make a thread ****ing them off and coming out with bull**** opinions of their players just because they play for Millwall? I'll be honest if a decent player played for Millwall like when Cahill was there I was always like he's a good player shame he plays for Millwall. Not oh he's **** just because he plays for West Ham like they are.

They used to be one of the most feared teams in the land to visit now when teams go there they get laughed at by teams like Charlton and Palace because they have about 8k fans a week! we turn up they fill the ground! I think MK Dons get bigger crowd than Millwall do and they're effectively only 7 years old.

They should be thanking us for providing them with the extra revenue!

Oh and if you're reading this which you probably are! Hello HoF! hopefully by this time next week I'll be saying thanks for the 3 points.

P.S Sorry for posting this in the match thread but we do not have 100's of threads about them on our forums.

Team for this game please

Green
O'Brien
Faye
Tomkins
Stella
Bentley (think he passes the ball better than Julien)
Lansbury (Angela)
Nolan
Taylor
Cole
Baldock

4-4-2 play the passing game but we need to be defensive too.
Bobby Orangeboom

Re: My Week Social Study of HoF

The Rebirth wrote:
For a team which originates from the same sorts of people ours did they're pretty f***ing dumb.
I know a few of them, ALL of them are as thick as sh*t, honestly..

& i don't just mean the odd gaff, i mean actually thicker in a dunce way, than what i believe we are & i really mean that..

I've got to a stage where i don't even debate that any more, i just wonder how it could be weighed so heavily that the vast majority of Millwall's support is as thick as it is ??

PS : Oh & i'm under no illusions that they'll be reading this thread regulary so just for the record, i hope you knock 8 bells of sh*t out of each other next week due to me, it will be about your level that & it all started with, guess what surprise surprise, the ****ing idiocy from one of your own.. :thup:
MarshyWHU

Post by MarshyWHU »

http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=29577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Laughable, of course we're going to be on first you mongs. A 4-3 game with two penalties and two red cards, take off your gypo tinted glasses for one minute :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Stuwall's clearly one of their smarter one's having a pop at us conceeding 3 at home which won't do our GD any good..

We have the best GD in the League.. :lol:
bonzo999

Post by bonzo999 »

The fact we play earlier than everyone else means a win would put us top of the league - albeit temporarily.

3-1 Irons

HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

Millwall always has been and always will be the one.
People who try and make out we are above them and belittle their attendances are showing an air of arrogance that the likes of Man Utd show us.
Millwall dont pretend to be a big club just a genuine working class one, much like us.
Hope we ****ing smash them mind.
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

What makes me laugh is that Millwall fans c**t of East London all the time on HoF,yet like has already been said,their team came out of East London ,secondly they have a thread on there discussing where the best Pie and Mash shop is, which is an East End tradition and they all use Cockney rhyming slang which,once again,originated from East London.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Stuwall's clearly one of their smarter one's having a pop at us conceeding 3 at home which won't do our GD any good..

We have the best GD in the League.. :lol:
Also joint top scorers in the division to date......longtime since that happened..

2-0 us next week
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Hackney Hammer wrote:Leave it out. The fact that our fans ran on the pitch after we scored against a League 1 club suggests it's just a bigger game for us as it is for them.
Sorry mate, what it actually suggested was a bunch of chavy kids or fathers carrying their kids in their arms saying "look at ME...on the pitch against MILLWALL!!!!" dancing around waving my arms in the air or just standing there with the bottle to go as far as the halfway line...

I imagine many of the old faces despised them as much as the p****'s that night....idiots