Millwall 0 West Ham Utd 0 (17/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Millwall v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Jigga »

No need to change a winning team for this one. I agree Reid was shaky yesterday but would like to think BFS will have the confidence to keep him in the team. Bentley/Faubert would be the other change as this would bolster the midfield in terms of possession. Personally I would keep Faubert as we will need the width against Millwall and the counter attacking style of play away from home which has served us so well will be key if we want to win.

Let me remind everyone in case they had forgot... Millwall away is the most important game of our season. They are our biggest rivals and we should never forget that. A win next week will mean so much to the fans it will give us bragging rights amongst friends/family (in some cases especially docker families) and put to bed any lingering doubts that they can compete on the same level as us.

We are due an away win against the p***** nothing will please me more than putting 2/3 past them and keeping a clean sheet. I really want to rub it in their faces at the Den fingers crossed the boys do us proud.

COYI. :crest:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Stuwall's clearly one of their smarter one's having a pop at us conceeding 3 at home which won't do our GD any good..

We have the best GD in the League.. :lol:
Yeah he was the brains that had a thread go viral due to his genius. He went mad that the online booking system showed his ticket taken. No matter how many people pointed out that it was because he had the ticket it would show as taken. I am not sure if the thread is still there but google stuwall Millwall or stuwall Hof
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

WHU88 wrote:What makes me laugh is that Millwall fans c**t of East London all the time on HoF,yet like has already been said,their team came out of East London ,secondly they have a thread on there discussing where the best Pie and Mash shop is, which is an East End tradition and they all use Cockney rhyming slang which,once again,originated from East London.
Best form of flattery is copying......at the end of the day they are just a "small club from Docklands" with no discernible history, heritage, traditions...etc. Rather like a cheap bra (I imagine) no cups and little support.....
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

Sweeney Bod wrote:Yeah he was the brains that had a thread go viral due to his genius. He went mad that the online booking system showed his ticket taken. No matter how many people pointed out that it was because he had the ticket it would show as taken. I am not sure if the thread is still there but google stuwall Millwall or stuwall Hof
That's classic. Someone should point out that if you score more goals than your opposition you "win" the game and your GD goes "up"
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Millwall's home record isn't actually that bad; they've conceded 2 goals in 3 games. I reckon they may also go 4-5-1 suggesting a game where one goal either way might win it. Personally, I'd be happy with a draw, especially if it comes with a clean sheet.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

.................Green...................

O'Brien Tommo Reid Macca

Faubert Lansbury Noble Taylor

..................Nolan...................

...................Cole....................

subs: Collie, Baldrick, Carew, Faye, Papa.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Millwall always has been and always will be the one.
People who try and make out we are above them and belittle their attendances are showing an air of arrogance that the likes of Man Utd show us.
Millwall dont pretend to be a big club just a genuine working class one, much like us.
Hope we f***ing smash them mind.
:crest:
Belittling their attendances when they filled their allocation for a cup final? Yeah of course we will laugh at them it's not arrogance and Man United never belittle us? In fact most clubs think we do really well and always fill our ground unlike muggy clubs like Wigan and Bolton.

They don't pretend to be a big club because they're not how could they justify it? They get 8k a week (what percentage is away fans?)

But you're right they're the one out of all the other teams come close.

The sad ****ers made another thread today trying to bring us into some Combat 18 video from 1982. They seem to think that this group were Chelsea and Millwall boys in Harlow beating up East End Skins? I think it's a load of old cobblers myself.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Let's face it, we are all manager's so all of us would make our own different selections. What I know about Millwall is that they attack with real pace and in numbers, normally with 5 or 6 really pacey little players all linking up play and Darius Henderson is a real threat. So, we will need to counter that threat. I am concerned about Winston Reid at the back in this game, so would bring in Faye to play alongside Tomka at the centre of our defence and think his presence will give us more assurance and solidity and good though Joey O'Brien has been, I think I would also bring in Demel at right back as his physique and strength may give us a psychological advantage over their small, lightweight wingers. I also think Faubert's lack of pace will be exposed in this game and a bit of extra strength will be required in midfield, so would swap him for Bouba Diop. They are shaky at the centre of their defence, as is their keeper; who is that Forde bloke who used to play for us. We have enough choices on our bench to change things should we have to chase the game. These are the changes I would make in an otherwise 4-5-1 formation, but hey ho, I am not the manager :)
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

This is one game that will take more than tactics and formations. It will be won or lost depending on bottle. We do have a team on paper that should tear Millwall a new ****hole, but football is not as easy as that. Forget other derbies the players have been involved in, this is going to be vicious. Sam will know who can cope with this and who will have their game ruined by it.
UptonHammer

Post by UptonHammer »

2-1 to us, Nolan and Cole to score, COYI! :crest:
My starting XI:

Green
O'Brien, Tomka, Faye, McCartney,
Faubert, Lansbury, Nolan, Noble, Taylor,
Cole

Subs: Boffin, Reid, Baldock, Carew, Collison (if fit)
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Puff Daddy wrote:Let's face it, we are all manager's so all of us would make our own different selections.
You think Faubert has a lack of pace. Furthermore you think we should remedy that by swapping him for Diop. :|
The Rebirth

Post by The Rebirth »

Scratchy wrote:
You think Faubert has a lack of pace. Furthermore you think we should remedy that by swapping him for Diop.
:lol: Scratch you get used to this guy after awhile.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

prophet:marginal wrote:It just worried and saddened me in equal measure that someone got stabbed outside The Boleyn last time we played these nut jobs. They've still got a nasty element and, as much as some might deride my 'pipe and slippers' approach, we just don't need that kind of nonsense going off outside our ground.
:thup:

Agreed .

The hyping up of "rivalries" and so forth beyond the fixtures importance doesn't help .Looked at sensibly , Millwall are a smaller club with far fewer resources than ourselves .We should be beating them on most occasions , although they have a greater incentive against us because it is their biggest fixture of the season .

I'd like to see us win 2-0 , giving them nothing to feed off .A clinical , dull, professional performance .Leave them facing a long hard season in the lower half of the table , with nothing to look forward to but "survival" .

And for both sets of fans to behave themselves , and all get home safely .I'm annoyed it's been moved to a 12.30 kick off , something that spoils the day for traditionalists who like a 3pm KO on a Saturday .
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

.................Green...................

O'Brien Tompkins Reid Macca

Faubert Lansbury Noble Taylor

..................Nolan...................

...................Cole....................

subs: Boffin, Baldock, Carew, Faye, Collison

If we win next week we'll be top if only for a couple of hours; cue,

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

at the den :D

COYI
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Scratchy wrote:

You think Faubert has a lack of pace. Furthermore you think we should remedy that by swapping him for Diop. :|
Not to play the same role. I think we will need to set ourselves up slightly differently from previous matches to counter act their pacey attacks. I should have hoped that much would have been obvious
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

i'd go

green

o'brien tomkins reid mccartney

bentley collison noble taylor

nolan

cole

tough call regarding midfield, i think faubert would give us more protection against getting over-run or countered against however bentley has much more ability and i think dead balls will be key in this game so taylor and bentey will need to be on top form.

i'd swap collison for lansbury simply because he's more solid and is prepared to do the unselfish running to give the likes of noble, bentley, taylor more time and space. probably sub lansbury for collison later in the game when the midfield is slower and more fatigued and let him try and thread the balls through for cole.

i'm going 3-0 to the hammers, cole, nolan and tomkins.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
Yeah he was the brains that had a thread go viral due to his genius. He went mad that the online booking system showed his ticket taken. No matter how many people pointed out that it was because he had the ticket it would show as taken. I am not sure if the thread is still there but google stuwall Millwall or stuwall Hof
I remember it Mate.. :lol:
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

I see Birmingham just beat them 3-0. There another club I badly want to beat this season.

1-3 West Ham.....
The Rebirth

Post by The Rebirth »

Bob they quoted my post on their forum.

Just watch the hate roll in.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

The Rebirth wrote:Bob they quoted my post on their forum.

Just watch the hate roll in.
The " worried & saddened " one ??

They would do, they'd probably take the p*ss out of it too, that'd be their level also..

But saying that, i doubt if their attention span got past the first 15- 20 words..