Millwall 0 West Ham Utd 0 (17/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

10 Iron

Re: Millwall v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by 10 Iron »

Missed this one, could not find anyone showing it. Reading the Match report, sounds as if i did not miss much. Still 35c here in Belg rade Off to watch Partizan Belgrade against Hadjuk someone or other. 8pm k.o

Equivalent to 50p on the bus each way, and according to the guy at the hostel, approx 10 euros for the match, beer at 1.50 a pint, If only it was like it at home.

On to Sarajevo monday, c some off you out here for Montenegro game( as i will be in the area).

Happy Days.
Hammer of the year
Location: Sweden (Spreading the word of the Lord to the vikings and the polar bears).

Post by Hammer of the year »

Up the Junction wrote:That's unlikely to happen as he (Fry) had another op this week.
Of course Fry's injured. I forgot for one second what team I was supporting. ;)

We should have Physio Room as sponsors...
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

We still do need another CB, and I can't believe we didn't resolve this over the summer.

Now our fit defensive options outside the back four are Ilunga and the youth team. That isn't good.
Hammer of the year
Location: Sweden (Spreading the word of the Lord to the vikings and the polar bears).

Post by Hammer of the year »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:We still do need another CB, and I can't believe we didn't resolve this over the summer.

Now our fit defensive options outside the back four are Ilunga and the youth team. That isn't good.
I couldn't agree more.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:We still do need another CB, and I can't believe we didn't resolve this over the summer.

Demel and Diop can both play CB and will both play there ahead of the youth team. Granted Demel isn't fit, but we would be extremely unlucky if Reid, Diop and Faye were to get injured before Demel was back.

Add to that O'Brien who has been known to play CB, Faubert can cover RB in times of desperation, Taylor can cover LB and we could be signing Carney. I'd say you're worrying a little too much right now.
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

I dare say if the injury to Tomkins is serious we'll sign a center back on loan pretty swiftly. Good thing about the Championship, if we do find ourselves light in areas, we can use the loan market to full effect.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Finally back home, well the pub, in sunny Esaex. Where was the famous Den atmosphere? Poor game with few highlights. We looked solid for most of the game, but lacked any spark up front. Fauberts distribution was appalling and Bentley should have won it for us.

On the whole we showed character, but we need more than workmanlike performances.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

10 Iron wrote:Missed this one, could not find anyone showing it. Reading the Match report, sounds as if i did not miss much. Still 35c here in Belg rade Off to watch Partizan Belgrade against Hadjuk someone or other. 8pm k.o

Equivalent to 50p on the bus each way, and according to the guy at the hostel, approx 10 euros for the match, beer at 1.50 a pint, If only it was like it at home.

On to Sarajevo monday, c some off you out here for Montenegro game( as i will be in the area).

Happy Days.
Lucky b*stard, I love Sarajevo, and Mostar too :thup:
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Sweeney Bod wrote:Finally back home, well the pub, in sunny Esaex. Where was the famous Den atmosphere? Poor game with few highlights. We looked solid for most of the game, but lacked any spark up front. Fauberts distribution was appalling and Bentley should have won it for us.

On the whole we showed character, but we need more than workmanlike performances.
Good to hear, the radio made it sound like they were the better team, and we we're on the back foot a fair bit

How bad was Bentleys miss?
cockney boy

Post by cockney boy »

[Will see if I can find out what the score is with JT.

Still on course for two points per game which = auto promotion.[/quote]

10 days apparrently. Probably miss 3 matches.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Number9 wrote:Draw away from home against a club that sees us as their biggest rivals and will therefore try that bit harder.
Clean sheet.
We should be happy enough.
Onwards & Upwards.
:thup: I don't think we'll have a harder away game than this
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Hammer Matty wrote:
Good to hear, the radio made it sound like they were the better team, and we we're on the back foot a fair bit

How bad was Bentleys miss?
They did have the possession, but never threatened.

I was a little unsighted but it was pretty much an open goal for bentley
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:
Only listened to it on the radio but I'd be surprised if that was the hardest away game we'll have all season..
TheAlmightyAmmer

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote: Only listened to it on the radio but I'd be surprised if that was the hardest away game we'll have all season..
I reckon it will be in terms of the atmosphere and them raising their game because it's us
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by James P »

I think we have to accept we are a Championship side now and as such you can't expect to have four first team centrebacks. In Tomkins, Reid & Faye we have a very strong initial pool of CBs. A lot of other teams in this division would love to have Faye in their first team let alone as backup.

If we're unfotunate enough to lose two CBs at the same time, we'll have to make do with a square peg in a round hole, or draft in an emergency loan, or sling in a kid. It's the same for everyone and we're better placed than most.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Sweeney Bod wrote:They did have the possession, but never threatened.

I was a little unsighted but it was pretty much an open goal for bentley

As for the hardest away game of the season, football wise no, but then mentally yes and the fact its a derby at their ground will make it a lot harder than it would against any other team with a similar squad
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:
Mate, the game had the feel of a cup tie against lower league opposition. Millwall had heart, I will give them that, but little else. We will face far far better teams this season.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Sweeney Bod wrote: Mate, the game had the feel of a cup tie against lower league opposition. Millwall had heart, I will give them that, but little else. We will face far far better teams this season.
On the plus side, at least we now don't have a replay which we'd blatantly lose :lol:
TheAlmightyAmmer

Sweeney Bod wrote: Mate, the game had the feel of a cup tie against lower league opposition. Millwall had heart, I will give them that, but little else. We will face far far better teams this season.
Might play better teams but I doubt we'll play a game with as much pressure on it from the fans, I think it has more to with the atmosphere there as the quality of teams tends to go out the window in derby matches
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:
Might play better teams but I doubt we'll play a game with as much pressure on it from the fans, I think it has more to with the atmosphere there as the quality of teams tends to go out the window in derby matches
I am not trying to be argumentative but the atmosphere was nowhere near as intimidating as I thought it would be, and as I remembered it once was. And, as stated before, I was in the Millwall stand. Most of our players would have played in front of a far more intense crowd