Millwall 0 West Ham Utd 0 (17/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

Re: Millwall v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

We need our players to show up for this and not be intimidated. If they do, we can win this comfortably. We completely outclass them all over the pitch and we've got a much better side than times we've failed there before.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:We need our players to show up for this and not be intimidated. If they do, we can win this comfortably. We completely outclass them all over the pitch and we've got a much better side than times we've failed there before.
Grrrr Christian Dailly comes to mind
m-h

Post by m-h »

I honestly think we will walk this for a 0-3 away win. I've been somewhat harsh on Nolan so far this season as i don't believe we have seen anywhere near the best of him yet. That said, he will be our key player next week regardless of how well he plays. It will all be about his leadership, this match should fit him to a tee.

Dont get a stupid yellow card Captain Nolan.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
The " worried & saddened " one ??

They would do, they'd probably take the p*ss out of it too, that'd be their level also..

But saying that, i doubt if their attention span got past the first 15- 20 words..
Maybe I should do a colour by number for them?

Oh wait they probably can't count either!

They said we don't care about them? Of course we do!
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Time to ring the changes for this one: Demel should play, as long as he's fit enough to play, and the same goes for Diop.
We also might give Faye a start because we need big, strong and experienced guys in there for this one.

That's why I also think that this game will not be for young Baldock, so Cole should start, with Carew and Nouble on the bench.
Midfield should be Taylor, Nolan, Noble, Diop and Faubert with Lansbury and/or Bentley only coming in from the bench if need be.

I am extremly concerned about one of our key players being kicked into a serious injury by Millwall preventing him from playing for a couple of months, so i hope we get a decent referee who helps protecting our guys...
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

Can't wait for this, I think they will be completely pumped up for this and go all out against us, if our players can handle the sheer hatred being thrown at them we'll be in for a great game.

I fully expect at least 2 red cards, about 3-4 goals, brilliant atmosphere,...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: My Week Social Study of HoF

Post by Up the Junction »

The Rebirth wrote:...every single one of them is a f***ing keyboard warrior giving it large online.
The Rebirth wrote:Openly racist full of knuckle draggers ... They refer to us as vermin yet they're the ones beside the biggest waste collection factory south of the river which would probably house most of the rats in South London ... they're f***ing scumbags ... They're scum ... nobody f***ing wanted em here ... muggy club ... sad ****ers.
Have a word with yourself.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Re: My Week Social Study of HoF

Post by The Rebirth »

Up the Junction wrote:
Have a word with yourself.
Yes UJT I am a keyboard warrior.

Thanks
Iron Alex
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron Alex »

could someone link me to their forum, quite intrested to see their thoughts on the match.

with the game, gotta say im quite nervous. as good as our team is at the moment, im just worried we will turn up and bottle it in a typical west ham way.

claret & blue glasses on, 3-1 win goals from Nolan, Cole & Tomkins.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Iron Alex wrote:could someone link me to their forum, quite intrested to see their thoughts on the match.

with the game, gotta say im quite nervous. as good as our team is at the moment, im just worried we will turn up and bottle it in a typical west ham way.

claret & blue glasses on, 3-1 win goals from Nolan, Cole & Tomkins.
Just google Millwall Hof
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Only change I would make would be the added experience of Faye at centre half to replace Reid.

Plus the fella is an absolute brick shithouse and Henderson up front will try and dish it out, not a great goalscorer but a nuisance and a bit niggly. I don't imagine him taking any liberties with Faye.

I can also see Noble stepping up to the plate and having a great game against Millwall, as a West Ham boy he'll know what this fixture is all about.

1-1 draw.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Just hoping our players don't go into their shell with the hostile atmosphere. I worry about Cole in that sense, doesn't seem too strong mentally.
Henry Wilt

Post by Henry Wilt »

Whufc06 wrote:Just hoping our players don't go into their shell with the hostile atmosphere. I worry about Cole in that sense, doesn't seem too strong mentally.
I think if the away fans have been anywhere near as good as they have already been this season :thup:, then that will counter the home support and our players can get on with their job, business as usual. This is where Nolan and Big Sam will come to the fore, encouraging, riding the lads for the full 90 minutes so they are concentrating on the business at hand not on the idiots in the stands.

I can understand why people are suggesting making changes and particularly with Reid but I don't think it would be good for him at this stage of the campaign or his career. He has shown some exemplary performances this year so far and just because he seemed a little nervy on against Portsmouth, I don't think that equates to a bad performance (happy to be corrected as I saw very little due to a terrible i'net connection Saturday night). Give the lad a chance and if he is getting bullied or struggling make the change.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Has anybody seen Brum's 3 goals against them yesterday ? Those of you who have, will now know what I mean by their two dodgy central defenders and poor goalkeeper. We have the players to exploit those defiencies
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1484 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Even with my pessimistic hat on, I can see no other result than an away win for this fixture.
In fact we will probably get more away points then home points this season.
This type of game is what Nolan is all about, we need him to step up for this one!
Upton Larks

Post by Upton Larks »

miami-hammer wrote:That said, he will be our key player next week regardless of how well he plays. It will all be about his leadership, this match should fit him to a tee.
Spot on. We've all lamented the loss of a leader and captain, no one replaced Lucas Neill and now we have it we're criticising him for not showing his technical abilities whilst not fully fit. Nolan is a big character and increases the input and performances from those around him as Neill used to. That is invaluable in games like this.

UL's prediction:
Millwank 1 - 3 Irons.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Can see this being the game where Nolan turns up, he loves the atomsphere and winding people up, this game is tailor made for him,.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

When you say dodgy, is it that they're slow, weak or just poor defensively? depending on which, Baldock could give them the run around should he be given a chance, although 4-5-1 works away from home :think:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

2-2 with a red card apeice and bookings all over the shop.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Sam has spoken about this a lot and for me this game where it means the most, controlling your emotions and playing your game. If we do that we should win this comfortably. Millwall will come out like a train backed by their fans and we need to manager that. Time to stand up and be counted boys!

Apparently their last couple of games including Brum yesterday, the other fans have been singing bubbles :) how nice of them lol