West Ham Utd 1 Peterborough 0 (24/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Mark32

Re: West Ham Utd v Peterborough: match thread

Post by Mark32 »

Romford wrote:This squad could and should be doing better.
Says who? On paper yes they 'could' be doing better however, as has been proven time and time again in Football, what's written on a piece of paper doesn't represent the outcome of matches.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

am i the only one who thought faye looked relly good yesterday????
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

lukeWHU wrote:We have scored the most goals in the league
Fibber.... :wink:

Saints top that statistic.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

cockney hammer wrote:am i the only one who thought faye looked relly good yesterday????
No mate, before the 3 points v performance debate, a lot of people, (including me), thought he was immense in the back line. My Man of the Match
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

cockney hammer wrote:am i the only one who thought faye looked relly good yesterday????
Had an outstanding game. I kept waiting him to get done for pace, but he never put a foot wrong. Long may it continue.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

No mate, I thought he had a quality game. :thup:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

lukeWHU wrote:

Look, I want to see us play 442, and score 3/4 goals at home every week. But, you need to look at it from BFS perspective. We are winning games and scoring goals. Its hard for him to justify a total change of formation and personnel whilst we continue to do so. Baldock and Bentley are inevitably going to get in the side, but how can BFS justify dropping any of yesterdays starting 11?
Well i argued the point just this week...

The vast majority have fallen for Lansbury because he's had one good game. I would argue that last two say he is not the messiah many have given him.

If i hear any more "Great for U21s/Norwich" i will go bonkers...most people on here have just read that and not seen the actual games...I know i haven't and i watch more games than most.

The midfield are not getting up to help Carlton...and with Noble playing the anchor role, that points directly at Lansbury and Nolan.

Until we do work out how to get bodies forward in the centre...we are not going score enough goals on a regular basis.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Romford wrote: But its clouding the problems...i think we have been very lucky.

If i know anything from my 30+ years of going over the BG...its not something that usually lasts long.

We are not creating enough, we are not really beating teams and we are leaving ourselves out to be caught by the odd goal.

This squad could and should be doing better.
What problems? We have lost one game in 7 and are sitting 4th in the league. We have a tonne of new players. Its going to take time for the team to settle.

I dont understand what it means to say that "...we are not really beating teams..." when we have won 5 games.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Both Faye and Ried were immense mate...

Thankfully :oops:

Sort of sums up my point.

This formation should help our defenders..but its not because the midfield isn't working and we are not keeping the ball away from them because we cannot hold it up with Carlton /Carew up front on their jacks.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Three points is THREE POINTS and so welcome, but not sure convincing, we need to be putting some of the golden chances away no excuses that players had a cold during the week!

Not certain about the system we are playing but the defence seems to be we are not losing? when will we see Baldock given a full run out? if the lad has to wait until we ever change to 4-2-2 it may be a long winter on the bench!

Can't work out why Nolan does not seem comfortable and at ease with his position?

YES we are Winning, but its not good for the heart the way we do win at times LOL
Last edited by jaybs on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coker

Post by Coker »

Faye was MOM easy , not sure why Noble got it :shock:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

lukeWHU wrote:
What problems? We have lost one game in 7 and are sitting 4th in the league. We have a tonne of new players. Its going to take time for the team to settle.

I dont understand what it means to say that "...we are not really beating teams..." when we have won 5 games.
So you think that there is not problems ???

Our keeper is busier than theres...at home.

Its nothing to do with settling...how do you settle a team when you start off with a formation that isn't working.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Agree about Lansbury he had one good game and since hasn't done alot, hope to see Collison given a go instead of Lansbury for the Ipswich game.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Romford wrote: Both Faye and Ried were immense mate...

Thankfully :oops:

Sort of sums up my point.

This formation should help our defenders..but its not because the midfield isn't working and we are not keeping the ball away from them because we cannot hold it up with Carlton /Carew up front on their jacks.
Absolute nonesense. Just because a defender plays well, does not mean that the forwards were not holding the ball up or the midfield isnt working.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Blimey i am reading and areeing with most of Romford posts, i will just go and have a lie down.

I thought that yesterday it wasnt the long ball that was causing us to play ****, i personally dont
think we used it that much more yesterday, it was the crosses into the box from wide positions, they were either
poor or there was no one there.
Playing Baldock up along side a big man is really the only real moan against BFS tactics, one up front at home
does not look good.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Coker wrote:Faye was MOM easy , not sure why Noble got it
Noble had a good game and was by far the best of our midfielders...and he scored the goal.

If Faye had won MON...that would suggest that we didn't win easily.

It was always going to go to Noble 8-)
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Coker wrote:, not sure why Noble got it :shock:
Cos Parker has left, and Noble is now the one the MotM sponsors want to have their pics taken with.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Thought Noble had a cracking game yesterday and was deserving of the MOTM. :thup:
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Romford wrote: So you think that there is not problems ???

Our keeper is busier than theres...at home.

Its nothing to do with settling...how do you settle a team when you start off with a formation that isn't working.
You are definitely a "glass half empty man". We have a new manager, a whole new team and squad. Give them a chance FFS. We have only played 7 games and are 4th in the league. Reserve your judgement until after xmas. ****ing hell.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

lukeWHU wrote:
Absolute nonesense. Just because a defender plays well, does not mean that the forwards were not holding the ball up or the midfield isnt working.
Did you go yesterday ??

If our 2 centrebacks were our best players...it would suggest that it wasn't an easy win. It also suggests that just one mistake and its not a win at all.

If our keeper was busier than our opponents...it would suggest that many of you with your "It will take time to settle" are just making excuses for yet another poor drab home performance.