West Ham Utd 0 Ipswich Town 1 (27/09/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: West Ham v Ipswich match thread

Post by hammer1975 »

Romford wrote: Noble was tired last night...not surprising considering his last 2 MOM performances. Don't see how you can talk about adding pace then playing Bentley.

Nobody has said how much we missed Fauberts energy last night.

Good to see Jack get back on the pitch last night..

I'd go 442 with..

Cole..Baldock

Taylor (ish)....Noble...Collison...Faubert

Ringo (ish)....Tomkins...Reid...Paddy
Romford - agree about faubert - a few pages back I mentioned that I thought sam got it wrong not bringing him on - as much as it was good to see collison.

i would like to see us play diop and push noble forward. i know people think he's this successor to parker as the holding player but i just think he's our best passer and most creative influence. biggest blot on sams copybok for me so far was not buying jack cork. if our holding midfielder was as mobile and energetic as he is then noble and nolan's lack of mobility wouldn't stick out like the sore thumb it does. much better fit for us than lansbury or bentley imo

would go for a midfield with Taylor - Noble/Collison - Diop - Nolan (seriously he won't be dropped) - Faubert for the next few games (as away)

then really tell the four midfielders to get forward with Diop holding

don't want to see bentley or lansbury starting for a while after last night I'm afraid

and for those giving cole a bashing....the only time we created anything in the first half was when it went to his feet and the ipswich defense crapped themselves....it's really not surprising that he won little in the air when it was torpedoed to him with at least two defenders in close attendance and his strike partner at right mid....is it? it looked to me like our only chance of a goal was a set piece of cole to produce something from nothing