Crystal Palace 2 v West Ham Utd 2 (01/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer_lad

Re: Crystal Palace FC v West Ham United - match thread

Post by hammer_lad »

Gazzaloz wrote:
Didn't his crosses create both goals?
yeah they did, just watched the highlights. Fair play point taken.

All the rest did go for a throw in though, trust me :wink:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

The c***s booing Cole should go and support another club, too!
pay attention matt, pay attention!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

hammer_lad wrote: Again, alot of our players didnt play to their ability. Bentley and Cole probably the worst culprits
yeah, cole was really poor, the only thing he had to do was to receive long balls and play completely alone against the whole palace defence and still he couldn't manage. what a ****, uh? :?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

w4hammer wrote:had a crackiong day out and thanks for the pub advice, although Romford and his crew left just as we got there, for some reason!
Because i knew an empty place around the corner... :lol:
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

warp wrote:
yeah, cole was really poor, the only thing he had to do was to receive long balls and play completely alone against the whole palace defence and still he couldn't manage. what a ****, uh? :?
ello mr sarcasm,

so the times when he had the ball at his feet he was a world beater was he? the times when our wingers (mostly faubert from right back) were attacking down our side in the first half and was looking for cole to make his move and he never did, dont matter either eh? The untold times the fella either didnt jump or jumped and never won a header suggest he werent having a good game. Carew came on and seemed to win every header.

You dont agree, well done - clearly all the idiots booing suggest i'm not in the minority with my opinion but you carry on fella.
BR7 Hammer

Post by BR7 Hammer »

was in the Palace end with Palace mates and neutral mates so was interesting getting some different perspectives at times...

Havent read everything on here but a lot of what I have read people seem to underestimate Palace thay are a decent team with some quality youngsters who I think will be in the shake-up for the play-offs
with that in mind I thought McCartney had a great game 1st half completely shackled Zaha who has terrorized teams at times Sam obviously did his homework and McCartney didnt let him settle on the ball once eventually forcing him to swap sides for 2nd half
Tomkins put in a really assured display and was interesting watching him bollock Faye in the 1st after he was at fault for the goal (& missed header from same straight ball 2 mins previous) who is mentoring who?!
Diop added a nice bit of steel and showed he doesnt mind moving the ball on the deck, did a good job on Williams who started to dominate the game 2nd half, Williams has a big future looking at him now at just 17
Carew came on and had a great affect by being able to hold up the ball and scare the defence at crosses previous to that Cole was bullied out of the game by Gardner he needs to man up to that in this division especially when hes on his own
Baldock really changed the game though when he came on gave us different options and was a willing runner, needs to be on the pitch more looks like he is really up for it!

some of the football was far too long ball from us at times buit when we did get it down and play we looked good (especially 4-4-2) hopefully Sam will take something away from this game as a lesson learnt

all in all a good day out, away stand looked good and noisy at times

:crest:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

hammer_lad wrote: Again, MaCartney is not the player that left us to go to Sunderland. That fella really cannot cross a ball anymore..
Gazzaloz wrote:Didn't his crosses create both goals?
Yeah, well, apart from them of course. :lol:
beckton

Post by beckton »

What have the Romans ever done for us.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

So did it get proper naughty like was being predicted though 'bandit country'.

Or did nothing happen :lol:
Last edited by Hammer Laffers on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGavnor
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by TheGavnor »

I though McCartney was exceptional at the weekend, myself.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

cole wasn't great, i just wouldn't point at him as major culprit, 'cos in the first half was isolated all the time, and in the second half before he came off no one was having a good time (in fact i'd say that in the first 20 minutes of the second half everyone was ****, hence the boos, that were sad anyway).
he sure did fuçk up a couple of times.
i think he's no target man either, while carew is, that's why he managed to win more balls, along with the fact that when he was in, palace defence had to worry about other players, and not only him.
but my opinions are opposed to the idiots booing ones, so i must be wrong Image
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Fair few mugs in our end.

One geezer told my mate (who was clapping next to his head) that he was there to watch the football and not sing.

Another fella in an away shirt and a rucksack trying to get a couple of young lads thrown out for swearing.

The two fellas having a tear-up at the bar at HT - although I could see that coming to be fair... the c**** behind the counter were ****, was boiling hot, no room to move and most of us pissed up.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Toilets were like a smokey steam room as well.
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

w4hammer wrote: We were in The Ship, and was fairly full of palace fans with no hint of any trouble - apart from all of us dying of thirst when waiting the 15 mins each round for a drink at the bar!

We went to the Ship, got there early & went into the beer garden. By the time we went to get a refill the place was heaving.
Left & ended up at the Whetherspoons, which was also 8 deep at the bar. Ended up buying a crateful from the Supermarket opposite.
Good atmosphere in the High St. with the footballs etc, even the Old Bill were laughing :thup:
TheFuMaster

Post by TheFuMaster »

We miss Matt Taylor
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Both goals we conceded were a harsh reminder of why we are in this division in the first place, but at least we battled back to get something from the game (something we DIDNT do last season!).

Thought both Faubert and Linda played pretty well as did PBD, Cole looked very isolated (again), still not convinced by Bentley and Colleen, although at least does pop up with the odd goal. Carew looked the most dangerous ive seen him this season. As for Angela, he did ok and looks like its between him and Noble who gets the creative midfield position, on this seasons evidence Lansbury just shades it purely for his mobility.

6.5/10 :crest:
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

Hammer Laffers wrote:So did it get proper naughty like was being predicted though 'bandit country'.

Or did nothing happen
that would require millwank actually turning up for their home fixtures.. so no trouble. not a hint of millwall at london bridge, plenty of west ham shirts out and about, too :lol:

edit: although i suppose those looking for it wouldn't be found at LB
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Big Sam has said this about the game after analysing it.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20111004/ ... 84_2472098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bendavids

Post by bendavids »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Big Sam has said this about the game after analysing it.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20111004/ ... 84_2472098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like that he knows all about the stats and doesn't give it the Grant style 'we had loads of spirit' nonsense - it's all good tangible stuff. However, to put it on the OS with the headline 'setting the record straight' just seems a bit petulant to me...
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

[quote="terrapinstation"]So did it get proper naughty like was being predicted though 'bandit country'.

Or did nothing happen
that would require millwank actually turning up for their home fixtures.. so no trouble. not a hint of millwall at london bridge, plenty of west ham shirts out and about, too
edit: although i suppose those looking for it wouldn't be found at LB

Or discussing it on here... :wink: