West Ham Utd 4 Blackpool 0 (15/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Blackpool: match thread

Post by the pink palermo »

The Gibbins wrote:Was Lansbury injured?
No , rested after playing two U21 games - which I thought he would have been .

He may struggle to get back into the side on Tuesday , with Diop, Taylor and Nolan likely starters .Leaves Noble, Collison, Faubert, Lansbury and (possibly) Baldock fighting it out for 2 places .
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Blackpool capitulated for 10 minutes start 2nd half and we were professional enough to take advantage and was game over.

We deserved the win, but scoreline flattered us IMO.

Won't be complaining though. We played some nice stuff at times.
sion

Post by sion »

though carew was immense, very happy with baldock. Ref and lino were poor
m-h

Post by m-h »

Romford wrote:
Good to bump into you mate..
Likewise, was good to see others from the pre season tour as well.

Really enjoyed the day today, for what it is. If you think we only have 18 home games left this season plus fa cup and if promoted then next season 18 home plus cup, considering how long we been at the Boleyn ground, really only a few left. Really appreciated that today all day, not just in the ground. I know we may move or will move. Makes today all the better.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

To anyone that went, was it a proper 4-4-2 today or some variant of 4-5-1?
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

The Gibbins wrote:Was Lansbury injured?
the pink palermo wrote: No , rested after playing two U21 games - which I thought he would have been .

He may struggle to get back into the side on Tuesday , with Diop, Taylor and Nolan likely starters .Leaves Noble, Collison, Faubert, Lansbury and (possibly) Baldock fighting it out for 2 places .
given the pre game noises from Sam (I think he specifically referred to Lansbury's two games in a short space of time) I think you're right TPP

However, i hope that Sam is smart enough to have used that as an excuse to protect the boy's confidence but secretly dropped him for a few (three) poor games on the bounce. i would be disappointed to see lansbury start ahead of some of the names mentioned above in the next two games as I don't feel he deserves to.

to provide balance to our side faubert is making himself undroppable too....imo
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Scratchy wrote:To anyone that went, was it a proper 4-4-2 today or some variant of 4-5-1?
In possession, proper 442, when not in possession, Baldock dropped a little deeper to close space in the middle - not too deep, just a touch .
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Cant change anything after that performace today surely. Hopefully Collison keeps his place as well, he's starting to look better with each game. Diop is an absolute beast :lol: everyone just bounces off him! Baldock and Carew are scoring as well so its all perfect.

I think Fat Sam is gradually getting to grips with his squad and is seeing who works best. Hopefully we will have more of a consistent line up now.
Fonzie

Post by Fonzie »

hadleighhammer wrote:Blackpool capitulated for 10 minutes start 2nd half and we were professional enough to take advantage and was game over.

We deserved the win, but scoreline flattered us IMO.

Won't be complaining though. We played some nice stuff at times.

Are you joking, the game I was watching, we could of and maybe should of scored at least another 3-4 goals. If it hadn't been for their keeper, it would have been embarrassing for them. Two great saves from Carew, two great saves from Baldock and one miss from Baldock just before half time. Manny never had any difficult saves to make.

That scoreline never flattered us, it flattered them.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

No way that scoreline flattered us, they were **** and we should have scored 6 or 7 really, possibly more. Apart from one low shot that was straight at him, Almunia had nothing to do.
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Matt of iron wrote:The Collison one made me lose it.

I am normally fairly calm but I somehow punched my brother in the face and drop my sausage roll in anger. :lol :
:lol:
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

The Gibbins wrote:No way that scoreline flattered us, they were sh*t and we should have scored 6 or 7 really, possibly more. Apart from one low shot that was straight at him, Almunia had nothing to do.
That's cos they put a string of shots over or wide. Another day they would have got at least 2.

Yes it was a good perforance, but some of the pant wetting on here is embarassing.

How do people always see us as crap or worldbeaters? Headbanger
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

The Gibbins wrote:Cant change anything after that performace today surely. Hopefully Collison keeps his place as well, he's starting to look better with each game. Diop is an absolute beast :lol: everyone just bounces off him! Baldock and Carew are scoring as well so its all perfect.

I think Fat Sam is gradually getting to grips with his squad and is seeing who works best. Hopefully we will have more of a consistent line up now.
I think Sam has made it clear he intends to use thf ull depth of the squad.

He'll also got 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3 as he says) away.

he'll need for e.g. to think carefully about whther Diop who is what 33, will have the recovery time to start Tues. ditto jack, actually
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Scratchy wrote:To anyone that went, was it a proper 4-4-2 today or some variant of 4-5-1?
4-4-2 until 15 minutes to go when fat Sam worked out i had 100/1 on 6-0 and he went 4-5-1 to defend a 4-0 lead. Took the wind out the crowd IMO. But 4-0 i suppose you can't complain.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Muddy wrote:Diop looked like the black Parker for a minute with his twisting skills.

Brilliant...my exact comment was "f*** me...Parkers back"
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

upton o'good wrote: That's cos they put a string of shots over or wide. Another day they would have got at least 2.

Yes it was a good perforance, but some of the pant wetting on here is embarassing.

How do people always see us as crap or worldbeaters? Headbanger
Never said we were world beaters but we constantly attacked and had plenty of chances. To say they would have scored 2 another week because they ballooned a few shots over is just rubbish. It was because they couldnt get close enough. The one chance they had was where they opened us up at 0-0 and Shelvey over hit the pass...if it was too the guys feet he probably goes on and scores, but apart from that they did nothing.
OxfordRobbo

Post by OxfordRobbo »

Thoroughly enjoyed it today. Lovely weather and a good show from the lads. Carew was immense, not just in the air but played intelligently with the ball at his feet too. I came away well satisfied and it's been a while since I last felt this positive from a home performance. :thup:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

I couldn't make the match today, did Baldock play central?
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Yea Why Not wrote:I couldn't make the match today, did Baldock play central?
Yes/
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

taffhammer wrote: 4-4-2 until 15 minutes to go when fat Sam worked out i had 100/1 on 6-0 and he went 4-5-1 to defend a 4-0 lead. Took the wind out the crowd IMO. But 4-0 i suppose you can't complain.
Your bet a side, it is a sensible thing for Sam to do. A 4-0 result means we've done an excellent job at both ends of the pitch. He'd rather see a 4-0 than a 5-1

Good to see Baldock took his chance today :thup: