West Ham Utd 4 Blackpool 0 (15/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham United V Blackpool Match Thread.

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Scratchy wrote:Yeah that is pretty pathetic mate. Missing almost half the game because someone had a go at someone....
No, you misunderstood me, it's because I wasn't enjoying myself, I enjoy getting involved with the atmosphere, standing, chanting, getting involved with the banter and obviously watching West Ham win, if I fancied sitting and watching the game in a boring place I'd sit in the Alpari Upper.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

Exactly Ryan TBL is for standing and singing you want to sit down and and f*** all to the atmosphere go elsewhere.
In future just squeeze into NL6 / 7 bound to be a few spare seats.
Also early leavers today were a disgrace.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

RyanWHUFC wrote:
No, you misunderstood me, it's because I wasn't enjoying myself, I enjoy getting involved with the atmosphere, standing, chanting, getting involved with the banter and obviously watching West Ham win, if I fancied sitting and watching the game in a boring place I'd sit in the Alpari Upper.
Your money, so fair enough. Still baffles me though, I've never not been at the very least contented when watching West Ham winning
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Reid and Tomkin's should be the permanent partnership for me, Games Faye started, 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 2-2. Only heard it on the radio but both strikers sounded like they played a blinder! Hopefully Sam now realises what a 4-4-2 with our squad can do, Faubert sounded good as well!
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:Exactly Ryan TBL is for standing and singing you want to sit down and and f*** all to the atmosphere go elsewhere.
In future just squeeze into NL6 / 7 bound to be a few spare seats.
Also early leavers today were a disgrace.
I know mate, that's what I thought, I'll do it in future I've got a seat in NL7 for Leicester and I know that will be better, and I must be a disgrace today, I hate leaving early but I was ranting terribly about people not standing and eventually I think a steward may have come over and had a quiet word which would of made me even more angry, so I thought better of it and pissed off.
Iron Alex

Post by Iron Alex »

RyanWHUFC wrote: No, you misunderstood me, it's because I wasn't enjoying myself, I enjoy getting involved with the atmosphere, standing, chanting, getting involved with the banter and obviously watching West Ham win, if I fancied sitting and watching the game in a boring place I'd sit in the Alpari Upper.
Do you go to West Ham alot? Is it just just because of the atmosphere? Leaving 40 mins early because someone is passing out dirty looks, jesus christ mate grow a pair.

On topic though, thought we looked very comfortable & could of had a few more had we stayed onside a bit more & D'Urso had of let play go on when Collison was through in the first half.

Thought Carew & Baldock up front looked like they had a good understanding, Collison showed signs he might be coming back to form. What a difference Bouba Diop makes, more of a player than i thought he was.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Carew mom (just).

Ref was a clown.

4-4-2 at home = Well happy.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Do you go to West Ham alot? Is it just just because of the atmosphere? Leaving 40 mins early because someone is passing out dirty looks, jesus christ mate grow a pair.
Yes I do go alot mate, and no it's not just because of the atmosphere but like I said if I fancied sitting at a game I'd have gone in the Alpari Upper, it wasn't the dirty looks at all, I couldn't really give a monkeys but I had the missus with me and didn't fancy getting into an argument with her around that's all.

Also I think we're coming off subject of a great win for the Irons today so I'm going to give it up, was just putting a view across.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Kevin played his best gam this season.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

I can't fault that reason tbh mate, NL7 will be fine against Leicester, hopefully they bring the full 3k.
Anyone see the streamers thrown today ?
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

RyanWHUFC wrote:
I know mate, that's what I thought, I'll do it in future I've got a seat in NL7 for Leicester and I know that will be better, and I must be a disgrace today, I hate leaving early but I was ranting terribly about people not standing and eventually I think a steward may have come over and had a quiet word which would of made me even more angry, so I thought better of it and pissed off.
There's leaving early & then there's leaving after 50 mins of the Game though.. :lol:
m-h

Post by m-h »

We played some football today and won. Two solid banks of four and was good to watch for the most of it. Saturday 3 o'clock kick off, just how it should be.
Cheers.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

Baldock and Carew were sensational, looks like that could be a very good patnership...

Reid was outstanding at the back imo and deserves a mention.

Will Big Sam stick with 4-4-2 at Southampton? Big decision to be made...
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Played the way we should and took them apart today - 442 played the right way with the right players, we created so many chances - Baldock and Carew look a very good partnership in the making. Not a complaint by any stretch, but would like us to be more ruthless when we have teams on their knees - we could easily have had 8 or 9 today. A very commanding win - well done Sam and the team. :thup:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Plenty of long ball again today - but it was controlled and held up very well by Carew (excellent technique) ....and there was always someone alongside him. Consequently it was much more effective

Some good delivery from out wide too from Taylor and Faubert. Almunia's distribution was worthy a mention too.He was actually quite good.

Collison, Diop and Carew looked fitter, Nolan had a good game - some very neat passing, Faubert looks very good at this level, McCartney was text book and Reid was quick and aggressive. Diop just bullied them and he was tidy on the ball.

No negatives. Flagman was funny :lol:

Blackpool? Surprisingly inept.

Watching their 5' 0" centre back try to cope with Carew was like watching Gabbidon against Kevin Davies, yet that big lump Evatt tried marking Baldock who was very Cottee-ish. Blackpool had their centre halves marking the wrong players.

Their goalkeeper didn't cover himself in glory for at least two of our goals - though he made some smart saves at other times.

We weren't flattered in the slightest by the scoreline.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

ironsjh wrote:Kevin played his best gam this season.
Will you please amplify on this?
On the radio commentary, he was hardly mentioned.
Thanks in advance.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

What a change after the goal...up till then I was rehearsing my excuses

Complete reversal after that...they did not have a shot at goal to talk about.

Everyone gets a 7 or 8, except perhaps Taylor and Collison who didnt contribute much.
Los Martillos

Post by Los Martillos »

Great performance all-round. Well happy. We should fear nobody and play 442 all the time. As others have said - we could have scored 7 or 8.

:thup:
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

Break open the champers,Cole has finally been dropped,2yrs of that lumbering so n so,has tested my patience
hopefully a spell on the bench,will make him realise how much effort he needs to put in,to gain a starting slot
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Carew was tremendous today, totally unplayable. Nolan looked a yard sharper and Blackpool are just as naive as they were last season.

D'Urso is an imbecile and shouldn't be allowed to referee an under 11's game.