West Ham Utd 4 Blackpool 0 (15/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Blackpool: match thread

Post by Hammer Matty »

Romford wrote:Derby-Saints was more i think

So much for Bentley eh...
Just checked..

you are indeed correct, Derby had 33,000, also very impressive
ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

Any one know where I can see the goals?

101greatgoals doesn't seem to have it...

Thanks
Stoeff.at

Post by Stoeff.at »

there is a shaky video by someone in the stands showing 3 of the 4 goals on youtube, but i couldnt find any quality highlights video.
dimagician10

Post by dimagician10 »

4-0 win. 10 shots on target. Good display from every player. 2nd in the table with the top team to play next.
Thought the side had excellent balance. A good crowd. NOTHING to moan about the game in the pub afterwards!

The fantastic movement of Baldock balanced with the excellent covering of Diop was impressive.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Four goals in a league game three times already this season :thup:

From memory in 80/81 we hit four or more (in league games) on five occasions?? Interesting to see if we top that this season.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Jabsco79 wrote:Four goals in a league game three times already this season .
4 times (Watford, Forest, Pompey, Blackpool) :wink:
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Should D'Urso have sent himself off for preventing a clear goal-scoring opportunity?
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Devils Advocate wrote:4 times (Watford, Forest, Pompey, Blackpool) :wink:
Thank you...memo to self....do not type a statistical post without sufficient Sunday morning caffeine intake........
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

ShanghaiHammer wrote:Any one know where I can see the goals?

101greatgoals doesn't seem to have it...

Thanks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 5_10_2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Ham on approx 15mins and 40 secs.
Coker

Post by Coker »

It didn't stop him driving into the BG at roughly 2:45pm this afternoon...

Good today, wasn't it?[/quote]

was that him in the black ferrari with the german number plate?
Coker

Post by Coker »

Robbie wrote:What was the crack with 'Jesus'?
I saw the Chicken Run (TB corner) having a bit of fun and heard the 'What's The Score My Lord...What's The Score.....

I'm assuming there was a Blackpool fan that vaguely resembled a biblical character.

Anyway, superb day today. Could have had 8 or 9!
:thup:
lol some great banter , yeh one of there fans had a look of Jesus and to be fair when we all sang he waved and played along whether he liked it or not :0

also what was great was the geezer who replaced the corner flag about 10,000 fans cheering him like he was Di Canio , Classic

only negative part of the game was the C---- in the black who seemed to feel sorry for Blackpool even with his help there were shhhhhhhhhhhhhht

will Cole,Noble etc get in the team after that i say nope.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Coker wrote:What was the crack with 'Jesus'?
I saw the Chicken Run (TB corner) having a bit of fun and heard the 'What's The Score My Lord...What's The Score.....

I'm assuming there was a Blackpool fan that vaguely resembled a biblical character.
It was brilliant!
He took it very well to be fair... some great songs aimed at him...

Jesus what's the score?
What's the score my lord?
You need a miracle!
You have been crucified!

Best part of the ground! (IMBO)
:clap:
Coker

Post by Coker »

Yeah was a good laugh , some great songs flying about , my favorite part of the stadium :thup:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

The Gibbins wrote:No way that scoreline flattered us, they were sh*t and we should have scored 6 or 7 really, possibly more. Apart from one low shot that was straight at him, Almunia had nothing to do.
I was quite pissed when I posted that, but to describe better I'd say the scoreline was probably a fair reflection of the game, but our performance wasn't one I'd say would see us win so convincingly on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong it was a good performance throughout the team so much as to say no-one stood out, but Blackpool were surprisingly very, very poor. Looking at a 4-0 scoreline you'd think we'd torn them apart with some scintilating stuff. We did play some nice stuff at times, but the scoreline was better than the performance because of how **** Blackpool were.

Still, you can only beat what is put in front of you and I've gone home happy after a good solid performance, a clean sheet and a good win.
maltab

Re: West Ham United V Blackpool Match Thread.

Post by maltab »

[quote="RyanWHUFC"]Great result, can't say I was impressed by the fans in TBL5 today, a fella in front of me got had a go right at him for standing, which set the tone really, full of moany whiny old c***s, why can't they just have a standing area for those that want to sing and create an atmosphere and one for the moany old codgers who want to observe/sit on their iphones all game, ruined my day so much I left 40 minutes early

I was sat directly in front of the lad that was told to sit down.Could here all these people having a go at him,to the point they got a steward up to ask him to sit down.Sad state of affairs when you can,t go to a game and enjoy it.
Onto the game.Anyone else agree,if continued to play,Carew is gonna block one of those goalie kick outs soon.Yesterday,when the defenders put the ball back to him,Carew was within inches of blocking his kick out. Great to see a lot of the players closing down yesterday,and Sam Baldock - what an intelligent little player he is.Made some fantastic runs off the ball .To find space.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I was sat directly in front of the lad that was told to sit down.Could here all these people having a go at him,to the point they got a steward up to ask him to sit down.Sad state of affairs when you can,t go to a game and enjoy it.

Ah you know the fella I was talking about then, in hindsight I wish I'd have just sat down, stopped ranting and watched the rest of the game my problem is I'm not used to it, normally I'd go in TBL6/7 and was stood all game at Palace away so it came as a shock to the system and I didn't enjoy it and therefore left, my missus said to me that he left as well apparently too. :thdn:
maltab

Post by maltab »

I had four empty seats next to me.People arrived just after kick off,an left about 5 mins later.Then came back at half time,and immediately turned around and left again,and didn,t come back.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

What a Day! home late and only just recovered! well done Carew! and Sam Baldock is The Man! we have got to give these two a chance now.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

RyanWHUFC wrote:

Ah you know the fella I was talking about then, in hindsight I wish I'd have just sat down, stopped ranting and watched the rest of the game my problem is I'm not used to it, normally I'd go in TBL6/7 and was stood all game at Palace away so it came as a shock to the system and I didn't enjoy it and therefore left, my missus said to me that he left as well apparently too.
So you left after 50 mins and left the Missus there to watch the rest of the Game too ?? :lol:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Sunday morning, so kneejerking has been slept off. Blackpool were poor, but are not a poor team. If they had beat us, they would have been above us in the table. I am not saying we were like Barcelona but for once we actually played as a team, a rarity of the last two years. You could go through the whole starting 11, and would have to be petty to find fault with anyone. As others said, Alumnia's distribution was so pleasing to see after match after match of just pumping the ball up the pitch. A classic case of this was when he quickly done a "throw in" throw to McCartney on the left wing which set up another attack.

The defence were solid, if at times showed the traditional West Ham fragility when attacked with pace. If they had to close the HotY in October, Reid certainly would be a contender. I am starting to love this bloke. Tomkins and Reid work really well together. How nice it is to know that if either take a knock we have Faye to come on.

In midfield we looked more balanced. I do rate Lansbury, but in the big scheme of things, I think yesterday saw our best midfield combination. Collison offers a lot, and did more than enought to keep his place. Despite his age, Diop gave us that "Viera" quality. Nolan was far better yesterday, and with Diop partnering him in the centre, we finally have a midfield that will not be bullied. I feel for Noble, but would anyone pick him ahead of any of our midfield yesterday? Noble will play a part this year, and again it is smile inducing to have a SQUAD.

I enjoyed the big slice of humble pie that Carew has caused me to eat. For some reason he reminded me of Jimmy Quinn. Quinn would never feature in a top West Ham 11, but in his time his gangly style and strength in the air always created chances. Again like Quinn, Carew is the type of player you will want to hug and punch in equal measure. Yesterday he held the ball up well, caused their defence problems when on the ball, and gave options all day. Baldrick is looking the perfect partner, quick and instinctive. I loved the passion he showed when Carew failed to pass to him. A real hunger for goals. I do not think Cole and Carew can play together, so if Baldrick gets a knock, I would like to see Sears or Lansbury come in.

When we talk about atmosphere, I always reluctantly use the excuse that at times the West Ham faithfull are just too "tense". When the third goal went in, you could almost feel the weight of doom lift from the crowd, and the atmosphere and singing improved. It is not a case of "sing when we winning", but more of a case that many of us find it hard to sing when we are biting our nails.

Big 4 weeks coming up. Yesterday gave us the confidence to go into this period knowing that a decent run could mean that we enter the Christmas period with a decent gap between us and our rivals.