Brighton 0 West Ham Utd 1 (24/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Brighton v West Ham United match thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

PP

What you're doing, is citing the merits for having Mark Noble in the team, which is fine. I agree, he should be starting.
You're also comparing him to Kevin Nolan and suggesting he's had a better season, which is fine, I agree.

As I said, I don't give a monkeys about that.

All I'm saying, is Mark Noble is ****ing thick. No more, no less.
In terms of the modern day footballer, isn't really ground breaking.

I've said it for 5 years and will continue to do so while he is still demonstrating said dumbcuntery.
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

Romford wrote:I really do find it amazing how some people get hold of tickets for these games...

Anyone who has worked for WHUFC for the past ten years must of blagged a ticket from the club

The Scandanvian Hammers had 30+ tickets

and i saw so many people i hadn't seen for donkeys at an away game....at a game that you had to have at least 6 points for.

Now i don't mind people blagging tickets...but whats the point of having a Priority Point system when half the allocation is gone before the tickets go out to fans.

I know plenty of people who couldn't get a ticket...who have already done a couple of aways this season.

Reminds me back to the Oldham away semi...and the famous 500 seat allocation that went within 13 punters.
I understand your point, but I think it's a bit unfair to mention Scandinavian Hammers in the same sentence as some English WHU supporters who go the odd game. Some people from abroad (like myself) do a lot of effort to get to games (holidays on work, travels,...) so it's not obvious to go to every single away or home game. I think it would be a bit unfair to use the PP system for us (although I think we would just edge it as we do 5-6 away games every season?). BUT 30 tickets is a lot indeed for such a popular away game, I can imagine that there were a couple of tourists amongst them, although I wouldn’t really bet on it. We were able to get 4 for yesterday btw.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Just watched it again and i must admit in hindsight in knowing the result how easy we dealt with them.
They huffed and puffed and passed for the sake of it but got absolutly no where.
As i say a lot easier watching it when you know the result and in truth we had the better clear cut chances
to improve on our lead.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: All I'm saying, is Mark Noble is f***ing thick. No more, no less.
In terms of the modern day footballer, isn't really ground breaking.
Rars , with the exception of about 5 players they are all ****ing thick .They're bound to be , they've done f*** all but play football all their lives . :lol:
Mr P
Location: On the outside of a rather cheeky bottle of Viognier...

Post by Mr P »

Oldun wrote:Just watched it again...
Blimey, you some kind of masochist? Once was enough :wink:
jamesie

Post by jamesie »

BrownFatwa wrote:
and there was me thinking we just didn't pass it terribly well, live and learn eh.
Haha, think I meant "we gave them time on the ball", deliberately passing to them would be a strange tactic I agree.

Serves me right for trying to be positive!
Gazzaloz
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Gazzaloz »

Possession stats mean nothing, the only one that matters is 1-0. We weren't great but we got the points, how many times have we said the opposite? I'll settle for a gritty away performance and three points every other week. Now let's move on.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Belgian Iron wrote:I understand your point, but I think it's a bit unfair to mention Scandinavian Hammers in the same sentence as some English WHU supporters who go the odd game. Some people from abroad (like myself) do a lot of effort to get to games (holidays on work, travels,...) so it's not obvious to go to every single away or home game. I think it would be a bit unfair to use the PP system for us (although I think we would just edge it as we do 5-6 away games every season?). BUT 30 tickets is a lot indeed for such a popular away game, I can imagine that there were a couple of tourists amongst them, although I wouldn’t really bet on it. We were able to get 4 for yesterday btw.
Im not having a pop at the fans mate...you try for whatever you can and see how good your relationship is with the people in the right places. I know i do

My problem is with WHUFC and the way they allocate the tickets...before they even go on sale.

I saw stewards, i saw people who work in the office and hotel, the girls who work with the disabled, Saturday ticket staff and girls who work in the corporate areas....all in the best seats !?
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Did we lose last night? :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote: Explains why you were wandering around with your clip board doing a roll call .

Loads there last night who had blagged tickets off their mates who had enough points - you were speaking with a couple that had done that at half time .I think the change from Saturday to Monday may have encouraged a bit of swapsys .

I've been told off before for NOT having a clip board.... 8-)

I know there is always swaps at every game...and thats good.

I'm on about how many tickets were actually allocated (and many STHs didn't get any)....after the club took their chunk for officials etc.

We both know that these people weren't there the week before at St Marys.

These people should be looked after the sths priority points (and that includes the International fans)
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

Big up the small group of fellas (far left hand side), that kept the "Johnny Lyall's claret & blue army" chant going for the whole of the game :thup:
joyful

Post by joyful »

Hayden wrote
I apologise for the snide comment
:thup: No probs, I should have made it clearer. FWIW the bandwagon jumpers wind me right up too.
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

Was able to drink in a pub at Uni of Sussex because I have a mate who goes there.. They were forcing everyone to show student IDs, saw quite a few who looked out of place. We stopped by afterwards, and there were a few older hammers trying to get drinks and minding their own business. Out of nowhere, a few OB come running in, grab one of the blokes and try to force him out. They did, but he smashed up a glass door on the way out... Quality. Feel for those who had a hassle with the matchday experience, seems an odd location for a stadium. I wonder if the local area will develop at all.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I am still over the moon at last night's result. That was one of the most difficult matches we will face all season and to come through it unscathed and keeping a clean sheet too is a real positive. I think we will also battle out a couple of hard fought 0-0 draws on the road this season too and I can think of a couple of places right now where I will gratefully accept 0-0 too. What has improved this season and for me, it is terrific to see, is how so much better we are when we don't have the ball and that has been so much our problem for about as long as I have supported us, which is more years than I care to remember. We have totally disregarded this very important element to the game before as a whole deep seated ethos embeded in our psyche, has dismissed this in our quest to play attractive, free flowing football that has for the greater part got as absolutely nowhere
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

RARS

In case you have forgotten how eloquent footballers are these days:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Noble looked a better player when he has better players around him, look how well he linked up with Tevez & Zamora that season.
All three seemed to read, where each other would be.
For a thick player he got on the end of a couple of great Tevez crosses, seemed to read them O.K.
Not saying he's been brilliant since but was stuck out wide for a couple of seasons which didn't help, he hasn't the pace to be a wide man.
Think he is the only one that try's the clever pass, doesn't always come off but at least he shows some invention.
I like Mark but do get frustrated with the free kicks he gives away on the edge of the area, but at least he seems to be trying to stop the player or shot as his dislocated thumb yesterday proved.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

The defensive display last night was something to be proud of.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Romford wrote:I really do find it amazing how some people get hold of tickets for these games...
I couldn't get a ticket despite going to a few away games already (including Southampton) so I went to see Bruno Mars at Brixton Academy instead.

I'm very pleased with how this panned out... :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

To be honest...I'd rather have had a Mars bar and stayed in the Brighton Lanes all night mate 8-)
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I've said it for 5 years and will continue to do so while he is still demonstrating said dumbcuntery.
I bet he could count how many players up front we've been playing with...unlike our fantastic manager