West Ham Utd 3 Leicester City 2 (29/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham United vs Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Smonnie »

:lol:

I love you, Pinky.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

Fraggle wrote:I was incandescent when Carew went off and it became obvious he wasnt injured, St Leger was just bouncing off him, it was the worst marking mis match i think ive ever seen, but Johnny didnt foul him once. Yes, that great lump of a centree forward was clearly their target in the second half and he was allover winston( who dealt well for the most part, but there was little protection from the ref, the hypocrisy is stunning and goes to the issues we fans have had with refs consistency for quite a few seasons now. as for the leicester fans, i dont expect anything else, they only came to give Rob Green a hard time and then they kicked up a sting when he had a go back...complete w***ers and with any luck we wont have to put up with them in our stadium next season
FWIW The big lump that came on up front for them (Howard I think), looked to me like he was put on just to do a job on Reid, in his first three aerial battles with Reid he led with his elbow each time, catching Reid twice.The ref did not pull him up once.
Its laughable because the most that Carew could be accused of is a debatable push, and he got booked for that.
The ref saw what he wanted to see, Carew looked big against his marker and was winning the ball with ease, the defender was bouncing off him. The ref saw that as foul play but cant see deliberate use of the elbow.
A complete fool.
MitchamRob
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by MitchamRob »

Was too busy cheering at the end and missed Green, is there a video anywhere? Funniest bit was Beckford when he went off, cheered off by his own fans and the reaction was just comedy gold.....
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

land of middle girth wrote:I've aged 5 years in the past 15 minutes. . . :shock:

It was my birthday yesterday. I sat in my seat covering my eyes with my scarf as I couldnt bear to watch the four minutes added time,, and I think I aged another 30 years lol. What a game, what a birthday. I love you West Ham. Roll on Tuesday!
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

the pink palermo wrote:Noble has the golden bazooka .
:lol: Quality!
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

MitchamRob wrote:Slaters goal was unbelievable, big boot upfield, Slater sprinting towards their goal, slowed, turned, chested the ball forwards and then volleyed it into the top corner, best goal I've seen at UP. It was Sunderland and we won 5-0 under the floodlights..
2:20 in. A bit grainy but you get the gist of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6p_tdgm4MM
Chester Hammer

Re: West Ham Utd vs Leicester City: match thread

Post by Chester Hammer »

I am still buzzing from Saturday tense at the end but all in all great day out had to take the wife 1st home game, she is now fully converted which should make my life easier, really good to see Noble play the way he did and great to see Green back in between the posts, roll on Bristol COYI