West Ham Utd 3 Leicester City 2 (29/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: West Ham United vs Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Dan1326 »

If he can inflence the game verbally whats the problem?
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

Infrequent a visitor as I am to see our beloved club I was shocked that I had encountered rowdier coffee mornings than in the BML westward leanings.
Ironza

Post by Ironza »

Have to say very pleased with the result today and played well in patches.

At 2-0, we had a terrific chance to make it 3 when Piq went racing through. He done everything right apart from pass it to one of our players (had about two options) and instead went for the shot. If that goes in the floodgates should open and we can go on to win comfortably.

First time I have seen little Sam this season and looks like he has goals in him. Very sharp in the box and the type of forward we have been missing for quite some time.

Should add I thought Winston Reid was superb at the back, looks commanding and dominant.

Roll on Tuesday....
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

miami-hammer wrote:
FH,
I know Nouble's out on loan, and i know Cole has been out (knee), by bringing Piq on Allardyce had to change the shape of the team, from what it sounded on the radio at least and would think that correct as it has every time this season so far. So if we know we have a player with a knee that needs some resting/treatment every now and again, the only other "power" centre forward we have is Nouble if something happens to Carew. Hence the question, for alike striker to Cole and Carew, could Nouble have done that today better than Piq and therefore not have to change the shape of the team ?.

Nouble is on 5 year contract till 2014, Piq 3 years until 2013. Personally think Nouble could do more than Piq in the Cole/Carew position.

In a nutshell i personally think he cant.
m-h

Post by m-h »

steptoe61 wrote: In a nutshell i personally think he cant.
S61,
but if he can't in League one, then where does that leave us with 32 games left to play, plus FA Cup.
Is it resonable to think that Cole and Carew will be available to make every one of those games. If during
practice we work on a 433/451 or 442 with both revolving around a forward/target man, what happens if one or both
are not available. Only option currently is Nouble, or we have to go with a small forward line up, which usually
means you need width and pace.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Thrilling game today but I'm not sure everyone would be so pleased if Leicester had got the point their efforts probably deserved. The penalty shout looked nailed on to me. Tomkins challenge with Howard for the knock-down to King was poor, but the finish was spectacular. Noble was tremendous again and Baldock's two goals were well taken. Piq really should have squared the ball for Baldock, if we score there the game would have been out of sight. I thought the big lad at the back for them played superbly. And I far prefer Nolan playing deeper.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

I love this league...
if you go 2 down to a top team in the prem (like liverpool for ex tonight) its all over
you go 2 down to anyone in this one, notings set in stone as Leicester proved second half... totally entertaining end to end stuff...
need to get promoted though!!
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

EvilC wrote:Thrillinrg game today but I'm not sure everyone would be so pleased if Leicester had got the point their efforts probably deserved. The penalty shout looked nailed on to me. Tomkins challenge with Howard for the knock-down to King was poor, but the finish was spectacular. Noble was tremendous again and Baldock's two goals were well taken. Piq really should have squared the ball for Baldock, if we score there the game would have been out of sight. I thought the big lad at the back for them played superbly. And I far prefer Nolan playing deeper.
Ask romford, i'm interested
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

hornsey wrote:I love this league...
if you go 2 down to a top team in the prem (like liverpool for ex tonight) its all over
you go 2 down to anyone in this one, notings set in stone as Leicester proved second half... totally entertaining end to end stuff...
need to get promoted though!!
It's called a competition, something the 1st sorry EPL divison isn't
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

miami-hammer wrote:
S61,
but if he can't in League one, then where does that leave us with 32 games left to play, plus FA Cup.
Is it resonable to think that Cole and Carew will be available to make every one of those games. If during
practice we work on a 433/451 or 442 with both revolving around a forward/target man, what happens if one or both
are not available. Only option currently is Nouble, or we have to go with a small forward line up, which usually
means you need width and pace.

Better off.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

They give stick to Green the whole second half and when the final whistle blows they didn't like it...top man.
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

It's called a competition, something the 1st sorry EPL divison isn't[/quote]

be better maybe if they capped the prem with 20 top class teams with history and support and let the others fight it out amoungst themselves downstairs...be a fairer league.
f*** wigan, norwich, swansea, bolton. blackburn etc...
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

Or had referees that wasn't bent / starstruck. Championship officials piss over top flight refs. Maybe it has something to do with money
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I thought Collison did o.k, and I thought he did well against Blackpool when some people were slating him too. Really don't know why the daggers are out for him.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Collison was really poor again today, I thought. He might have looked like he had something to offer before he got that knee injury, but I have not seen anything from him since that convinces me we have a player there. He had a great chance in the first half which fell to his left foot but instead of belting it first time as he should, lack of confidence meant he had to take a touch to work it to his right and the split second chance was gone. Had he not been lacking in confidence, he would have hit it with his left and may well have scored had he kept it low, but alas, no and the chance was lost. I can't understand why one footed players do this. As a kid in the school playground, I was never afraid to hit a ball with my wrong foot, so how come a professional footballer cannot ?
Puff, I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't understand why you criticise collison after every game and I think he did ok again today. he is not our star midfielder at the moment by any stretch but statistically we are winning when he starts and to my eye he is no less effective than bentley or lansbury (who, IIRC and apologies if this is incorrect, you were raving about)

he has gone from looking like he was blowing our of his arse in pre-season to lasting 90 minutes to keeping posssesion well and getting in good positions (the chance you mention above, following up on fauberts goal spring to mind in particular). this looks like a player getting better to me and growing in confidence - whether he reaches the peaks of two seasons ago is another matter as neither of us know for sure but given our lack of alternatives at the moment surely it is worth investing the patience to find out?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Doc H Ball wrote:Just back.

Has someone kidnapped BFS or has he gone schizo? When Sears was warming up and Papa was sat there, I wondered if he was in the back of a transit somewhere.

For every percentage performance, there's a reckless one. I have had more fun at home to Portsmouth, Blackpool and today than in the past couple of seasons (that Man U blizzard apart). I think we sell BFS short sometimes.

Same for Nolan, he had a cracking first half and I think he was playing deeper.

Baldock seems to have it doesn't he? He might yet turn out to be our best fox in the box since Defoe. He scores all sorts of goals which is a real asset.

Green - top class. I am so pleased he dropped that clanger for England cos he'd be elsewhere otherwise. That last save to his left was an absolute blinder.

Finally, Noble. How anyone knocks him is beyond me - he's running this team when it plays well.

The same BFS who still has problems getting Baldock in the team....
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

chappo59 wrote:Noble was awesome today & Reid weren't far behind.......good to see Tomkins back :thup:
Nobles poor season continues eh...

His pass wide for the 2nd goal was class

Great game from Mark
m-h

Post by m-h »

Romford wrote:
Nobles poor season continues eh...

His pass wide for the 2nd goal was class

Great game from Mark
It was good to hear the manager also say Noble merited his motm............
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Dan1326 wrote:
Ask romford, i'm interested
Meaning ?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Dan1326 wrote:Or had referees that wasn't bent / starstruck. Championship officials piss over top flight refs. Maybe it has something to do with money
Yoiu having a laugh ?? :shock:

I though the officials today were shocking...and Leicester were a joke with the diving and rolling about.

When that fella run over the leg on the floor...and didn't get booked