West Ham Utd 3 Leicester City 2 (29/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

TheAlmightyAmmer

Re: West Ham United vs Leicester City Match Thread

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Wigan play good football YWN, I think he was referring to the fact they all bring about 4 away fans to the Boleyn :lol:

I also doubt we'd ever be considered among that bracket as quite a few of the more 'glamourous' clubs in the Premier League get away with boring football (Everton, Villa and even Chelsea)
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Yea Why Not wrote:No doubt we'll be considered to be part of the Wigan, Blackburn & Stoke category by opposing fans in a couple of years times
Not one of my football mates, who support teams as diverse as Plymouth and Man City think we somehow ought not be in the Premiership.

Everyone thinks, perhaps due to the fanbase, that we're one of the 20 biggest teams in the land.

We, after all, are.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Can Leicester appoint old Avram before Saturday for the lolz 8-)
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Here fishy, fishy, fishy :lol:

Of course we will never be part of that category. We are the mighty ****ing West Ham
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote:
Not too sure about that .

Anything at or above 30k for division 2 football at £32 a go will have the owners laughing all the way to the bank .I bet they cannot believe their luck.
Frankly , I'm astonished at how high attendences have been .
So you don't know of people who are staying away ??

I know loads...

I honestly wish i could :oops:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote:
So you don't know of people who are staying away ??
I know loads...

I honestly wish i could
Because of the football on offer ? A few , to be fair ( and you know them btw :lol: ) ,and a few more have to be dragged along kicking and screaming .

Should the Manager make the recruitment error he looks like making, the stay aways will increase , but overall most go along still .

Habit, addiction, love, hope, bored of flogging their puddings........in all honesty , what else is there to do ?

I've always believed in bigger divisions so we would get 60 games a season .
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote:
Because of the football on offer ? A few , to be fair ( and you know them btw :lol: ) ,and a few more have to be dragged along kicking and screaming .

Should the Manager make the recruitment error he looks like making, the stay aways will increase , but overall most go along still .

Habit, addiction, love, hope, bored of flogging their puddings........in all honesty , what else is there to do ?

I've always believed in bigger divisions so we would get 60 games a season .
Well i've given Boring Fat Sam 3 months...and im now not even enjoying away wins.

You looking forward to Saturday ??

You wouldn't get me paying over a score for this current dross...
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

the pink palermo wrote:bored of flogging their puddings........in all honesty , what else is there to do ?
Being dragged around the Roman by the Dorris, before she decides there's nothing of interest, & we're off to stare at ****ing olive oil & balsamic vinegar down Borough Market.

f*** that for a laugh. I think I'd almost rather be spat at.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:Wigan play good football YWN, I think he was referring to the fact they all bring about 4 away fans to the Boleyn :lol:
)
Look, I was ****ing about with that original comment but how many years of this **** will it take before our away fans start to call it a day?

I don't go to every away game and didn't go last night but I would of came on here with the exact same attitude if I did
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote: Well i've given Boring Fat Sam 3 months...and im now not even enjoying away wins.

You looking forward to Saturday ??

You wouldn't get me paying over a score for this current dross...
In fairness we have played some poor football for a few years now - by accident : simply by not being very good .The issue I have at the moment is we are playing some unattractive football by design .

I'm disappointed because I think we don't need to be so cautious , and that he is letting himself down by being so .I believe him to be a good Manager, but he is risk averse , which means there aren't too many thrills and spills .

I'd rather lose trying to win , than win by trying not to lose .Home games have to be 442 for me .Fans need heroes - we're desperate to chant a players name and say "he's our's" .

I really want Baldock to score 25 goals this year .Sadly, he won't do it from the bench .So, yes, I'll be there Saturday , but my pulse ain't racing .........
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Televised?
TheAlmightyAmmer

Yea Why Not wrote:
Look, I was ****ing about with that original comment but how many years of this sh*t will it take before our away fans start to call it a day?

I don't go to every away game and didn't go to the game last night but I would of came on here with the exact same attitude if I did
I don't see what's so bad with grinding out a result? All good teams do it, Man United do it all the time, we've scored 4 goals in 4 games already this year so a couple of 1-0's are alright with me :thup:

We've had a lot worse away from home over the last two years and not that many away fans have called it a day so I doubt they'd start now...
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Yea Why Not wrote:Here fishy, fishy, fishy

Of course we will never be part of that category. We are the mighty f***ing West Ham
Sorry, thought you were reflecting on our impending acres of fancy dress seats at the OS :o
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:
I don't see what's so bad with grinding out a result? All good teams do it, Man United do it all the time, we've scored 4 goals in 4 games already this year so a couple of 1-0's are alright with me :thup:

We've had a lot worse away from home over the last two years and not that many away fans have called it a day so I doubt they'd start now...
Man United fans watch World Class players and make the Champions League semis every season...

Im honestly thinking of it...cos this ain't what i call fun.

Its not the result...its the way its got.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Romford wrote: Man United fans watch World Class players and make the Champions League semis every season...

Im honestly thinking of it...cos this ain't what i call fun.

Its not the result...its the way its got.
Yes, but they go away and grind out results away from home. Anyway, I don't have an issue with us playing like that away from home and getting results

I do have an issue with the way we've played at home (excluding Blackpool) however, for £32-£47 I think fans should be seeing more than 4-5-1
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote:

I've never seen Man Utd aimlessly punt the ball into the opposition half then get into position to defend time and time again. That second half was no more than punt, break down play, punt, break down play, punt, break down play

There may well of been the odd hopeless individual run with no one trying to make space for a pass leading to us losing possession

I wouldn't want to see us adopt those tactics against Man Utd let alone ****ing Brighton
TheAlmightyAmmer

Yea Why Not wrote: I've never seen Man Utd aimlessly punt the ball into the opposition half then get into position to defend time and time again. That second half was no more than punt, break down play, punt, break down play, punt, break down play

There may well of been the odd hopeless individual run with no one trying to make space for a pass leading to us losing possession

I wouldn't want to see us adopt those tactics against Man Utd let alone f***ing Brighton
Yes, but Sam did say after the game that he wanted us to be better going forward. I don't think he set the team out to play exactly like we did yesterday
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote: Yes, but Sam did say after the game that he wanted us to be better going forward. I don't think he set the team out to play exactly like we did yesterday
That's right. I think alot of the problem was players playing out of position. Collison on the left - 90% of the time he had the ball, he cut onto his right, by then the midfield had been crowded with Brighton players and he had to pass it back. The went Diop went off, we had no traditional DM, which was integeral to our gameplan, so we then saw Noble and Nolan play further back in support of defence. I dont think Nolan was very good in posession and we did give the ball away too much when in control and to his credit Sam did say it was a problem. A little bit more cohesion with the passing and we could have won by a couple more goals and the game would have probably looked a whole lot brighter.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Please can we play 4-4-2. Playing one up top is so negative. I accept we got the points last night, but we were playing away.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

TheAlmightyAmmer wrote: Yes, but Sam did say after the game that he wanted us to be better going forward. I don't think he set the team out to play exactly like we did yesterday
Let's hope so