West Ham Utd 3 Leicester City 2 (29/10/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Fraggle

Re: West Ham United vs Leicester City Match Thread

Post by Fraggle »

ref was very poor yesterday, forced carew off with unnecessary yellow, should have given them a penalty should have dished out a red to whoever it was who bundled balldock over as the last man in the second half, hope the refs evaluator was in the ground
Last edited by Fraggle on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

The ref was appauling yesterday, the decisions against Carew were attrocious :thdn:
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

I sat right in front of it and though it was a shocking dive, pretty sure the ball was going away from goal so he decided to go down
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Fraggle wrote: was in trev lower right of goal right at the front in the wheelchair section
So you saw him go over Winstons leg...you just didn't see that he run over that leg when he didn't need to.

He knew exactly what he was doing...and should have got booked along with another 3-4 divers in their team
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:The ref was appauling yesterday, the decisions against Carew were attrocious :thdn:
And how the ref and lino let the attack in the 2nd half when Bamba took out out TGV just go...then 5 mins later pulled up Sears for a foul for the same thing.

Absolutely shocking
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Interesting views re the atmosphere.

I was in the Upper Rio, front row, pretty central. Leicester semed to be noisy to me. We couldn't hear you guys very well in the TBL.Sorry..

I think there must be an issue with the acoustics in the ground. The only time I thought it got noisy was just after the 3rd with 'COYI' pouring out of the BM

I guess it's an indication of how far the stands are from the pitch. I could 'see' a lot of West Ham singing but couldn't hear much. You would think that with the North west Corner being all enclosed the noise would be strong from there.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

i spose it could have been that way, if players are gonna deliberatly run into a downed players legs to get a penalty i think there's all the more need to get technology into the game asap
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Fraggle wrote:i spose it could have been that way, if players are gonna deliberatly run into a downed players legs to get a penalty i think there's all the more need to get technology into the game asap
Especially when it just comes down to the refs positioning....and we know how good they are in this league.

If the ref had jumped down on the Foxes antics early doors...but he was fooled a lot (esp with carew)...then it might have stopped them rolling around.

You do have to ask though...Ried and their lump had a right old ding dong all second half, yet he didn't pull the lump up once ??

To see Leicester fans moaning about the ref shows how clueless they are...we had to take a player off because of the poxy ref.

:evil:
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

I am in the STBL and was right in line, i thought it was an embarassing dive but i really would
not have been surprised if it had been given by that plum.
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Up the Junction wrote:Sam Allardyce's post match presser, in full and exclusive to KUMB.com:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like Almunia's comments at the end of Sam's press conference. Top man for letting Boffin have the place on the bench and going back to Arsenal. Hope if Green should leave or we need back up for next seasons Premiership campaign we'll get him back. :thup:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I was incandescent when Carew went off and it became obvious he wasnt injured, St Leger was just bouncing off him, it was the worst marking mis match i think ive ever seen, but Johnny didnt foul him once. Yes, that great lump of a centree forward was clearly their target in the second half and he was allover winston( who dealt well for the most part, but there was little protection from the ref, the hypocrisy is stunning and goes to the issues we fans have had with refs consistency for quite a few seasons now. as for the leicester fans, i dont expect anything else, they only came to give Rob Green a hard time and then they kicked up a sting when he had a go back...complete ****ers and with any luck we wont have to put up with them in our stadium next season
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

One for the older supporters, i seem to remember Slater scoring a similar goal as Baldocks 2nd many years ago, late 80s or
early 90s, anyone remember or is it my alzheimers again.
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

Yep. Dolan headed it on and slater finished it with a fantastic volley, one of the best goals I've seen at UP. It was evening match v s'land if I remember correctly and we won 5-0 with Kevin keen also getting a stunning goal from near the corner flag?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Oldun wrote:One for the older supporters, i seem to remember Slater scoring a similar goal as Baldocks 2nd many years ago, late 80s or
early 90s, anyone remember or is it my alzheimers again.
Blades at home...i think.

Slaters was better mind...
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Spot on ammo , thanks for that.
Last edited by Oldun on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Romford wrote: Birmingham at home...i think.

Slaters was better mind...
Good call. I also seem to remember the Sunderland game when Ludo pumped the ball long, it was headed down to Slater, and he volleyed from about 30 yards.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
Good call. I also seem to remember the Sunderland game when Ludo pumped the ball long, it was headed down to Slater, and he volleyed from about 30 yards.
Might have been Sunderland...defo a night game and im thinking Sheff United now :lol:

Remember Dolan and Slater that night..great shout Ammo/Oldun
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Just checked my Bible, it was 18-10-89 against Sunderland and it was Parkes in goal and Macari was manager.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Oldun wrote:Just checked my Bible, it was 18-10-89 against Sunderland and it was Parkes in goal and Macari was manager.
f***, I think I need to join you in the Dementia suite. I was convinced it was Ludo. I do remember the game was live on the box and only around 10,000 were at the game. Sunderland brought around 1,000 and were given the whole South Bank. But with my memory, it was probably a full house, not on TV and I was fishing with Gazza.