West Ham Utd 0 Bristol City 0 (01/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Bristol City: match thread

Post by Big George »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Mate, I have managed to get to 4 home games this season. Tonight, Ipswich, Cardiff and Pompy

So far I have seen the team score one lonely f***ing penalty

What ever way you want to look at it, at this standard that is f***ing awful
please don't come again...
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I'm a bit disappointed with the result last night, but it just wasn't meant to be and one of them games, why he kept Piquionne on though is beyond me.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Romford Iron wrote:I would make a cheeky loan bid for Onuoha
good call!!
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

I don't quite know where BFS gets all these adjectives from - I thought we were pretty piss poor yesterday, again...
Baldock off for CC - wtf - Piq was rubbish all night.

It's gonna be a long slog of a season...
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

warp wrote: didn't we score four against pompey?!?
Sorry, it was Peterborough not Pompy ....
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Devils Advocate wrote:[statto]So far this season, all our home games that have kicked off at 3.00pm on a Saturday, we've won. All our home games kicking off at other times, we haven't won.[/statto]
And so it continues...
BPRIGGSC

Post by BPRIGGSC »

My mates sister is the Bristol City tea lady, and he was telling me that David James had a big smile on his face after the game yesterday, saying how delighted he was at keeping his first ever clean sheet at the boleyn ground.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 345 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Tedious game Nolan looked very poor,Total shadow of the guy who used to notch regularly for Bolton and Newcastle.
Sears just hasnt got it He might be one of our own but far too lightweight.
What was Sam doing starting with our worst lazy out of form striker? in Picquoinne when Carew was great on Sat.
Baldock allways has a goal in him why sub him,Cole looked miles of the pace.
No creativity from midfield either, a poor poor display that I paid 32.00 for and a 200 mile round trip thanks lads.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Next day, last night is done.
Frustrating night, but we'll get them this season.

Few things worked, most didn't. Not worth pissing, moaning and crying that you haven't seen 1 little goal in the 4 little games that you've been. Sob. No wonder opinions are so skewed.

Some people really need to remove those soiled tampons.

Now? Bothered. It's Wednesday and I look forward to the next game.
Last edited by rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Last night was another illustration of what we have coming the next few years. We were in search of a goal against bottom of the table Bristol City, most managers would be looking to their bench to bring on attackers capable of unlocking a defence. Whereas our manager takes off Baldock and Sears and just wacks on the biggest, blackest subs he has. We played the last 15 minutes as a narrow unit with everything cramped into the middle making it hard for anyone to create. In my opinion teams can be broke down by the better sides easier with wingers hugging the lines creating big gaps for the midfielders and strikers to run in to

Sam obviously doesn't see things like that and I suppose he will continue with his 'lump to the big useless ****' tactic when in search of a goal

That is not for me
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1309 likes

Post by davids cross »

I've stood through dozens of these type of matches.

Come the end of the season it will be a distant memory. A hard fought three points at Brighton are a bonus because you know you will balance it off with a **** result somewhere else..........and it will probably continue like that to varying degrees throughout the whole season......this is the championship and we are not that better than the rest.

Hopefully enough though.... :thup:
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Sam again disregarding the fans in an interview last night...

UTJ might as well shut the board down bro according to Fat Sam if we knew what we were talking about we would be doing his job :thup:
the_real_devonshire

Post by the_real_devonshire »

Frustrating game. Not sure what game Big Sam was watching though. He couldnt fault the performance but we just lacked the goals. That wouldnt be my take on it.

Another Tuesday night wasted. Throw in the chaos at the station after the game because ,and i quote the umpteen old bill / private security 'only two of the gates would open'. Pensioners, kids et all having to climb over metal railings to access the station while all those in high vis stood around with their hands in their pockets. Upton Park tube station really is a piss take.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

the whole game can be summed up with one passage of play, curiously from the the o/s of all places- how the f*** we didnt concede in those final stages i have no idea...

"94 mins - Bristol City have another corner. Kilkenny beats Nolan with a neat touch and cuts inside before his shot takes a deflection on it's way behind. Last chance. The ball is sliced by Piquionne at the near post and rolls across the face of goal and out for a corner on the near side. Kilkenny takes again the Piquionne volleys into a City playerr, the ball loops goalwards and Green collects. Before he can clear, the final whistle goes.

i)weak
ii)clueless
iii)hapless
winchy33
Location: 2nd turn on the right. If you reach the river you've gone too far

Post by winchy33 »

I was there last night, i didnt boo though at the end. It was just the lack of movement up front that was a problem, bar little sam, who was maybe taken off due to his injury in the first half (if it was tactical WHY NOT PIQ?!)

second half especially the wingers were too narrow, we just had no width, and cos of that everyone went for the big hoof. The thing that has annoyed me over previous years is the fact that 34,000 people can see how bad a player is playing, you just know he'll always lose the ball. It happened under Grant and Zola with Mido and McCarthy, you could just tell it wouldn't work with them on. I just hope big Sam wont be like that . .
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

I reckon Dioufy would have unlocked their defence :wink:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 806 likes
Total likes: 3022 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I8CHAVS wrote:Sam again disregarding the fans in an interview last night...
He didn't do himself any favours with his post match comments that's for sure .Frustrated at seeing his move for EHD blocked , he appears to be allowing the demons enter his head - "down to the bare bones" ........"all the injuries"........."9 men behind the ball".......and my personal fave "if the fans aren't happy with what they have seen, well I don't know what they want" .

He needs to stop being so sensitive and self concious of what he perceives are criticisms over his style of play .Perhaps somebody should tell him this season is the least amount of booing heard at the Boleyn for a few seasons .If he thinks he's getting it in the neck..................
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

the pink palermo wrote:He didn't do himself any favours with his post match comments that's for sure ...........
He never does Pinks if the truth be known..
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 806 likes
Total likes: 3022 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Sweeney Bod wrote:I read PP's muses and many times disagree,
Resistence is futile Sweeney.......

Sweeney Bod wrote: but our main problem is, (and yes Pinky, I now agree), we are playing with 10 men. Nolan is offering nothing. Despite being a big bloke, he is pushed off tackles too easily, and his attacking play is running as fast up fieled leaving the midfield depleted.
I voiced an opinion to somebody last night that if his presence in home games is deemed essential for captaincy purposes ( not a theory I subscribe to btw) , then perhaps selecting him at CB may be an option .

I've been putting Noble and Diop as my two central midfielders for a while now for home games . Nolan, as a fifth "midfielder" away is ok - he fills space .At home, the two up top mean we have to leave a midfielder out .

Either that , or Sam decides to win ugly every week .Which he may well do .
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

It was Boring, okay we can say it was one of those nights but against a team right at the bottom, again Sam and his tactics but it is never him, we need to pick ourselves up for the weekend, they are only a few point behind us!