West Ham Utd 0 Bristol City 0 (01/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

stu1
Has liked: 657 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Bristol City: match thread

Post by stu1 »

Exactly, he also set Noble up when he headed it wide from about a yard out and also played a clever ball inside for when Sears hit the post. Most of our chances came through a Faubert cross/pass.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

She was lurvly. I had my pic taken with her, (I cropped myself out for public decency). Shame it was only on a crappy iPod camera
You lucky b*stard :lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

indie

Don't disagree in so much. However, an awful lot of fans do know a bit about football, even if they couldn't manage a team. It is a bit of a slap in the face to the majority (there are going to be moaners from both sides of the aisle as you so rightly point out) but it wouldn't go amiss to say things like, "I thought that we played well in places and not so well in places. Fair play to Bristol they came here with a plan and we couldn't find the net. We will obviously be working on a few things to see if we can get that bit of consistency going and find the net when teams come here especially and make it hard for us. It's a long haul and we are going to have nights where we will find it hard to score from umpteen chances, and when we find the net on occasions when we don't create a lot."

Or something like that. A bit positive, but also on point. Look they are professional players and like most of us go home a bit grumpy when we don't (didn't in my case) play well. Whatever the manager says they will in general know if they individually and collectively, played well or didn't. Problem for me as a player would be, whether or not I'm playing well, we still keep chopping and changing a bit too much for my liking (so enforced I agree) but I honestly cannot see what Nolan brings to the team, week in week out, that gets him 100 percent playing time.

I am baffled. It's not as though we don't have the players out there to fill in captaincy wise is it ? What happens when he's hurt for a few weeks ? Do we stop playing until he's fit ? Because it seems to me that he is paid a lot of dosh, was signed to be the team captain (which I was a bit peeved with I admit) and seems like he must play if semi-fit. I had a discussion with Bobby O whereby I compared it to the Upson scenario, not player wise but situation wise. Think we have stuck ourselves in a corner here.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for that pair at half time, it's bad enough having the vacuous c**** representing my fine county on the telly without lauding them at my ****ing football ground too.
Coker

Post by Coker »

didnt think id miss Carew but for me Piqiounne is just a poor mans carew, when were smashing the ball 60 yards theres no better player to have there than Big John and piqiounne showed why hes 3rd choice as the big man role,

as for Nolan , he was embarrassing didnt looked bothered at all :think:
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Does Sam purposely spit his chewing gum into the other teams technical area while they're not looking. I noticed he did it a couple of times last night. :)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

He kicked a couple of objects in their bench's direction too. Each time having a glance afterwards to see where it landed...
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2428 likes
Total likes: 4259 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Up the Junction wrote:The opposition view: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for that pair at half time, it's bad enough having the vacuous c***s representing my fine county on the telly without lauding them at my f***ing football ground too.
So you won't be tuning into Channel 5 to watch Amy's documentary called "Amy".

Jeremy," What's it about?"
Dimbo " It's about me...... Amy". :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

bubbles1966 wrote:So you won't be tuning into Channel 5 to watch Amy's documentary called "Amy".
Fair to say it's not on my wish list, Bubbs...
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Up the Junction wrote:He kicked a couple of objects in their bench's direction too. Each time having a glance afterwards to see where it landed...

Love it! :lol:

Next home game I'll be watching him. Hope he does this on a regular basis just like a the naughty school kid at the back of the class who through objects at people and looked the other away before he got spotted!
Denbighammer
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Sweeney Bod wrote:She was lurvly. I had my pic taken with her, (I cropped myself out for public decency).

Put your cock away before the pictures taken then!
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Not sure which thread to post in so have also posted in strangest thread

Some of you will know that my best mate from school, is Vice President of Bristol City. He was invited to the game last night and was had drinks with Sir Trev after the game. He recounted to Sir Trev, the story about, how as kids I would run with the ball and claim to be Devo, then when scoring a long range effort would switch to Brooking.

So I am sitting at home when get a picture message of my mate with Sir Trev, and a message from Trev's mobile saying he ran more than Devo and I should have been him for the whole game as he was a better player, with a smiley face, then a message saying good luck, Trevor Brooking.

I still can't get my head around the fact that I have the phone number of one of my hero's and he sent me a personal message :oops:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Fame at last mate :thup:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Trouble is I am now feeling a little mischievious and wonder if I shouldn't give him a ring seeing as we are mates now :lol:
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

an outstanding performance
But they can't be disappointed with the performance (the fans)
The squad is small in numbers but showing it's got great quality, because we can change the team in many ways and still produce outstanding results.
We played far better today than we played against Leicester. Far, far better.
Well he wasn't at it today, was he? (Baldock)
Do any of you fellas who went to the game agree with Allardyces comments?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Thought we done alright yesterday apart from the last 1/3. Some people at the game were getting a coronary though. Can't imagine what they'd be like if/when we play truly ****.

Noble MOTM for me. Dictated play. Faubert, Tomkins and Faye were also very good. Nolan another non-performance. Piquonne looked disinterested at times but the level of stick he got at times was a bit strong. Sears was poor.

Was Baldock injured? Thought that substitution lost us the impetus we were building.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Up the Junction wrote:The opposition view: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for that pair at half time, it's bad enough having the vacuous c***s representing my fine county on the telly without lauding them at my f***ing football ground too.
What happened at HT? I was in the bar and missed the 'entertainment'.
Odessa
Has liked: 267 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

H-t at the bar was the entertainment
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Up the Junction wrote:As for that pair at half time, it's bad enough having the vacuous c***s representing my fine county on the telly without lauding them at my f***ing football ground too.
Was it even worse than Bonnie Tyler?

Remember the saying: The road to hell is paved with celebrity turnouts at half time at The Boleyn. Or something.
Coker

Post by Coker »

highlight of the game amy saying " i feel like a bingo caller" :oops: