Coventry City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (19/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Re: Coventry City v West Ham Match Thread

Post by Francoisvander or else »

"The Rebirth"]Not being funny but Demel at RB with Faubert on the wing would be immense for us. [/quote]

Fixed it for you. :)[/quote]

"Now then, now then, now then"
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Covs crowd 15.5K against league leaders who would have taken 2-3K .........................Shall we fill your ground for you.
Jabsco79
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Southampton set the marker up there yesterday and nothing less than equalling that must be the target. Can't afford a slip up. Coventry are like Leicester in recent years for replacing managers so given current form and position, quite possible they will have a caretaker in charge by the time we go there!
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

cockney farmer wrote:Covs crowd 15.5K against league leaders who would have taken 2-3K .........................Shall we fill your ground for you.
To be fair, it's impressive even 10k turn up given the **** they've had to put up with in the last decade. Fear they're headed Plymouth-way if they go down this season.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Jabsco79 wrote:Southampton set the marker up there yesterday and nothing less than equalling that must be the target. Can't afford a slip up. Coventry are like Leicester in recent years for replacing managers so given current form and position, quite possible they will have a caretaker in charge by the time we go there!
To all intents and purposes, Andy Thorn is a caretaker manager. They just can't be bothered to replace him.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

from twitter

@DobbyGorman1: @DavidGoldWHU :Hi David,What's the Latest News On Matty Taylor ?”
Should be available for Coventry DG

And

“@ScottyHammer88: @DavidGoldWHU what's going on with guy demel? When will he be fit?”
Very soon DG
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

[quote="The Rebirth"]Not being funny but Faubert at RB with Demel on the wing would be immense for us.

No being funny, but no need for Faubert since Demel does both jobs, ~ He is Cafu in disguse
Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Coventry City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Absolutely superb support, top notch.. :thup:

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20110601/ ... 96_2396612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dan1984

Post by dan1984 »

What a shitter I have just rung up to be told that they are all now sold out!
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

Coventry away.
Remember in the eighties at Highfield Road we used to WIN there every season. Uncanny
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

dan1984 wrote:What a shitter I have just rung up to be told that they are all now sold out!
I have two "possibly" available, will not know until the weekend due to family commitments, yours if available if you want, will p.m. when I know :thup:
Jabsco79
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

hammerddh wrote:Coventry away.
Remember in the eighties at Highfield Road we used to WIN there every season. Uncanny
Indeed. Tony Cottee scored regularly for us there, including at least one hat-trick...80/81 league cup semi first leg there a memorable night even though we lost.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

After all the times I have driven past it going to away games, I am finally going to the ground itself in a few weeks - Can't wait - a great turnout by us.

Been away for two weeks and found out I have missed the PPS for Reading away!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3023 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Crunch time for Big Sam .

For the first time this season he has most players fit , with I think only Reid, Lansbury and O'Neil still on the injury list .

So, with Matthew Taylor and Guy Demel fit one or two regular starters in recent games may come under threat .In midfield he needs to choose from Noble, Nolan, Taylor, Diop, Collison, Faubert and Sears .In the backline he may introduce Demel and give JoB a firther week off , possibly giving him 20 minutes at either CB or RB. Upfront, we have Baldock, Cole , Carew and Piquionne available for two spots or maybe even one.......

And yet , we came close to signing EHD a fortnight ago ........... :think:

Bearing in mind Coventry are pretty crap, and we ought to go there looking to grab all three points I would line them up as follows, although Sam of course will line them up differently .

-------------------------------------------------Green----------------------------------------

Demel-----------------------Faye---------------------Tomkins-----------Macarthey

Faubert---------------------Noble-----------------------Collison----------------Taylor

--------------------------------Cole----------------------Baldock-----------------------------

Bench - Nolan, Carew, JoB, Diop, Montano ( no keeper) .

I just can't get Nolan in my starting line up at the moment - Baldock demands inclusion .
Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Olliek92 »

Nolan won't get dropped, probably should, but won't. I think it'll be the same team as above apart from Nolan instead of Collison and Taylor and Demel may not be fit. After Cole's 2 assists from coming off the bench last week he has to start with Baldock.

6250 fans going up...where are we all drinking before the game? Everyone's said parking is easy, is it free?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Hope we go two up top, we should do against these as Coventry would be over the moon with a point and will probably defend with numbers behind the ball.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

the pink palermo wrote:Crunch time for Big Sam ..
Erm, no it isn't.

It's November and we're 2nd.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3023 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Erm, no it isn't.
Yes it is .His job gets harder in terms of maintaining morale when he has to leave players out that are player well .

Sometimes a few injuries actually help .
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

the pink palermo wrote:Crunch time for Big Sam .

For the first time this season he has most players fit , with I think only Reid, Lansbury and O'Neil still on the injury list .

So, with Matthew Taylor and Guy Demel fit one or two regular starters in recent games may come under threat .In midfield he needs to choose from Noble, Nolan, Taylor, Diop, Collison, Faubert and Sears .In the backline he may introduce Demel and give JoB a firther week off , possibly giving him 20 minutes at either CB or RB. Upfront, we have Baldock, Cole , Carew and Piquionne available for two spots or maybe even one.......

And yet , we came close to signing EHD a fortnight ago ...........

Bearing in mind Coventry are pretty crap, and we ought to go there looking to grab all three points I would line them up as follows, although Sam of course will line them up differently .

-------------------------------------------------Green----------------------------------------

Demel-----------------------Faye---------------------Tomkins-----------Macarthey

Faubert---------------------Noble-----------------------Collison----------------Taylor

--------------------------------Cole----------------------Baldock-----------------------------

Bench - Nolan, Carew, JoB, Diop, Montano ( no keeper) .

I just can't get Nolan in my starting line up at the moment - Baldock demands inclusion .
Thankfully the Manager will think differently then on both the red bit & the shape of the Team.. :thup:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

PP

It isn't 'crunch time' is it?

That's just you adding some defiant awesomeness and importance to an otherwise mundane post on an otherwise mundane game.

It's Coventry away.
We're 2nd.
We're doing well.
He has a fit squad.

Yeah, he now has a 'player dilemma' - a 'nice one dilemma'. But it's about as far as 'crunch time' as you get.

Just post your posts and share your opinions man, without adding some extra superfluous spice and conditions.