West Ham Utd 3 Derby County 1 (26/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: West Ham United v Derby County Match Thread

Post by hawkins_hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: You are not alone .I think the clue is pace .We have so little of it, we gorge on every morsel like it is a banquet .

His first touch on receiving the ball today was so poor on half a dozen ocassions we immediately surrendered possession .
Agreed, Faubert is where attacking moves went to die today imo.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

hawkins_hammer wrote:What is everyone seeing in Faubert that I'm not? I saw a lot of pace and industry but poor technique and overhit crosses.

On the other hand I agree with everyone else's comments. Although everytime Faye goes to pass I have my heart in my mouth.
Well i'm seeing Faubert giving 200% effort and Faye calm as you like.
Well happy.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

My caveats

1 We played well second half
2 Derby are a decent team
3 You can only beat the teams you play

BUT

Derby were the weakest team I have seen at the Boleyn for a long while. They were ****
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Pop Robson wrote:Thank God we have half time, thats two games running we've played totally different in each half

Must be a BFS idea ?
Mart13 wrote:I think he plays the first half of let the opposition play, see where we can attack them and then second half attack and win the game!
You're right Mart, Sam has admitted that in a previous interview.
Hammer Sandwich

Post by Hammer Sandwich »

hawkins_hammer wrote:What is everyone seeing in Faubert that I'm not? I saw a lot of pace and industry but poor technique and overhit crosses.

On the other hand I agree with everyone else's comments. Although everytime Faye goes to pass I have my heart in my mouth.
:shock:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Toss up between Noble and Over Chuffed for MotM. Possibly Noble because he went 90 minutes but pretty much every time the ball went up towards CfC he won a header or held it up or played someone in. Excellent game from the Big Man. Noble had to play deep in the 4-4-2 so couldn't get forward as much, in the 2nd he got forward more and it showed.

Okay then if I'm pushed, Noble MotM. Collison got better and better lots of energy and a few telling passes. Hopefully he'll get back to playing as good as he was pre injury.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Pretty fair summary there Cuenca .

Cole was good today .Noble is on a hot streak at the moment .
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Just finished watching the match. Cole's goal was excellent. Sandwiched between 2 players and having his shirt pulled off his body and he still placed it perfectly.

Even though the first half was basically a non-event, we were always in control. Good effort by the team.
jtsharpie
Location: In deepest, darkest spud country. Escape to the BML most weekends.

Post by jtsharpie »

Can't agree about Collinson today, he just seemed to run around a lot with no end product. Faubert was full of energy, but lacked the final ball. Great to see cole winning a few headers today, he is playing with a lot more confidence now and a great finish for his goal.

Did anyone manage to count the number of passes we put together in the second half, could this be the game that gives the team the belief that they will win everything? We just took the p### at the end.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

IMHO Julian deserved MoTM. About time - he looked a real threat today :)
m-h

Post by m-h »

Preview Percy !!!.

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nevertheless I'll go for a win for this one. With all the usual caveats regarding the notorious inaccuracy of this old fool's predictions I'll go for a 3-1 this week – and I have a slight suspicion that Bristol City might just surprise Southampton as well if you're looking for two bets to avoid!

:thup:
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

First match for me for a while. I don't take relegation well.

Best footballer on the pitch was Faye. Second best was Green. 3rd to maybe 5th or 6th were Derby players.

Derby were a better team than us until they went 2-1 down, then they knew it was 4 defeats in a row. We looked great thereafter, but against a weak and beaten side.

Not many positives for me - we have better finishers than Derby County - whoop-di-doo. We gave away the ball far too much, didn't run the midfield for most of the match, ran out of ideas and movement far too often up front, after 35 minutes I'd have settled for 1 all.

OK, earlier in the season we looked good for the first 70 minutes and then found incredible ways to f*** up. Now Sam is making sure that we don't peak too early, and it's working. So hats off. Wins are wins. I have no time for the skipper as a footballer (or a skipper) but that was a fine volley. The cross for the first goal was superb.

Bottom line: we haven't really solved any of the problems from last season, and against good opponents we'd be up **** creek.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

devonshire flu wrote:First match for me for a while. I don't take relegation well.

Best footballer on the pitch was Faye. Second best was Green. 3rd to maybe 5th or 6th were Derby players.

Derby were a better team than us until they went 2-1 down, then they knew it was 4 defeats in a row. We looked great thereafter, but against a weak and beaten side.

Not many positives for me - we have better finishers than Derby County - whoop-di-doo. We gave away the ball far too much, didn't run the midfield for most of the match, ran out of ideas and movement far too often up front, after 35 minutes I'd have settled for 1 all.

OK, earlier in the season we looked good for the first 70 minutes and then found incredible ways to f*** up. Now Sam is making sure that we don't peak too early, and it's working. So hats off. Wins are wins. I have no time for the skipper as a footballer (or a skipper) but that was a fine volley. The cross for the first goal was superb.

Bottom line: we haven't really solved any of the problems from last season, and against good opponents we'd be up sh*t creek.
happy with a win you miserable ***? ****'s sake. we won - 3 points why do you even pretend you're west ham?
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Too late here to watch live. That is a great weekend for us. Many teams up the top stumbled around us and we pick up 3 points. Once again, Cole brings the goods to get us back in and fighting like last weekend. Hope Balders is alright. :crest:

Read through from start to finish to get a feel for the game rather than just looking for the result - cheers for all the laughs, boos and all. COYI
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Anyone got a link for download?

would be much appreciated :D
demonstimpy
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by demonstimpy »

Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

devonshire flu wrote:First match for me for a while. I don't take relegation well.

Bottom line: we haven't really solved any of the problems from last season, and against good opponents we'd be up sh*t creek.
What is there to say about that, really ??
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Thought Cole was brilliant yesterday, Noble superb, and as someone pointed out Collison was great in a middle 3, was lovely to see us playing what was IMO some lovely football yesterday and keept the ball well.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

Took me an hour to find an Irish pub to watch the game here, but managed to get the last half hour or so.

Really good result.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

jtsharpie wrote:Can't agree about Collinson today, he just seemed to run around a lot with no end product. Faubert was full of energy, but lacked the final ball.
Not sure who this collinson is but young jack had an assist for nolan's goal, played the ball through for piq that was the penalty and played the cross in at the end for piq's header to be cleared off the line. Oh, and he had a shot saved in the first half that the keeper almost played to faubert for a tap in.

Personally thought he was excellent