West Ham Utd 3 Derby County 1 (26/11/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2942 likes

Re: West Ham United v Derby County Match Thread

Post by the pink palermo »

Derby County after going off like a two bob rocket have struggled in the last 6 weeks or so , whilst we have steadily acculmulated points - especially away from home .

At home however, with the exception of a thumping of Blackpool, I'm not sure we've really fired on all cylinders , so I'd shake things up a bit .

-------------------------------------------------------Green--------------------------------------------------

Faubert -------------------------Faye-----------------------------Tomkins-----------------McCartney

-----------------------------------------------------Noble ------------------------------------------------------

Sears---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Taylor

--------------------------------------------------- Collison-------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Baldock-------------------------Cole----------------------------------

Bench: Carew, Piquionne, O'Brien, Diop - no keeper .

All out attack from the first minute .
fghammer

Post by fghammer »

the pink palermo wrote:Derby County after going off like a two bob rocket have struggled in the last 6 weeks or so , whilst we have steadily acculmulated points - especially away from home .

At home however, with the exception of a thumping of Blackpool, I'm not sure we've really fired on all cylinders , so I'd shake things up a bit .

-------------------------------------------------------Green--------------------------------------------------

Faubert -------------------------Faye-----------------------------Tomkins-----------------McCartney

-----------------------------------------------------Noble ------------------------------------------------------

Sears---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Taylor

--------------------------------------------------- Collison-------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Baldock-------------------------Cole----------------------------------

Nolan can' even make your bench when you've only got us down for 4 subs
I know he hasn't been great but still :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

fghammer wrote:Nolan can' even make your bench when you've only got us down for 4 subs
I know he hasn't been great but still :lol:
Keeping a spot open for Montano in the hope he comes back from the daggers ....

If Nolan plays against Derby and gets a yellow, he would be suspended for Boro away - where he may be needed .
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

the pink palermo wrote:
If Nolan plays against Derby and gets a yellow, he would be suspended for Boro away - where he may be needed .
If That is your reason for "dropping" Nolan for the Derby game, then I am afraid I am going to have to pull out the liar liar pants on fire card. :D

I will make no bones about it, we play are playing with, in effect, 10 players at home. A place on the bench might do him a bit of good.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Sweeney Bod wrote: If That is your reason for "dropping" Nolan for the Derby game, then I am afraid I am going to have to pull out the liar liar pants on fire card. :D
Busted .I know it was thin , but thought it may take longer than 10 minutes to be rumbled .
jimcollins65

Post by jimcollins65 »

Fancy a two nil hammers win. Nothing fancy or spectacular but another 3 points. Just a note on the attendance for this game. As its live on sky i'm guessing this will affect the number of people who otherwise might fancy coming to watch the game live. Why dont the club reduce the ticket prices or do one their family special rates? Unless of course its gonna be a near full house in which case everybody's happy !
HA5 Hammer

Post by HA5 Hammer »

Derby's two top scorers Steve Davies and Theo Robinson (ex Millwall) are both out injured. From what my Derby supporting mate tells me, Maguire and Bennett, their replacements, aren't exactly pulling up any trees, and they're trying to get another striker on loan as a matter of urgency
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

the pink palermo wrote:Derby County after going off like a two bob rocket have struggled in the last 6 weeks or so , whilst we have steadily acculmulated points - especially away from home .

Please not Sears. :oops:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Got to use the squad .Keep them fresh, hungry and interested .I was tempted to play him up front alongside Baldock, but that would have been harsh on Cole .
beckton

Post by beckton »

jimcollins65 wrote: Why dont the club reduce the ticket prices or do one their family special rates?

They have.
jimcollins65

Post by jimcollins65 »

They have.[/quote]
True its a free fixture for youth academy members and theres a good deal if you book for the next three home games but i meant a special deal for adults and kids when the games are live on sky. The game against bristol city was half priced and if the attendance is hit by the game being shown live on sky reducing the prices for these games on tv might entice people to come and watch the game live rather than watching it at home or at the pub. Not sure what affect sky will have on a game like this but just a thought
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

0-0 and sky won't put us on again this season
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

I cannot stomach Faubert at right back. Get O'Brien or Demel at RB and push Faubert onto RM. Taylor back at LM and we have a bit of width.

NOLAN OUT and Collison in the middle with Noble just behind him.

----------------------------Green---------------------------
Demel/O'Brien---Tomkins---Faye---McCartney

Faubert-------Collison-------Noble-------Taylor

------------------Baldock---------Carew---------------

Subs: Stech, Demel/O'Brien, Nolan, Diop, Cole

Playing Baldock up top with Carew will help him massively. Cole does deserve to start and should start really but I would keep him as an impact half time substitute. For me has won us the last two games by coming on fresh in the second half and for now I would say more of the same please Carlton.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Pop Robson wrote:0-0 and sky won't put us on again this season
God job I just read this post. Had know idea it was on Sky and a 17:20 kick off [If any KUMB admins read this you may want to edit your match time on the home page by 10 minutes]

I'd have rolled up for a 3pm KO otherwise haha!
Leishy77
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Leishy77 »

Coming down from Scotland with a few mates for the game.

It will be the first time one of them have been to see the Hammers. Duncan's for some Pie n Mash, a "few" pre-match pints in the Duke of Edinburgh then out in the bright lights of Romford after the game to celebrate our victory!!!

P.S. does anybody know if there are any decent bands playing at the Bitter End at the weekend?
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Think BFS mentioned that Cole has earned a starting place for this one.

O'Brien--------Tomkins----Faye--------McCartney

------------------Baldock---------Cole---------------

Subs: Stech, Demel, Nolan, Diop, Carew

3-1. Noble penalty, Baldock & Cole. Derby to peg us back at 2-1 and Cole to finish them off on the counter.

:crest:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

All matches since Blackpool away have been stressful or a slog or just plain jammy (smattered all over with some lovely stuff)! They have not been good for the heart. Coventry was suppose to be a fun day out! I mean - second from the top v bottom second - come on, will ya!

I see no reason why Derby at HOME will be a 3 or 4 nil experience. I celebrate those hammers who continuosly predict these wonderful scorelines and would love to have some of wht thy are on, but we are in a certain type of West Ham way type of mode at the moment.

Derby on a slide at the moment - where typically usual to stop that sort of thing?

I will take another and another and another jamy, crappy, solid, awful 1 nil win any time - but please WHU - give us a great day out soon.... please!!!
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Nolan being one yellow away from a ban. I wonder if he'll be out of the Boro game on Tuesday after this game :think:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

the pink palermo wrote:If Nolan plays against Derby and gets a yellow, he would be suspended for Boro away - where he may be needed .
Would certainly give Sam the excuse, if he was looking to give his captain a "rest". Could be a good game to take a look at Collison in his rightful position
wizzo_66 wrote:Think BFS mentioned that Cole has earned a starting place for this one.

Exactly the line up I'd pick (subs and all!)
The only dilemma being do you start with Carlton, or bring him on 2nd half
Cornet

Post by Cornet »

the pink palermo"]If Nolan plays against Derby and gets a yellow, he would be suspended for Boro away - where he may be needed

Would certainly give Sam the excuse, if he was looking to give his captain a "rest". Could be a good game to take a look at Collison in his rightful position[quote="wizzo_66"]Think BFS mentioned that Cole has earned a starting place for this one.

Exactly the line up I'd pick (subs and all!)
The only dilemma being do you start with Carlton, or bring him on 2nd half

Spot on and I'd be inclined to start CC from the off.