West Ham Utd 1 Burnley 2 (03/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

riksdodgydeals

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by riksdodgydeals »

I wouldnt be suprised to see demel come into cb for tomka who is not a certainty and joey back to rb

i'd start 442 with nolan off piq and bring cole on 2nd half personally but i'm sure sam will stick with nolan in cm
ottsands
Doesn't Mind Sharing
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by ottsands »

Cole to start please.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

My predicted line up and prediction 3-1 win for us Cole 2 Nolan with the other.

...................Green................................

O'Brien.......Tomkins..........Faye.....GMc...

...........................Diop....................

..Faubert....... ....Noble.............Taylor......

...........................Nolan........................

...........................Cole............................
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

As above /\ but with Demel instead of JoB :thup:
Avram's Lucky Scarf

Post by Avram's Lucky Scarf »

Hammer83 wrote:My predicted line up and prediction 3-1 win for us Cole 2 Nolan with the other.

...................Green................................

O'Brien.......Tomkins..........Faye.....GMc...

...........................Diop....................

..Faubert....... ....Noble.............Taylor......

...........................Nolan........................

...........................Cole............................
Demel for O'Brien snf Collison in for Diop. Burnley wont come and sit back no chance, but that could well be a good thing considering the form and confidence in the side of current.
PTFC Hammer

Post by PTFC Hammer »

Looking forward to this. First game of the season for me. Alarm set for 04:00, leave the house at 05:00. Surely 3 points and a few goals isn't too much to ask for?
Deptford Hammer

Post by Deptford Hammer »

I think this could be a tough game. If they go all out and attack, as they suggest, then I think we will be ok. but I think that could be just hot air. Burnley are in form at the moment. We are not so confident at home, though I think that is turning. We have won 4 on the spin - 5 is a big call. I think there will be goals but I reckon 1-1 or 2-2.....
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

West Ham v Burnley

From The BBC.

Page last updated at 12:24 GMT, Friday, 2 December 2011

Npower Championship
Venue: Upton Park Date: Saturday 3 December Kick-off: 1500 BST Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
TEAM NEWS
John Carew should return for West Ham against Burnley, after missing the midweek win at Middlesbrough to rest a knee injury.

However Sam Baldock faces three weeks out with a hamstring problem.

Marvin Bartley faces a late fitness test for the Clarets after he was substituted against Ipswich on Tuesday, suffering from a tight calf.

Ross Wallace will return from a one-match suspension, but Charlie Austin and Martin Paterson are still out.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• West Ham have won 31 and lost 30 of 77 competitive meetings with Burnley, but in the league, the Clarets hold a 30 wins to 26 advantage, with 16 ending level.

• The Hammers have scored five goals in each of their last two home meetings with Burnley; 5-1 in the fifth round of the FA Cup last February, and 5-3 in the Premier League in November 2009.

• Burnley have won one of their last nine league clashes with the Hammers, and their 1-0 top-flight triumph in October 1973 was their only maximum in 21 visits to Upton Park (all comps).

West Ham United

• Second placed West Ham, two points off the pace, are top of the Championship's "form" table and bidding for a fifth successive league win.

• Victory would not only give the Hammers their longest winning league sequence since February 2006, it would also take their tally of points accrued at Upton Park to 20 and equal the total gained at home in the whole of last season.

• Sam Allardyce is managing the meanest defence in the Championship, with 15 goals shipped in 19 games, which includes nine clean sheets.

Burnley

• Burnley have scored a total of seven goals in winning their last two, and are endeavouring to complete three successive league victories for the first time since April.

• They have only managed two clean sheets in this league campaign, but went on to win both matches, including the 4-0 midweek crushing of Ipswich.

• At 34 years of age, Eddie Howe is the youngest manager in the Championship. In 57 year old Sam Allardyce, Howe is facing the oldest in the division.

The history books and current form are in our favour. I still have something against Carew for some reason. he just never seems to try especially after he has lost the ball and I can't bring myself to like his style of play for us. No doubt, he will be starting though for us. I wonder if Cole or Sears or Piq will be partnering ? We have a good defense of late but with Burnley scoring 7 in the last two, Tomkins will have to sharpen up a bit and be on his toes along with the rest of the defense. It could have been tricky recently but for some good saves from Greene.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Here's the 3 Points.. :thup:

hemelite

Post by hemelite »

I'm on CC 1st goal and 2-0 @ 23/1 with skybet

COYI :crest:
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

why do some people want piq starting over CC?
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

steveyrockstar wrote:why do some people want piq starting over CC?
Because he is our very own Super Sub :wink:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Hammersmith and City line is tits up.
Anyone who usually hops on it at scouse street i suggest getting the central line to stratford, jubilee to west ham then the district line to upton park.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

PTFC Hammer wrote:Looking forward to this. First game of the season for me. Alarm set for 04:00, leave the house at 05:00. Surely 3 points and a few goals isn't too much to ask for?
Fair play mate, that's what you call dedication!

Enjoy the game.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Just had a peek at a Burnley forum, some split opinions over there, they're worried about our mean defence but feel Junior -after hitting form lately- might hurt us. They mostly think a point would be superb, and think they can do it
If Bristol City can do it then so can we!
Some of them also think that because they beat Ipswich, who beat us, they will beat us... I think they're quietly confident going into this one, I hope their team and manager are too, if they come and attack us I think we have more chance of winning, without Little Sam, breaking past the team bus would be difficult, -although they have only kept two cleansheets this season- so let's hope they don't park it. Their match preview has highlights Carlton as the danger man, and rightfully so on his recent form, hopefully he can grab his 50th Hammers goal!

I'm hoping for another Blackpool, but it could easily be a Peterborough or Bristol City.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

We have a very different side out today, to the ones we had in November 2009 and February 2011. However, we are going into this game on a high, which we did not have in 2009 or 2011.

I think we can win it, and I hope we do!
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 499 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Come on West Ham. Let's start December like we finished November. Winning games. 2-1 home win for me. :crest:
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Risked it as Taylor scoring first in a 2-0 win. 60/1 on Skybet.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

West Ham United: Green, O'Brien, Tomkins, Faye, McCartney, Noble, Nolan, Collison, Faubert, Taylor, Cole

Subs: Stech, Demel, Diop, Piquionne, Carew

Only Demel not in from my prediction! Hopefully my score prediction will come as well, this looks to be a true 4-3-3 like we played in the second half at Derby, Noble, Nolan and Collison in the middle which is good to see!
Last edited by thejackhammer on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

West Ham team:

Green, O'Brien, Tomkins, Faye, McCartney, Noble, Nolan, Collison, Faubert, Taylor, Cole

Subs: Stech, Demel, Diop, Piquionne, Carew

Shame Demel is on the bench but understandable considering his lenghty lay off, Carew back aswell.