West Ham Utd 1 Burnley 2 (03/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by -DL- »

Was me birfday yesterday, had almost a KUMB free day apart from answering a couple of PM's. Busy with work this morning. I will get round to it later. Impatient git. :lol:
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like

Post by wizzo_66 »

Cannot wait for this one. All moved in now so I'm heading to the Boleyn for my first game of the season having only made the South Coast away trips so far. Got my tickets for Barnsley and Coventry too so fingers crossed for a good Christmas and New Year for the hammers.

-----------------Green----------------------
Demel--Faye--Tomkins--McCartney

------------------Noble-----------------------
-----Collison--------------Nolan----------

Faubert----------------------------Taylor
-------------------Cole-----------------------

I think (and hope) we'll line up like that but Cole could quite easily be Piq or Carew. I do think that Cole had a decent enough rest in on Tuesday to start though, and expect Big Sam to put faith in the big man and let's hope he gets his 50th for us!

Will be a tough game, Burnley are no mugs. Think we can win this 3-1 on the counter attack in the second half. 1-1 at half time. Cole, Collison and Taylor with the goals. :crest:
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Any reason why no one's suggesting to give Sears a start in Baldocks absence ? At home we should really try and play with two strikers, so why not play Sears with either Piquionne, Cole or Carew, see how it works out and then maybe change it to 4-5-1 after halftime if need be.

Give Sears a chance to play in his natural position as a striker, who knows ? He may turn out as a Baldock in disguise.
At least he gives us some pace and I could well imagine the little fella being a nuisance running rings around all those Burnley defenders...
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

This will be a tough game. Last time we played them Eagles tore us apart in the last half hour but they don't have anyone as creative this time. Zavon and Junior both have a point to prove and it is the West Ham way to let our past players score past us.

I'm going for a 2-1 win. Cole, Nolan. Stanislas.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

HamburgHammer wrote:Any reason why no one's suggesting to give Sears a start in Baldocks absence ? At home we should really try and play with two strikers, so why not play Sears with either Piquionne, Cole or Carew, see how it works out and then maybe change it to 4-5-1 after halftime if need be.

Give Sears a chance to play in his natural position as a striker, who knows ? He may turn out as a Baldock in disguise.
At least he gives us some pace and I could well imagine the little fella being a nuisance running rings around all those Burnley defenders...

I agree, for the benefit of Cole as much as anything else. And I think Sears deserves a chance in his preferred position. After all, he hasn't had many...
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

After our good results of late, this is the typical game that West Ham are likely to lose. I'm going to predict 0-1 for this one.
wizzo_66

Post by wizzo_66 »

HamburgHammer wrote:Any reason why no one's suggesting to give Sears a start in Baldocks absence ? At home we should really try and play with two strikers, so why not play Sears with either Piquionne, Cole or Carew, see how it works out and then maybe change it to 4-5-1 after halftime if need be.

Baldock's individual performance aside in the first 20 minutes, we don't seem to play well at 4-4-2. Nolan becomes a passenger and Collison drifts too far inside. I for one, would love to see Sears get a chance in his natural position, but I think we're playing the 4-3-3 system far too well at the moment to warrant changing.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

3-1 to the hammers, Cole with 2 and Matty Taylor. Stanislas consolation..
Faubert's Boot
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

gonna go 2-1 to us for this, we'll go 2-0 up, burnley will put on some late pressure, get a goal but don't do near enough :thup:
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Yea Why Not wrote: He's a lazy c*** though. It's Thursday and we're still without a match preview
Being carried by the workhorses putting up those pretty tactics...but then in the position he plays, the uplift he gives the lads (mentally), and the fact he keeps scoring, I reckon we let him get away with it... :wink:
PTFC Hammer

Post by PTFC Hammer »

This will be my first game of the season. Cannot wait for this.

4-1 West Ham.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

sjb958 wrote:After our good results of late, this is the typical game that West Ham are likely to lose. I'm going to predict 0-1 for this one.
Yes this is the typical game, but Middlesbrough away was a typical game I'd expect us to lose, had Newcastle last season written all over it but Big Sam is changing the typical of what we think West Ham should do this season, I predict a 3-0 :thup:
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

3-1. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Olliek92 »

RyanWHUFC wrote:
Yes this is the typical game, but Middlesbrough away was a typical game I'd expect us to lose, had Newcastle last season written all over it but Big Sam is changing the typical of what we think West Ham should do this season, I predict a 3-0
Middlesbrough away had 5-0 all over it? Really? :shock:
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Middlesbrough away had 5-0 all over it? Really?
No not in that context, not 5-0 but we were away to a team who hadn't lost at home, my point was if this was the same typical West Ham of old we'd probably have lost, not 5-0, but I think we would have lost.
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

-----------------Green
Demel---Tomkins--Faye--Linda
Faubert--Noble--Nolan-----Taylor
------------Piq----------Cole

Subs:Stech, Collison, Sears, Carew, O´Brien

If Carew is out, Diop on the bench
Av it

Post by Av it »

4-2 to the Irons! :crest:
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

3 - 3 all thriller i reckon, any money stan scores
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

riksdodgydeals wrote:3 - 3 all thriller i reckon, any money stan scores
What odds would you like? all monies to the Great Ormond street fund.