West Ham Utd 1 Burnley 2 (03/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by sjb958 »

It's not that I would rather us lose, it's just that it was all pointing towards a loss today IMO and instead of being pissed off if/when we lose, winning £50 softens the blow somewhat. Of course I would rather see us win but I just knew we wouldn't today...
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

We lost this game because DL failed to write up a match preview. His lack of effort has cost us big time
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

This Forum is special, no doubt about it.. :lol:
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Shame not to take advantage of another great weekend of clubs around us dropping points but there you go. I guess it could have been worse where other clubs around us all picked up points on us but they didn't.
Oldun
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

How the the f*** did we lose such a one sided game as that?
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Sweeney Bod wrote:Just having a beer after the game.it was like the Bristol game, just not our day.cant fault the overall performance, just did not have the killer touch or luck in front of goal
sums it up perfectly.
Muddy
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Muddy »

this back injury is news to me mate.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

We are WHU.

We have a tradition to uphold.

And going on a clinical run of winning consistently ain't gonna happen. It is in the DNA, and BFS is not going to change that probably ever and certainly not in a few months.

Disappointing result but we have had a good spell and some games which broke in our favour. Today went the other way. Reading the reports it sounds like on another day we could have won. It is not a science.

A pox on Cardiff.
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

It's great to be positive but it seems that every chance we have to get top spot we fail, we have done brilliantly so far this season but I hate to think that come the end of the season we will lack the cutting edge, very poor result today and by judging by this performance it looks like were gonna make it hard for ourselves to get promoted. But COYI im always proud to be a West Ham fan!
Oldun
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

At least my Grandson had his photo in the programme.
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Couldn't believe some of the things ai heard coming out of the ground. 'we have been found out now' 'if we can't beat burnley we can't call ourselves title hopefuls'.

Do me a favour,it was frustrating but just one of them days where the ball wouldn't go in the net. Nolan's goal was superb and a goal like that was the only way we would score today. 2 sloppy goals conceeded but thought we were better team overall.

Just move on to next week. It's a marathon not a sprint. :crest:
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Just one thing though, im still positive but everyone saying its allright Southampton lost, who cares about them! I'm only focusing on our results.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

I hope the purists liked it today

Complete domination, not being clinical and conceding two headers, we played the West Ham way today :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

hammer2192 wrote:Just one thing though, im still positive but everyone saying its allright Southampton lost, who cares about them! I'm only focusing on our results.
Of course, but it's good they lost as they didn't move 5 points away from us which they would have done if they had won..
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

Not quite sure how we lost that one. A very one sides game, the only chances I remember burnley having we're the first goal, the long ranger from greens poor kick, the shot that green parried which led to there second and their second goal.

On another day we could have won that comfortably by 3 or 4 but for poor misses by Nolan first half and jack second half when he hit the post, and some poor decision making by piq in the final 3rd aswell as poor marking for both their headers.

Thought nolan had a good game but cole was very hit and miss. Faubett battled hard and good to see him always chase back when he loses the ball. The decision to play long balls in the air to him is ridiculous. The guy has proved he is useless in the air. His free header that he fluffed second half proved that.

Dissappointing result but if we continue to perform like that we'll be fine.
Bobby Orangeboom

17 years of hurt wrote:Thought nolan had a good game but cole was very hit and miss. Faubett battled hard and good to see him always chase back when he loses the ball.
Slowly but surely he'll turn into LBM, i'm convinced of it..
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Just got back and honestly can't believe we lost, we played the better football, had more possession, much more attempts on goal, it just wasn't going to be today, was gutted that the post denied us twice. I felt the goals we gave away were a bit soft today but just one of them days. Nolan's goal was nice and I thought he had a good game today. Atmosphere wasn't all that today, went mad in the TBL for 2-3 minutes after Nolan scored but all in all thought the atmosphere was flat today and don't think the attendance was very good, did they announce it and I missed it or did they just not announce it?
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

Allardyce - "If they played open attacking football I would say they deserved the win"

oooh the irony :lol:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:This Forum is special, needs no doubt about it.. :lol:

fixed for you ....
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Ironically I thought we played some of our best football in the first half, kept the ball down and started where we'd left off in Boro.

Further proof that we need a second striker, esp at home. Had Baldy been fit, fairly sure we would have won that.

Not enough people giving credit to Burnley - thought they played really well.