Reading 3 West Ham Utd 0 (10/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Reading vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Romford »

hornsey wrote:It was disrespectful what Kebe did but if it were on the otherhand and say Faubert or Piq did it i think people on here would hold them up as 'club legends'
move on.
Both of them would miss their socks and fall over...

They wouldn't do it...end of.

IMHO
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Any news of Demel ??

Obviously wasn't fit to play the game.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

maybe a firerey italian we used to have woul then.....

i seem to remember him turning Keown being applauded and then unnecesaraly turning him again in the same move at UP years ago.
anyway, my point....it happens footballers are dicks...move on.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote: All this bad stuff about Jack...last few games he's been our best player.
I've missed the last 3 games for reasons you are aware of,so I haven't seen Jacks performance in those , but I did see his sending off yesterday on the interwebby thing and thought he had a rush of blood to the head and was a bit of a muppet .No real harm done, the game was gone long before ....

He does however have the ability to make bursting runs into the oppositions box, and get into great scoring positions , something he has demonstrated time and again since returning from injury at the end of last season .

He's gradually getting fitter ,and if played in his correct position at the tip of a diamond midfield , would be bloody fanstatic .

Above all he needs to get games under his belt as he has already missed too much development time due to injury .No way should the Arsenal lad get games ahead of him .
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

Hey, don't worry guys. Seems like yesterday was a mirage or something, as according to whufc site at the moment, We actually drew nil nil! :raver: http://www.whufc.com/page/FixturesResul ... 62,00.html

December
Sat 3 15:00 H Burnley FLC L 1-2 26,274
Sat 10 15:00 A Reading FLC D 0-0 24,026
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Great turn out again, the pub outside the station was full of west ham as early as half ten.

I hate these grounds that are so remote that you have to bus in and out, that along with the way the game panned out was part of the reason for so many fans leaving early.

No surprise to see the team sheet. Sam will not play Cole in that lone/central striker role. He prefers him as either an impact sub or one of two strikers.

Important to remember we have Taylor Oneil and Lansbury all out plus we lost Bentley too. 4 big players for this division really and with Baldock missing too, selection is limited.

Sam would no doubt argue that it was all going to plan until the 1st sending off. Nothing to that point had suggested that we would not get a point at least.

Joey was stupid to pick up two yellows so soon after each other but we still should have had enough about us to see it through.

2nd sending off was justified in every sense IMO. Jack was right to react that way and the Ref was right to send him off. I think the ref could have stopped it all though by booking the piss taking **** as soon as he was un sporting in the first place.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

hornsey wrote:maybe a firerey italian we used to have woul then.....

i seem to remember him turning Keown being applauded and then unnecesaraly turning him again in the same move at UP years ago.
anyway, my point....it happens footballers are dicks...move on.
Turning someone is a bit different to stop, pulling your socks up, and laughing at the player though, isn't it?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

upton girlie wrote: See, there are benefits to living in Miami
Yes - not being able to hear Heaven 17 ( or as Peter Powell used to say , Heaven one seven :lol: ) would be one of them .

I'll give you Barry White though - always great having him blasting one out on the way from the football .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

The Gibbins wrote: On another note I still have issues with this Nolan, he goes missing far too often. He has scored goals so i'm not complaining there but you could argue we started with 10 men yesterday. His first touch was shocking the three times he received the ball and he couldn't make a 5 yard pass.
But what about his captaincy , his ability to inspire others around him - some of whom are "growing" as a result ............ :lol:

Payback by Pardew I reckon .
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Romford wrote:
In September he was apparently a World Beater on here....
Agreed some of the posts were OTT at that time but he's a good player and we need all the players we can get at the moment. I made the point earlier and don't see why he can't start with Collison rather then them two fighting for one position. Rather than have some big strong men in midfield to break things down we could always use Collison, Noble and Lansbury in the same midfield.

I don't see why we had to play Diop yesterday, our midfield should more then dominate without a massive man in there to break things down. He was shocking as well, he's a strong b*stard but give him the ball and its like watching the worst kid in the playground.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I want to know what Diop was doing at corners ??

Our biggest player was obviously told to get out the penalty area when we were defending ...

Explain that one BFS Headbanger
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

the pink palermo wrote:Yes - not being able to hear Heaven 17 ( or as Peter Powell used to say , Heaven one seven :lol: ) would be one of them .
I'll give you Barry White though - always great having him blasting one out on the way from the football .
I dunno, singing along to 'Temptation' felt quite apt on the journey back from Reading last night...

I've never been closer
I've tried to understand
That certain feeling
Carved by another's hand
But it's too late to hesitate
We can't keep on living like this
Leave no track
Don't look back

Leave me alone now Image
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by upton girlie »

And Romford...Get off here and go and enjoy your birthday :thup:
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

I just dont understnad where all this "we are the best team in the league so we should win every game" idea comes from.

Bar Green and Nolan, yesterdays team was made up of players that hadnt played at all for the last 2 years and pretty average players.
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

Turning someone is a bit different to stop, pulling your socks up, and laughing at the player though, isn't it?[/quote]

why is that any different, some would say a joke but its still arrogant...still taking the piss.
not defending Kebe but if it would have been one of ours...we would have applauded
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Romford wrote:I want to know what Diop was doing at corners ??

Our biggest player was obviously told to get out the penalty area when we were defending ...

Explain that one BFS Headbanger
Found that strange aswell. Also how about leaving at least 1 bloke up when defending corners so when the ball does come out it doesn't instantly get returned back and we have an outlet.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

hornsey wrote:
why is that any different, some would say a joke but its still arrogant...still taking the piss.
not defending Kebe but if it would have been one of ours...we would have applauded
Speak for yourself.

If it was someone taking somebody on then yes, but if they were to stop and pull their socks up, or pretend to tie their shoe laces, or something similar, I would not be amused.
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

hammerdivone wrote:Some reading Chav threw a bottle which hit one of ours, and we made sure he was pointed out to the stewards/old bill as he tried to leg it, little c***! :twisted:
You must of been right near me.

I saw the bottle fly over and hit some bloke on the loaf and the bloke behind me pointed him out to everyone around us.Made me laugh that the muggy **** made for the exit sharpish and all the stewards rush up to us at the top to calm us down and let him get away. And then some steward had the cheek to say 'well we have seen a lighter thrown from your fans' oh yeah,cos a little lighter is gonna do the same damage as a half full bottle of beer.
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

well to be honest, he was a twat but at least by pulling his socks up and showing everyone he had time to do it raised the point there was no one closing him down or within 15 yards of him.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

upton girlie wrote:And Romford...Get off here and go and enjoy your birthday :
I knew you'd get me back...

TY hun :lol: