Reading 3 West Ham Utd 0 (10/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Re: Reading vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Hammer Matty »

Just had another look on their site

Apparently we are the worst fans in the league bar none, I immediately closed the page

A lot of people left early, I'd say mainly down to their **** stadium being so far away from their **** town and for them having a **** bus service.

However, those of us who stayed till the final whistle still outsung them, took the piss out of their shitty goal music and took the piss out of their fans, especially the guy in the suit type jacket in the west upper

Reading fans calling us worst fans in the league :lol: statistics speak for themselves.
MarshyWHU

Post by MarshyWHU »

Hammer Matty wrote: A lot of people left early, I'd say mainly down to their sh*t stadium being so far away from their sh*t town and for them having a sh*t bus service.
Precisely, i think that they forget 4,000 odd West Ham were trying to get a train back at the same time. Would never leave early at a game but can see why people did, was left still shouting our hearts out at the final whistle. The bus's back were an ABSOLUTE piss take though, took about an hour and a bit just to get on one. Speaking to one of the security birds and she said it was purely cos of how many we'd taken and normally it's nowhere near as bad as what it was.

Thought we sounded pretty decent, especially second half with Claret & Blue army going on for about 25 minutes. Reading are hands down worse support i've seen all season, ****ing embarrassed for them.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

MarshyWHU wrote:
Precisely, i think that they forget 4,000 odd West Ham were trying to get a train back at the same time. Would never leave early at a game but can see why people did, was left still shouting our hearts out at the final whistle. The bus's back were an ABSOLUTE piss take though, took about an hour and a bit just to get on one. Speaking to one of the security birds and she said it was purely cos of how many we'd taken and normally it's nowhere near as bad as what it was.

Thought we sounded pretty decent, especially second half with Claret & Blue army going on for about 25 minutes. Reading are hands down worse support i've seen all season, f***ing embarrassed for them.
Buses were terrible, we were waiting for one to come for about 20 minutes, 'the atmosphere was still very good at the end IMO, as soon as the third went in we sort of turned from anger to laughter and started enjoying ourselves and taking the piss instead of shouting at the team

No idea why I'm still up, guess its due to how funny the Reading fans are

I will end it saying though, Blackburn today took 363 fans I think it was to Sunderland, Huge credit to those who made the trip to Middlesbrough, on a Tuesday night, taking 1500 was it?.. shittest support.. :lol:
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

After a couple of days to digest Saturdays result/performance I have decided that its better to have a 'mad day' against the likes of Reading than one of our more serious rivals such as Millwall. Sh*t usually comes in 3's so I have decided that Demel getting an injury early doors, O'Brien being a twat and Collison getting sent off (although rightly so in my opinion after seeing their player pull his socks up and down taking the pi*s so he deserved a clump) then thats the 3 bad things out the way for a while I hope. Maybe I'm just kidding myself?...

Anyway back to business on Saturday against Barnsley. 3-0 Irons. :crest:
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Thought we sounded pretty decent, especially second half with Claret & Blue army going on for about 25 minutes. Reading are hands down worse support i've seen all season, f***ing embarrassed for them.
That was brilliant mate.
A lot of people left early, I'd say mainly down to their sh*t stadium being so far away from their sh*t town and for them having a sh*t bus service.
Yep, I thought that was really annoying being so far away from the train station and that's why loads left early.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Mate, next time you go an away game on your own just PM me. I go most away games with a couple peopleso you can always meet up with us for a few pints. Same to you aswell EugeneSpeed.
Will do mate cheers for that. :thup:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

That was rubbish :lol:

Depressing ground, depressing fans.
We played very poorly and the whole day was just frustrating. Both reds fully deserved.

I got a few glances when I was outspoken about applauding the stupid Jack Collison off the pitch.

"Why the f*** is everyone clapping Jack Collison?!" I says rather vehemently.

Got a couple of dirty looks and murmurs towards me.

2 seconds later, cross from resulting free kick swung in, 3rd goal to kill game.

I start *clapping*: "yeah, well done Jack... nice one mate, ****ing bravo"

No murmurs.

Nothing to do with the above incident, but I get more and more fed up of sitting around utter planks.
Just reinforces my reasons as to why I just can't be ****ed with it so often.
Last edited by rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I dont know how they have the cheek to slate us for leaving early when their fans were doing the exact same thing. That grounds an absolute nightmare and while we were getting thrashed, had 9 men and no hope of winning i thought it was best to leave with about 10 minutes left and it still took ****ing ages to get out :lol:
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I feel the same as you Stepney, Saturday put me right off of football for the rest of the weekend. Couldn't even be bothered to watch El Classico.

On Monday morning we are still second and still fancy us to go up. As I have always said with West Ham, a dreadful performance and bad defeat is always hiding around the corner.

I have only ever left a game early three times in 45 years and that is twice at Reading!!

I did not see that happening in the second half. I thought we would step up a gear and win the game.

O'Brien's stupidity made it harder and Jack's lack of professionalism meant we were doomed.

I'm with you RARS I said loudly 'What are you clapping the f***ing idiot for!' and got a few looks. A good pro would not have did what he did and do in front of the officials. A good pro would have waited and taken him out when the moment was right and had a word in his ear.

We are the only team I know who could concede goals directly from the free kicks that resulted in sending offs - can you imagine our lot punishing the opposition for the same?

Do Noble, Collison and Nolan have a pact that they all have to play well or badly at the same time?

Reading killed us with pace and although we held out, once O'Brien went off we lost Faubert as our only player who actually tried to take players on. Our lack of pace will lose us games if the opposition have it down the flanks.

Ironic we took Diop off to try and win the game, but the events that followed we might have snatched a point if he had stayed on.

A bad day all round - at least Ipswich's result cheered me up.
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:"Why the f*** is everyone clapping Jack Collison?!" I says rather vehemently.

Got a couple of dirty looks and murmurs towards me.

2 seconds later, cross from resulting free kick swung in, 3rd goal to kill game.

I start *clapping*: "yeah, well done Jack... nice one mate, f***ing bravo"

No murmurs.

Nothing to do with the above incident, but I get more and more fed up of sitting around utter planks.
Just reinforces my reasons as to why I just can't be f***ed with it so often.
I clapped Collison off, partly because I hadn't really seen what had happened, partly because he played ok and ran his socks off. Don't really know why that makes me a plank to be honest....

Let's be honest though, the game was killed off before Collison saw red!
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Quality :clap: He was a grade A muppet!!
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

Away average attendances thus far in 2011/12:

WHU: 3,274
Reading: 758
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Their Forum seemed alright to be honest.

"Socks up Mother Brown" is quite innovative.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote:Away average attendances thus far in 2011/12:

WHU: 3,274
Reading: 758
That's not a surprised there main retort seemed to be just shouting shi- after every one of our chants, was like being ten again and somebody copying everything you say to try and be funny.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

You can see why we had SO many problems with them half a dozen years ago...

They have a dig at us for arrogance...yet everything anyone says on there is so thick with it is laughable.

We had to report some of these mugs to the Plod back then...and every single one who was giving it the charlie potatoes on here ended up being a right nigel.

Plastic club...with tight Chelsea fans as STHs....who don't follow their team anywhere.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Nothing to do with the above incident, but I get more and more fed up of sitting around utter planks.
Just reinforces my reasons as to why I just can't be f***ed with it so often.
What was the most enjoyable thing of the game then fella ?

Essex bill wrote:Don't really know why that makes me a plank to be honest...
As clearly stated, I distanced the 'planks' comment from the Collison incident.

Romford wrote:What was the most enjoyable thing of the game then fella ?
Not much, to be honest.

The atmosphere in our end was ok in spells. Collison played ok, Tomkins done ok.

Other than that, I can't take much away from what was one of the most un-enjoyable games I've seen in a while.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Romford wrote:
What was the most enjoyable thing of the game then fella ?
Sorry to interrupt but there was a moment of stunning ineptitude in the second half.

Somebody had an awful shot (may have been Collison) that ended up falling to Piquionne standing yards offside. He proceeded to volley it sideways.

You had to be there :D

To be fair, he done that on purpose. Whimsically flapped at the ball, as he knew he was onside.

Not saying he wouldn't have whimsically flapped at the ball if he was onside, but, you know.... :lol: