Reading 3 West Ham Utd 0 (10/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Re: Reading vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by irving boleyn »

I suggest those kind of "magic moments" are only appreciated in retrospect,Hockley.

I don't expect you gasped with delight at the time.
hammersam

Post by hammersam »

Im sorry but I cant see how Collison had a ok game.... he ran around like a headless chicken alot but with no real thought.
We should also 100% appeal the 3 match ban as it was no worse then rooneys!

We was all round shocking....accept tomkins and faye we never looked worth a point.

I put it down as a bad day and every team has a bad day....look at spuds up at stoke.

And as for their fans it was a joke....all they did was change the words too songs we had just sung lol and when the boot lickers sung 1 - 0 to the QPR it was embarrasing. Do they have a brain cell between them?

I didnt see them churp up much after the game?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
Not much, to be honest.

The atmosphere in our end was ok in spells. Collison played ok, Tomkins done ok.

Other than that, I can't take much away from what was one of the most un-enjoyable games I've seen in a while.
So watching Jack doing some bloke who think's he's Maradona but plays for Plastic Fc was one of the high points ??

Was mine

Already looking forward to them coming to The Boleyn
Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by Kentish Hammer »

If Julian Dicks had done that 15 years ago we would be loving it.

For the record, I loved it anyway.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Collison taking out that **** was no doubt the highlight of that match as far as we were concerned
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Hockley Hammer wrote:
Sorry to interrupt but there was a moment of stunning ineptitude in the second half.

Somebody had an awful shot (may have been Collison) that ended up falling to Piquionne standing yards offside. He proceeded to volley it sideways.

You had to be there
When was that ??

I left at the 2nd...

I was still getting over the defensive decision to move Diop out of the penalty areas when we defended a corner....what could possibly be the reason behind that :?
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

irving boleyn wrote:I suggest those kind of "magic moments" are only appreciated in retrospect,Hockley.

I don't expect you gasped with delight at the time.
No, you are quite right - There was a lot of abuse at the time, but on reflection that and Ian Harte's first corner were little rays of sunshine on a very dark afternoon.

I have always prefered a good comedy to a good drama.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Granted jack is a professional footballer and all, but most of us would have reacted in a similar fashion.

That Kebe is a ****ing ****.
hammersam

Post by hammersam »

Romford wrote:When was that ??

I left at the 2nd...

I was still getting over the defensive decision to move Diop out of the penalty areas when we defended a corner....what could possibly be the reason behind that :?
I spotted that in the game and astonished me biggest lump in the league and hes not in the box!!!

Ive always wondered why we dont leave 2 up against these teams as they would have to leave 3 back! And I'm sure Tomkins, Faye, Diop, Nolan etc. should be stronger in the air then most teams
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

A thoroughly disappointing day.

The O’Brien red card was a game changer, galactically stupid.

Don’t blame Jack for what he did, just a shame that Kebe managed to get up afterwards. He should have launched him into the stand. Anyone that’s played at any decent level would do the same thing … or at least understand the disrespect that was showed. Watched it back yesterday and got quite angry over. Mark that c**** card and make sure he gets chopped at our place.

Never felt we were in any danger, in fact we were in the ascendency until Joey acted like a ****ing retard.

Not for the first time this season – the opposition keeper wouldn’t of needed a shower after the game. Same players being carried, groundhog day without the result. Piq, Nolan and McCartney again were appalling. Worse game I’ve seen rom Noble this season and the normally solid Wardrobe wasn’t himself.

As a Season Ticket holder who applied in Ernest through the PP system, I end up in the 5th row behind the goal. **** view compelled by fans ****ing off our home-grown.

Got to the ground 10 mins late as the wanky bus situation descended into a farce. Left after the 2nd goal.

Special mention to the Reading fans and the band wagon they keep on getting off and on. You don’t turn up all season until West Ham are in town. Quiet until the first goal and then they start giving it the big un.

Anyone hear the rumour about the players being out in Malmaison the night before?

Didn’t get in until 3am, stayed in the O’Neils for the evening.

Crap game and outcome but good time had afterwards
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Romford wrote:So watching Jack doing some bloke who think's he's Maradona but plays for Plastic Fc was one of the high points ??

Was mine

Already looking forward to them coming to The Boleyn
Not for me, no.

He reduced us to 9 men, gave away the free kick that directly lead to their 3rd goal which killed the game off and now he's now going to be suspended for 2-3 games.

I'm all for giving the bloke a clump. Just make it in a 50-50, somewhere else, later in the game and give him some verbal as he gets up, or even in the return fixture, if you have to
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

The Sherriff wrote: Anyone hear the rumour about the players being out in Malmaison the night before?
Heard that they were staying there the night before but were not drinking.

The bar is to ****ing small/**** anyway!
Hockley Hammer

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Romford wrote:
When was that ??

I left at the 2nd...

Maybe he is our quickest player on the counter attack

The events are the second half are a blur. When Cole replaced Diop, I said to my mates here we go, step up a gear and get three points again. What followed was a typical West Ham nightmare. One bad event after another. I left after the third. If we were three up I could excuse Jack, but the position we were in it just finished off twenty minutes of stunning stupidity.

I don't think Jack's actions will prove to be so clever if we struggle in the next three games.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Not for me, no.

He reduced us to 9 men, gave away the free kick that directly lead to their 3rd goal which killed the game off and now he's now going to be suspended for 2-3 games.

I'm all for giving the bloke a clump. Just make it in a 50-50, somewhere else, later in the game and give him some verbal as he gets up, or even in the return fixture, if you have to
The ONLY thing i'd have a go at Jack for was not putting the big headed Slag into Hospital...the game was gone IMHO.

As for the suspension....its like when you get nicked for something that was well worth getting a tug for.

Sometimes its better not to be sneaky....and to to put a message across.

Funny how the Goon Slag said that he wasn't giving it the large...but bought him straight off.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Romford

In general, how do you see tactics going as the game is progressing ????? Do we honestly look like, most of the time we can change it up and force a result ??? Or do the subs merely continue the game plan in the same way ?? Cole came on the other week and changed the game a bit. In general though it seems we bring on different players, but don't seem to change the style of play. Just introduce fresh players into positions for players who might be tiring or not playing the best. I don't see myself us implementing different tactics in order to change the game much at all.

Just merely an observation based on watching on a bloody laptop monitor.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Hockley Hammer wrote:
Maybe he is our quickest player on the counter attack

The events are the second half are a blur. When Cole replaced Diop, I said to my mates here we go, step up a gear and get three points again. What followed was a typical West Ham nightmare. One bad event after another. I left after the third. If we were three up I could excuse Jack, but the position we were in it just finished off twenty minutes of stunning stupidity.

I don't think Jack's actions will prove to be so clever if we struggle in the next three games.
I've seen a broken down bus move quicker than Diop !?

Little had been made about how Plastic Fcs players made a moutain out of every challenge and how bad the first challenge on O'Brien was that he retiliated too. McEnuff didn't even get touched for the 2nd (although it was a daft chgallenge to make).

Just think to how everyone behaved about getting on those buses...usually it would have been ok BUT because of what had happened on the park we just wanted to get home and it was all very heated/aggressive. If it had been early doors Jack would never had done it but he's witnessed their antics for too long and the fuse was lit.

Human nature
Hockley Hammer

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Precisely - I learnt that at fifteen following a sending off for reacting to an off the ball incident. I can still see the coaches face screaming at me from six inches, frothing at the mouth, The lesson - don't get mad on a football pitch - get even.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Romford

In general, how do you see tactics going as the game is progressing ????? Do we honestly look like, most of the time we can change it up and force a result ??? Or do the subs merely continue the game plan in the same way ?? Cole came on the other week and changed the game a bit. In general though it seems we bring on different players, but don't seem to change the style of play. Just introduce fresh players into positions for players who might be tiring or not playing the best. I don't see myself us implementing different tactics in order to change the game much at all.

Just merely an observation based on watching on a bloody laptop monitor.
I said at Coventry that the Boring one was playing with fire...i've seen quite a few very lucky results on the road this season.

The way the team go out away from home has been a problem to me...yet every time i bring it up i just hear " we got the points why worry" caper.

What is the point of playing negative for the 1st half and try and catch an attacking home team on the break ???

Just look at the players we have...

Why only attack a lesser quality player for only 50% of the game ??

Saturday has been coming for a long while IMHO....and 100% of the problem has been the tactics and use of the players available.
Hockley Hammer

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I was joking about Diop :D

I hear what you say about Jack and O'Brien, but to me if you rise to the bait then they have won the day.

There were lots of little things happening like Saturday at Millwall away, because of the situation there the players reacted with a bit more caution. It's easy for the discipline to go and it all falls apart quickly from that moment.

I don't mind one of our players sticking one of the opposition up in the air, but i'd rather it wasn't obvious that it would end in a red card - which was both cases on Saturday.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

It was obviously their cup final...and we didn't turn up. Plastic were v poor until the sending off.

We fell for it on a few occasions when things weren't going well...it happens.

Had we of been playing well..O'Brien wouldn't have reacted how he did and it would have been different.

Thats Life.

I know i was not my normal self when i had a couple of clueless Bus Inspectors after a jobsworth badge.

Had we of played well and not lost a poor game...i wouldn't have reacted how i did to these muppets.