Reading 3 West Ham Utd 0 (10/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Reading vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by EugeneSpeed »

About eight of them, with a couple of older blokes (45ish) who watched on proudly from down the carriage. Couple of them annoying some woman on her own, one turns to me and sneers "You alright mate?". We'd all clearly been to Reading, so I point to my badge and try to engage in some chat about the game. Cut straight down by him saying "Don't show me your f**king badge. I don't know you".

Well, sorry for embarrassing you, Mr ICF Badman. Some scarfer trying to have a chat with you! What WAS I thinking.
cockney boy

Post by cockney boy »

Don't you just love the OS. As well as saying we got a 0 -0 draw yesterday, in the interview with big Sam they say we are playing Burnley again next week. To try and get our revenge eh ? I've got some news for you OS. You can't make up your own results and you can't name your own fixtures. If you could, then we would be in the European champs league. :D
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

EugeneSpeed wrote:About eight of them, with a couple of older blokes (45ish) who watched on proudly from down the carriage. Couple of them annoying some woman on her own, one turns to me and sneers "You alright mate?". We'd all clearly been to Reading, so I point to my badge and try to engage in some chat about the game. Cut straight down by him saying "Don't show me your f**king badge. I don't know you".

Well, sorry for embarrassing you, Mr ICF Badman. Some scarfer trying to have a chat with you! What WAS I thinking.
It's embarrassing mate.You normally see that the mouthier someone is the less they can back it up so the older lot were proble his back up brigade for if someone started on him. Like I've always said,if people wanna run around fighting other little firms from different teams then off you go,but when normal people are on a train going home and you're all West Ham why act like a mug,all you have proved is that you can mouth off to people you think don't wanna fight. Well done you.

Don't let a few idiots put you off mate, I went to the game on my own yesterday and got there much earlier than expected so spent quite a bit of time in the pub and got chatting to 4/5 blokes that were West Ham, happy to talk to me and I was happy to talk to them etc, not everyones like it mate.

Mate, next time you go an away game on your own just PM me. I go most away games with a couple peopleso you can always meet up with us for a few pints. Same to you aswell EugeneSpeed. :thup:
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

I also went alone to the game yesterday, ended up in the pub chatting to some top lads, also met a decent guy who I was standing next to at the game!
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

I will do mate, cheers. Appreciate that. I was with a mate last night and he's a bit of a unit, and he was close to slapping him. It just annoyed me, 'cos one of my favourite things about an away day is chatting to random people, knowing you've got a common point of interest. I've met some right oddballs at games, and you just make an effort, don't you? This little idiot from Wickford, nearly half my age, mugging me off!
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2410 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Bit of over-analysis going on I think.

I thought we were ok yesterday until O'Brien's head went. It wasn't a great performance but personally, I'd have taken a point before the game and I'm sure we'd have got at least that 11 v 11.

The sending off cost us the game. No more, no less....
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Gonna make that my last away game for a bit. Quite enjoyed the day despite the result. Had a skinfull and I thought that the atmosphere was good, but a few things really hacked me off, like the group of 'fellow fans' who decided to c**t me off for daring to try and chat to them on the tube home.

bloke is a tosser there is no way i would do that to a fellow west ham fan you caught a tosser sadly mate do not let it put you off :thup:
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Romford wrote:Any news of Demel ??

Obviously wasn't fit to play the game.
And after hitting a long ball up the pitch too.....you would have thought that he would be used to doing that now in training.... :wink:

As you say wasn't fit or tried to hit it too hard too early.....I remember doing my groin like that big time years ago.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Time to look on the bright side...just think of the poor Reading fans who have to watch that rubbish every week, have that pi$$ poor support every game and live in that cack place with that muppet Plod.

Now i know why i hate Ricky Gervais SO much 8-)
GreenIron
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Morocco Mole wrote: I thought we were ok yesterday until O'Brien's head went....
I thought we were absolute **** from start to finish. :D

Don't really blame Joey. The first yellow was cos he reacted to a tosser who came right through him. Given his own history and having just seen Demel stretchered off, you can see what was going through his mind. But still, yes, it was unprofessional. But the second one wasn't a card. He mistimed the tackle after a nice bit of work by the 2 Reading players. No big deal and with another ref wouldn't have been a card.

Jack was just stupid.

But we didn't lose cos of the 2 reds. We lost cos we couldn't get a ****ing shot on target. Piq up front on his own?! He shouldn't even be on the bench. As somebody else on here has said, SA must be shagging him.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1163 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Romford wrote:One thing thats forgotten...Reading in the first half were shocking.

Had we attacked them with two strikers and got the goal...

All this bad stuff about Jack...last few games he's been our best player.
amen

it was a stupid red card but if piq cared or showed half as much desire as jack did in that moment then we may have actually got something out of the first half. as a midfielder there is nothing more frustrating than working your arse off to get the ball up front to someone who just doesn't seem to compete to keep the ball and it comes straight back at you. sam clearly sees cole as a super sub to bring on when the defense has been worn out a little but piq has had far too many chances
RushdenHammer

Post by RushdenHammer »

I have to agree we were really poor - I don't actually remember a shot on target.

One thing I am not proud of is losing it with a Reading fan who was gobbing off when they scored - never done this in my life but I went out 5 mins early and into the Reading end to put it on him - when he saw me stood in front of him he clearly **** himself and I came to my senses and left before I got lifted - Clearly he was just a bloke out with his wife getting a bit lary for scoring a goal - should have just walked away and got some chips early!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

:lol:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Just like the old days - eh?
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

RushdenHammer wrote:I have to agree we were really poor - I don't actually remember a shot on target.

One thing I am not proud of is losing it with a Reading fan who was gobbing off when they scored - never done this in my life but I went out 5 mins early and into the Reading end to put it on him - when he saw me stood in front of him he clearly sh*t himself and I came to my senses and left before I got lifted - Clearly he was just a bloke out with his wife getting a bit lary for scoring a goal - should have just walked away and got some chips early!
You weren't the person being dragged out from the upper tier was you? :lol:
RushdenHammer

Post by RushdenHammer »

Nah that wasn't me - I was near the bottom - he just got up my f'ing nose giving it large until I just walked right into their stand and put it on him - I don't think he or anyone around could believe that an away fan and basically come and stood right in front of him in the stand. None of his mates said a word just sat and watched. I felt more sorry for his bird sat next to him who earlier told him to sit down when giving it and she looked like a ghost as well when I gave him some advice and guidance on who he offers out.

Like I say, not proud and glad I came to my senses before I put one on him - don't want to get banned after all these years.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Oh Dear...

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... &start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As i said...be glad.

You can just imagine what this lot are like in real life.

More text talk than a bunch of girls coming out of a Twilight film !?
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Romford wrote:Oh Dear...

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... &start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As i said...be glad.

You can just imagine what this lot are like in real life.

More text talk than a bunch of girls coming out of a Twilight film !?
Really is amazing, they really love us

I don't see what they seem to have against us, at the end of the day they are the ones who called us there 3rd biggest rival in that pole that was on here a few months back, yet they cry when we give them any sort of abuse back

They probably deserved to win the game, and I'm sure a lot of us will agree with that, but it had more to do with us not turning up than them playing excellent.

As for them ****ing over what Kebe did, I seriously hope someone does it to them when they are getting tonked, I'm sure they will all run on the forum then shouting "What a hero, banter in football, love that" and not abusing him. Comparing what he did to Ronaldo doing stepovers just shows them up for what they are, the stepovers are to beat a man, pulling your socks up is trying to show off.

Anyway, apparently we are mini glory supporters :lol:
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee45 ... 1542_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well done Jack :thup:
Muddy
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Muddy »

Collison should've decked the ****.
The only trouble is that lansubry might nick his place in the side again.