Reading 3 West Ham Utd 0 (10/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Re: Reading vs West Ham: Match Thread

Post by the wren »

It can happen, watch and see. Baldock didn't score two until he scored two, did he? If you know what i mean. Have faith!! :)
Ssc2011

Post by Ssc2011 »

Romford wrote:Anyone going with a group of 4 on the train...book tickets in advance on Great Western under "group save 4".

32 sovs for the 4 of you :thup:
Cheers...just booked these. Reckon we will bounce back well from the disappointment of yesterday in this one.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

Carlton, Noble, Nolan and Piq all have the ability to score 2 goals each. We also have plenty of other players who are capable of scoring a goal each. So there you have it. 4-0, Cole, Noble, Nolan, Piq. Simple. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. All players who have scored in at least one of our last 3.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

the wren wrote:It can happen, watch and see. Baldock didn't score two until he scored two, did he? If you know what i mean. Have faith!! )

:lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

the wren wrote:It can happen, watch and see. Baldock didn't score two until he scored two, did he? If you know what i mean. Have faith!! :)
....I know he's been out injured for a while now, but has he scored two in a game since? and this is the very essence of my earlier posts, as soon as our main striker is out, we are left relying on strikers with poor goals per games ratio's
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

the wren wrote:It can happen, watch and see. Baldock didn't score two until he scored two, did he? If you know what i mean. Have faith!! :)
Puff Daddy wrote:....I know he's been out injured for a while now, but has he scored two in a game since? and this is the very essence of my earlier posts, as soon as our main striker is out, we are left relying on strikers with poor goals per games ratio's
2 against Blackpool, 2 against Leicester and 1 at Hull, no goals against Coventry, then injured at Derby. Not bad doing considering we don't play him as a striker away.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Whoever the match thread starter is, I can assure you 100% McAnuff is NOT a fan favourite, quite the opposite in fact! Absolutely buzzing for this game, those of you in R27 OR R28 will have a very good atmosphere, trust me!
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

Puff Daddy wrote:[
....I know he's been out injured for a while now, but has he scored two in a game since? and this is the very essence of my earlier posts, as soon as our main striker is out, we are left relying on strikers with poor goals per games ratio's
Both Nolan and Cole have good records at this level, as do we as a team.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 334 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Need to bounce back with a gritty Hull Boro style performance hare.Plenty of Tickets left in the Reading Sections for people who can stay restrained.
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Whoever the match thread starter is, I can assure you 100% McAnuff is NOT a fan favourite, quite the opposite in fact! Absolutely buzzing for this game, those of you in R27 OR R28 will have a very good atmosphere, trust me!
Well then the Reading website has lied to me :lol:
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Well then the Reading website has lied to me :lol:[/quote]

Indeed it has, would have to argue that he is actually the least liked player at the club right now!
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

rigoberts song wrote:Need to bounce back with a gritty Hull Boro style performance hare.Plenty of Tickets left in the Reading Sections for people who can stay restrained.
There really isn't a huge number of tickets left for this one, I would predict a sell out by the time the game comes around, I personally wouldn't risk buying on the day either, their ticket office is a shower!!
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

thejackhammer wrote:Well then the Reading website has lied to me :lol:
Knighter10WHU wrote:Indeed it has, would have to argue that he is actually the least liked player at the club right now!
fixed!
Dynan1

Post by Dynan1 »

Can see this being a 4-5-1.

Professional, get the job done, performance. 3 points and back on track.

2-0 Cole and Nolan.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Re: Reading vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Anyone know what parkings like at the Mad Stad?
Dynan1

Post by Dynan1 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Anyone know what parkings like at the Mad Stad?
Car Parking
If you arrive early enough then there is street parking to be had along Imperial Way. To find this, leave the M4 at Junction 11 and take the A33 towards Reading. After you come off M4 and head towards the stadium on the A33, turn right at the first roundabout into Imperial Way. There is also some parking at the Old Depot by the Courage Brewery on the A33/Imperial Way roundabout at a cost of �7 per car. Bon Hale a visiting Sheffield United fan informs me; 'We parked in at a warehouse car park located on Acre Road at a cost of �5. Passing the Madejski on your left, follow the A33 for about half a mile, then turn back on yourself, passing Bennet Road on your left, and then take the next left into Acre Road. You will see sign "match parking", where there is a large warehouse on the left. It is gated with security. It is then only a short walk to the ground from here. We also spotted another matchday car park in Bennet Road but this cost �10.'

There is some limited parking available at the stadium itself for a cost of �8, but it can be a bit of lengthy process to get out of the car park at the end of the game. Richard Buckingham adds; 'You can also park on the site of the now demolished greyhound track, close to the stadium. From the M4 at Junction 11 take the A33 towards Reading town centre. Follow the dual carriageway past the stadium and McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut outlets, then look for the 'Alternative Parking' signs ahead. On the left you will reach a small slip road into the parking site (which incidentally is an official stadium car par). It is also �8 to park there. It is stewarded and has the advantage of a quick post-match exit either back to J11 or towards Reading. The car park is a 5-10 minute walk away from the ground. Mark Sugar informs me; 'Don't park in the nearby Business Park, unless there is an individual unit charging for matchday parking. You may find yourself with a parking ticket if you do, or even clamped'.'
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/reading/#How" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; To Get There By Car & Where To Park
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Anyone know what parkings like at the Mad Stad?
Dynan1 wrote:Car Parking
'Don't park in the nearby Business Park, unless there is an individual unit charging for matchday parking. You may find yourself with a parking ticket if you do, or even clamped'.'
Last couple of times we've been there were a number of companies in the business parks with parking, on the right as you come from the M4. They were signposted and charged £5 or £6 IIRC, though probably gone up since then. 5-10 mins walk and fairly easy to get out of. As quoted above they are very hot on parking in the business parks where you shouldn't.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:[Anyone know what parkings like at the Mad Stad?
Dynan1 wrote:Car Parking
'Don't park in the nearby Business Park, unless there is an individual unit charging for matchday parking. You may find yourself with a parking ticket if you do, or even clamped'.'
Last couple of times we've been there were a number of companies in the business parks with parking, on the right as you come from the M4. They were signposted and charged £5 or £6 IIRC, though probably gone up since then. 5-10 mins walk and fairly easy to get out of. As quoted above they are very hot on parking in the business parks where you shouldn't.

also the Reading Gate, retail park where B a Q despite them saying no match day parking people do risk parking there I'm not sure if they have parking attendents checking on vehicles so it's up to you if you want to risk parking there also there is very little on street parking .
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Really looking forward to this one as it's only a short trip on the train for me, shame about the fact it's a trek from the station though.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Think i'll be doing pre drinks at Paddington Station, then on the train. Heading up with my mate, then we're meeting up with our respective wives back in London for dinner.

Have neglected to tell them the game is actually at Reading.

"Yeah, it went to extra time. Right nightmare" :oops: