Birmingham 1 West Ham Utd 1 (26/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Re: Birmingham v West Ham United match thread

Post by Turns to Stone »

stubbsy07 wrote:Let's hope the fans turn up at Derby. I felt as if I was a fan of a muggy little club today by how few we bought up
Romford wrote: Are you going ?
:lol:
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

With the football we are serving up at the moment I am very tempted to give it a miss. But unfortunately I will be there
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

I think its a good result today vs a very decent Birmingham City team...and defo one of the best sides in the Championship(imo would be much higher up the league,but run in Europa league has been a distraction).

Happy Xmas all
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

For every 30 minutes of decent performance, we get another 60 minutes of being poor.
We are just not very good but because almost very other side is as poor or worse, we somehow find ourselves 2nd. :crest:
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

stubbsy07 wrote:Let's hope the fans turn up at Derby. I felt as if I was a fan of a muggy little club today by how few we bought up
Announcer said there were 2K Hammer's fans in attendance. Seems pretty good to me, especially when the attendance today was 20K.
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

at 5.30pm considering our absentees i would have took the draw.but after a good 1st half with decent chances and penalty appeals it feels like we threw away 2 pts.We frustratingly have to accept today and for derby we are a patched up side without so many of our good players available.from coventry onwards we should improve with players back from suspension and hopefully from injury.very very frustrating for us.by the middle of jan we should have a very strong squad available,but derby with such a weakened side is going to be hard to get something..
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

We seem to have plan A for 60-65mins,then its plan B,which generally resembles smashing it aimlessly forward,surely
the coaches understand passing/retaining the ball,3 4 passes + builds confidence,and more importently allows the defence/midfield
to hit the halfway line,tonight the Ref was intimadated by the crowd,there were some genuine bookings,and Lindas and Fauberts
baffling,but why do we start to panic,and lose our shape?,young Pottsy physically is miles away @ the moment,and if it was not
for senior players,working 150% in front of him,would have been ripped apart,why was he left on? Noble again seems to hit the wall
then offers zero,I thought PaPa lead by example all night,and played like a skipper,the changes for the last 25+ mins baffled me,
sure Piqqy had to come off,he knows he only has 55mins in himself,then gives up,but i would have got the kid off also,and switched
Faubert to fullback,that would have snuffed out the need to double up on Burke
Its clearly obvious,this early ascendacy,we seem to seize,has to grab a minimum of 2goals,otherwise,we cannot
hang on,Jan 1st cannot come soon enough for me,we desperatley require 1 x left midfielder, 1 x c/half & 1 x sniffer up front
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:I think its a good result today vs a very decent Birmingham City team...
Happy Xmas all

agreed, I guess at the start of the game we'd of all happily taken a point and it's just frustrating that yet again we couldn't kill the game off when we were on top - the 3 yellow cards were stupid ones to give away but on the positive side the young boy Potts, again was very impressive.
jimcollins65

Post by jimcollins65 »

[quote="Devs Hampton"]For every 30 minutes of decent performance, we get another 60 minutes of being poor.
We are just not very good but because almost very other side is as poor or worse, we somehow find ourselves 2nd.
i make this about right
RushdenHammer

Post by RushdenHammer »

Good point at Brum - always is but how many times in the last 3 years have we always allowed them to deliver balls into the box to attarct pressure - especially against that 6ft 7 freak - at one point in the second half Carew was nearest the ball and O'Brien was marking Zigic. Now if I can see it surely the coaching staff can.
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

PS Just how many have we conceded from set plays this season? :?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Last edited by the pink palermo on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

10 Iron wrote:PS Just how many have we conceded from set plays this season? :?
I asked that an hour ago
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

bubbles1966 wrote: I know what I was thinking, "is that the most ridiculous booking I've seen a ref give all year?"....
No worse than the one given to Piquionne which resulted in his dismissal ....that, ultimately cost us big time .Let's hope George's doesn't do likewise .
Fitzey76

Post by Fitzey76 »

Would have taken a point before the start of the game, so not too disappointed.
Thought Faubert should have been taken off long before his booking, he had a poor game.
One question is, why do we panic so much when birmingham send on their big man up top??
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

It felt like deja-vu Zigic came on and changed the game, deja-vu all over again.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

fmgod wrote:It felt like deja-vu Zigic came on and changed the game, deja-vu all over again.
Seem to recall the last Manager got some serious stick on this board for not having a plan to deal with him .
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

did an answer come?[ Set Piece conceded goals

I asked that an hour ago. Did you get an Answer?
Last edited by 10 Iron on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

[/quote]

Seem to recall the last Manager got some serious stick on this board for not having a plan to deal with him .[/quote]

Fair point...I would have thought Sam would have put Diop as a third center half when Zigic came on but he did not.
brooking10
Total likes: 1 like

Post by brooking10 »

What option did we have re Zigic? If I was Hughton I would have had Zigic on from the start, as we had a left back playing centre half, and a small 17 year old playing his second game at left back?

Anyway, a patched up West Ham side go to an unbeaten at home Birmingham and come away with a gutsy point, and still people are moaning. If you want 'fantasy football', go and watch Spurs or Arsenal.

If we get promoted this season it will be in spite of our support, not because of it.