Birmingham 1 West Ham Utd 1 (26/12/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

farmerham
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Birmingham v West Ham United match thread

Post by farmerham »

Where do you need to get from daily?
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

farmerham wrote:Where do you need to get from daily?
Have PM'd you farmerham.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Green
O'Brien - Tomkins - Faye (if fit) - Potts
Lansbury - Noble - Nolan
Faubert - Cole - Hall

Stech, McCartney, Sears, Nouble, Carew.

With Piquionne as far away as possible from the first team. Birmingham are unbeaten, but so were Middlesbrough, 2-0 to West Ham, Cole and a debut strike for Hall. 8-)
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Just a thought but if what about young Potts at left midfield at some point? Play McCartney but if we are chasing it I could see him delivering some crosses and some pace down the left.
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

surely will be 451, i'm guessing no faubert baldock or carew so will prob line up with

----------noble - diop - nolan
sears--------------------------------piq
---------------------cole--------------

however with Potts passing and crossing i'd be tempted to start him instead of Piq, however no doubt he will be left back as Faye will still be out, Linda on Zigic no thanks. I guess Lans could play left mid as well at a push

2-1 win for irons
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

They've picked a cracker for the television! This has got bore draw written all over it!!
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

stubbsy07 wrote:They've picked a cracker for the television! This has got bore draw written all over it!!
It's always tight between us and Brum.. I say 1-0 to us, regardless of what team we put out. I hate these c**** SO much and if we beat them it will make my season, whether we go up or not.. COYI.
Hammers_Irons

Post by Hammers_Irons »

I prefer going up and take a point in this game, although, I think we might sneak a 1-0 win :)
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

Really struggling for transport to this game- anyone know of any coaches going other than the official club ones? Heard something about Romford coaches in the past..
wardy5705

Post by wardy5705 »

coach from milton keynes (national express) 12 quid single - where u coming from daily??????
beckton

Post by beckton »

iloveyoudailly wrote:Really struggling for transport to this game- anyone know of any coaches going other than the official club ones? Heard something about Romford coaches in the past..

Are you thinking of the Hornchurch Coaches?

Never done it myself but a few posters on here have. Try sending Pop Robson a pm, he might be able to give you some info.
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

I know they're below us in the league but St Andrews is a horrible ground with a hostile atmosphere - not an easy place to go and get 3 points.

I've seen us play there twice and both times it was freezing cold and blowing a gale!

I think the main selection issue is more of a man management one - does Allardyce keep Potts at left back after keeping a clean sheet on his debut?

Their right winger (Nathan Redmond) is a little box of tricks so might be a tricky proposition for the kid.

And I think Piquionne has shown any prospective suitors that he's fully fit for a transfer in January so there's no need to give him another run out any time soon. Hall to be playing just off Big Carlton's shoulder please.
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

beckton wrote:

Are you thinking of the Hornchurch Coaches?

Never done it myself but a few posters on here have. Try sending Pop Robson a pm, he might be able to give you some info.
Cheers for the heads up mate, got myself a space on the Hornchurch Coach :raver:
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

same team that played Barnsley. O´Brien in for Faubert. Montenegro, Lansbury, Sears and Rudock on the bench.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Faubert and Faye set to return after their injuries. Carew and Demel are doubtful. Reid and Baldock out. Collison of course still suspended.
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Faubert and Faye set to return after their injuries. Carew and Demel are doubtful. Reid and Baldock out. Collison of course still suspended.

York, did you read that Demmel was doubtful as I thought he was gonna be out until the end of Jan at least, thats great news if he is on his way back to fitness quicker than expected :thup:
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Faubert and Faye set to return after their injuries. Carew and Demel are doubtful. Reid and Baldock out. Collison of course still suspended.
This is from MattyLawless on Twitter isn't it? I'd take it with a pinch of salt, David Gold said Demel was out till end of Jan.

Allardyce just on SSN saying Carew should make it, Faubert is touch and go but Faye probably wont be involved :|
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

indiehammer wrote:
This is from MattyLawless on Twitter isn't it? I'd take it with a pinch of salt, David Gold said Demel was out till end of Jan.

Allardyce just on SSN saying Carew should make it, Faubert is touch and go but Faye probably wont be involved
Cheers Indie, I remember reading this on one of DG's tweets too, I just hoped from Yorks post, that he had a miraculous recovery and would be back sooner than expected, oh well it wouldnt be West Ham if we didnt have a player or two on the physio's table all season :thdn:
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Absentee Hammer wrote:
Cheers Indie, I remember reading this on one of DG's tweets too, I just hoped from Yorks post, that he had a miraculous recovery and would be back sooner than expected, oh well it wouldnt be West Ham if we didnt have a player or two on the physio's table all season
You never know, he could be back sooner than later but from what Allardyce was saying on SSN, things don't look good :thdn:

I expect to see Faubert in the team but not Faye, which means Linda at CB again. He was great against Barnsley but no one can be confident considering his size!

Maybe Big Sam will stick Diop at CB to marshall Zigic.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

to all going sing loud and do us proud :crest: