Ipswich Town 5 West Ham Utd 1 (31/01/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Ipswich Town F.C. vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Romford »

last.caress wrote:^^^^^^^^^ :: It's just Romford. Proper known to plod across the nation!
Because i don't want to drink in the away designated pub with people singing "I wanna go home"

Yep...I will have that :thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote: i don't want to drink in the away designated pub with people singing "I wanna go home"
Proper grates doesn't it .
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Romford wrote:Because i don't want to drink in the away designated pub with people singing "I wanna go home"
Do you think the locals would want to either, that's the issue, they can't discern from looking at you whether your one of them or not, is it a matter of hiding colours ?

Sorry to hear you all suffer in the cold.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Romford wrote:
Because i don't want to drink in the away designated pub with people singing "I wanna go home"

Yep...I will have that
Your a weirdo :wink:

as pinky said, if ever a song ****ing grated it is that **** song.

i only heard a tiny chorus of that last night in the ground and thankfully it died down pretty quickly.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

dapablo wrote:
Do you think the locals would want to either, that's the issue, they can't discern from looking at you whether your one of them or not, is it a matter of hiding colours ?

Sorry to hear you all suffer in the cold.
Well i have never seen a riot in 30 years at Ipswich...I think i will manage to not have one now.

Funnily none of the other grounds i have visited this season (apart from Reading) have needed to spark up such hysterior.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Hockley Hammer wrote:The only highlight was the Southampton - Cardiff result letting us off the hook slightly.
Collison is the only player who try's to play football, he want's the ball all the time. I will never slag a player off for this, he is playing with others who aren't on the same wavelength. In the 2nd half last night he played in midfield by himself. We played a team in 21st who have been poor, we are top of the league, why on earth are we only playing with one striker???
Last edited by Up the Junction on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Long quote edited.
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

Shocked Hammers boss Sam Allardyce said: "I was bitterly disappointed. I didn't expect us to put on such a poor performance defensively.

"That's been our ultimate strength this season, especially away from home, but as a defensive unit we just disintegrated.

"Ipswich came out of the blocks quicker than us and exposed the gaping holes we left in our back four. When you do that you get punished.

"We were very, very poor in that department and that's why we lost the game.

"Even when we clawed our way back we didn't have the organisation or communication to make sure we got through to half-time, so I could sort one or two things out.

"Ipswich were great and took full advantage of us not being on song.

"They stuck their chances away when they came their way, so from a football point of view it's been a shock and a really bad day."
tall paul
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by tall paul »

went for drink in issacs and the lord nelson up the waterfront, no problems there, stewards in the ground were proper jumpy all night, especially the one who got the hump with me banging my trainer on the roof of the executive sheds !
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Stewards in the family section created all sorts of trouble, proper winding people up for no reason.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Romford wrote: Because i don't want to drink in the away designated pub with people singing "I wanna go home"

Yep...I will have that :thup:
Yeah that is a **** song, that wasn't sung that much last night. But a beer is a beer.

I was just giving my opinions really, the OB even allowed people to stand in the walkways last night without issue and were having a good bit of banter with us where I was standing.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Very strange, and totally one dimensional line up, imo. My gut feeling is that our whole set up is to accomodate Nolan, and it isn't working on wide variety of levels
Your gut feeling is correct, in a 3 man middle you need a holding midfielder (noble), someone with craft who can play a ball and go beyond the striker (Collison) and someone that can put it about a bit (Lansbury or Diop). Can't be much worse then it already is!
We have a good crop of players but this numpty has no idea how to get the best out of them or where to play them.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Hammer Laffers wrote:
Yeah that is a sh*t song, that wasn't sung that much last night. But a beer is a beer.

I was just giving my opinions really, the OB even allowed people to stand in the walkways last night without issue and were having a good bit of banter with us where I was standing.
Downstairs they bought the "Response" team in to get people to sit down !
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes

Post by chuffster »

TheBig_Sam notBigSam
I've just been burning the bellends with cigarettes all morning. The training pitch looks like the smoky remains of a ****ing battlefield.

If only! :lol:
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Have said all along our back four are ****ing rubbish.

its been coming for a while now, hopefuly the new faces will score more than this piss poor defence concedes.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

For anyone who went.. How did Hall play? Heard he played 30 mins. Looked very promising whenever i've seen him.
hammersam

Post by hammersam »

steptoe61 wrote:Have said all along our back four are ****ing rubbish.

its been coming for a while now, hopefuly the new faces will score more than this piss poor defence concedes.

Got to totally disagree with you there. I'd say defence has been our best asset this year seen as we have one of the best defences in the league.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

hammersam wrote:I'd say defence has been our best asset this year seen as we have one of the best defences in the league.
I totally agree. Until last night we had the best defence in the division (I assume our goals conceded column won't look so good this morning!).

Our 1st choice back 4 - JOB-Tomkins-Faye-Macca - is very solid. Not the most inspiring perhaps, but very solid, which is what you want 1st and foremost from your defence.

We could certainly do with a bit more depth in there, as playing Faubert at RB is a massive step down from O'Brien there
stevenmj

Post by stevenmj »

After I saw you in that first boozer Romford, I got kicked out of the Wetherspoons for having my scarf on. However this was after We had already had two pints, and wanted to order some food. The first lass who served us asked me politely to hide my scarf a bit and I tucked it under my coat as best I could, the second slapper refused point blank to serve me because I was West Ham, and when I responded with 'f*** me luv, we've already had two pints' she says 'right you've sworn at me you definately won't be served now, leave before I call the old bill'.' I said 'f*** it you weren't gonna serve me anyway' and left. I hope her old man backs over 'er with his tractor.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

More to do with Green than a solid defence keeping the goals against stat.
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

chigwells finest wrote:another day/night avoiding sky news and the papers., ( i thought they were mostly over ) ,,, to those who went, and to the reading debacle ., was this worse & and a total inept capitualation ?
Yes.