Ipswich Town 5 West Ham Utd 1 (31/01/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bobo

Re: Ipswich Town F.C. vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by bobo »

I just feel sorry for our great travelling fans tonight.

I think a refund is in order. :thup:
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

61dicksey wrote:The 2 points per game scenario is still achievable with 18 games to go we are going to have to sort out the lack of goals
I would be interested to know from those that went if we tried to change our recent style of play tonight? Radio commentator mentioned we were trying to play more and over ellaborating much of the time? If so {accept it or hate it} is now the time to be trying something different?

Brum really on a run now and along with perhaps Cardiff pose a serious threat to us.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

bobo wrote:I just feel sorry for our great travelling fans tonight.

I think a refund is in order. :thup:
Seriously? are we not allowed to lose anymore?
m-h

Post by m-h »

Well what to say. Great support. On the pitch, slow to the ball, cant/won't tackle and just about every hoof resulted in a change of possession, we had no movement off the ball which made it easy for the to close us down. We are not very good.

10 days to get ready for this match, shame that only the support was up for it.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

I think the transfer window must have been a huge distraction. It's unsettling for the players. Cole and Baldock must be feeling an amount of uncertainty.

Read on the Telegraph site that Sam didn't travel with the players. Not sure the team were well prepared.
Believer
Has liked: 1425 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by Believer »

Glad we didn't let the FA Cup get in the way of our league form - that weekend off done us much better than silly Brum who went out and bashed Sheff Utd. What a daft decision by them being distracted with the cups !!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Could be worse...

Those sitting on their arses mugging off anyone who dares to have a word about our boring tactics could have got cold

Headbanger
hammer70

Post by hammer70 »

Believer wrote:Glad we didn't let the FA Cup get in the way of our league form - that weekend off done us much better than silly Brum who went out and bashed Sheff Utd. What a daft decision by them being distracted with the cups !!

i think that could be half the problem , they had a weekend off and some were out on the piss. :P
Aloysius
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Aloysius »

Awful performance but agree with a few on here that now is not the time to panic. Our away form since Boro win is a cause for concern though. 3 defeats (4 if you include Sheff Wed in Cup).

I think teams have worked us out a bit and see that we have problems at full back. Decent wide players are causing us more problems than they were early this season and that is the one area I would have liked us to stengthen - Lucas Neill left 6 windows ago and still hasn't been adequately replaced. With all these forwards signing is Sam abandoning the 4-5-1? if not there will be some unhappy players in the changing room which could also disrupt the promotion push.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2656 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

DAN1326 - IF YOU EVER, EVER START ANOTHER ****ing MATCH THREAD, AFTER ****ing UP YET ANOTHER ONE, I'M GOING TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL ALL OF YOUR FAMILY.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Romford wrote:Could be worse...

Those sitting on their arses mugging off anyone who dares to have a word about our boring tactics could have got cold
:clap:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Aloysius wrote:Awful performance but agree with a few on here that now is not the time to panic. Our away form since Boro win is a cause for concern though. 3 defeats (4 if you include Sheff Wed in Cup).

I think teams have worked us out a bit and see that we have problems at full back. Decent wide players are causing us more problems than they were early this season and that is the one area I would have liked us to stengthen - Lucas Neill left 6 windows ago and still hasn't been adequately replaced. With all these forwards signing is Sam abandoning the 4-5-1? if not there will be some unhappy players in the changing room which could also disrupt the promotion push.
Away from home we set ourselves DELIBERATELY to be defensive. Then we wonder why teams score against us.
canioking

Post by canioking »

poor team performance tonight, just never created much or looked happy on the ball. Ipswich pressed high and we didn't know what to do, ended up punting the ball up the channel and ipswich just lapped that up.We really need more up front so good to see things happening there tonight.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 805 likes
Total likes: 3022 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

joyful wrote:could someone who went tell me if Ipswich were any good or if we were just incredibly bad?
We weren't at our best tonight .

Ipswich worked very hard and were well worth their win .Considerably better application all over the pitch than we showed .They defended from the front , we just hoofed it forward time after time and lost possession .
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

well done all who traveled this evening. what a poor show by the team! i for one am gutted with that performance our new signings must be wondering what they have let themselves in for. no fight! no heart! utter shambles!hope we are up for a fight against millwall cos they for sure will be out to turn us over and after this evenings no show i am seriously worried, prem league im not so sure.sad hammer :(
Aloysius
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Aloysius »

Away from home we set ourselves DELIBERATELY to be defensive. Then we wonder why teams score against us.[/quote]

Yes and it was working earlier this season but it isn't now. I really think it's time for Plan B now hopefully involving more attacking intent and using the forwards at our disposal properly
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

hawkins_hammer wrote:
Away from home we set ourselves DELIBERATELY to be defensive. Then we wonder why teams score against us.
We do that every game...not just away.

The "Hold on and try and nick one" is definately the best way to use this squad...it must be.

Sam says so Headbanger
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

Awful result and performance.A real slap in the face.We can only hope Sam has read the riot act in the dressing room and we can re-group and sort this mess out.We havent been playing well for awhile now and that has to change if we want promotion.Lets hope our players can stay injury free and we with our 3 new signings blend a successful winning team.Maynard,Vaz Te and M orrison will add pace and flair.

This current team/formation is not clicking and that needs to change ASAP.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo[code] wrote: We weren't at our best tonight .

Ipswich worked very hard and were well worth their win .Considerably better application all over the pitch than we showed .They defended from the front , we just hoofed it forward time after time and lost possession .
Pinky....say it how it was please

We were an absolute disgrace...AGAIN
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

I am pissed at this result but finally a slap in the face for Allerdyce. All season we had had to endure smug sniping comments all The West Ham way being about losing etc.
How you lose 5-1 to ****ing Ipswitch playing anti-football is a lesson in humility to the over weight masticating ****.
Top of the league but we have been well and truly found out.